NS-7 PDW Reload Animation Nerf.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PS2Freak, Dec 23, 2013.

1. PS2Freak

Hi, Soe. Just bought NS-7PDW because of the 99sc Deal, and because i remembered it has cool reload animation. and now...:

I buy this NS SMG and Reload animation is nerfed . now it is simple one.. not near to the how cool it was before.

Please. Unnerf the Animation.. its was very good. and i miss it.

thank you
    • Up x 2
  2. FateJH

So now changed animations is equivalent to a nerf?
  3. PurpleOtter

No, they changed the animation to buff optimization.....better frames per second....
  4. Mezinov

"Nerf the Whales?"
    "Eh. Gotta nerf something."

But no, this is a legitimate problem. The NS-7PDW reload animation got borked in the last major patch and needs to be fixed. You no longer reload the gun near the buttstock like you used to; you now cram the magazine into your forward grip, look at it confused for a second, and then start shooting again.

I really don't think the first-person animations majorly, or significantly, affected performance. If that were the case the revolver reload animations would have been changed as well. I feel this is unintentional.
    • Up x 1
  5. NinjaTurtle

Does this mean we won't get any cool animations in the future and instead all new weapons will be the same old same old
  6. PS2Freak

exactly.. i miss variety too.. I think they gone to far, with "optimizing" the reload animation... i am all in for more optimizing with terrain and all that.... but... weapons, like this smg, should not be all the same...
  7. Flashtirade

I'm pretty sure it's called a bug, not a nerf.
    • Up x 1
  8. SnipersUnion

Its a bug. As is the way the weapon is held with your thumb about 12 metres from your gun. Its a generic VS reload animation, why would they put that on an NS weapon.
  9. Bambasti

Would like to have my cassette recorder back. :(
  10. Hiding in VR

Yeah, its very sad :(
  11. kadney

It's on sale right now?
  12. Hiding in VR

Expires in a little over 4hrs
  13. Hatesphere

yeah its to the VS battery load animation. someone in their programming team got VSSMG1-reload and NSsmg1-reload mixed up in the files or something.
  14. PS2Freak

yes :)
    • Up x 1
  15. Snowzak

I BOUGHT THIS GUN TO MAKE MIX TAPES
    • Up x 3
  16. Cirevam

If they wanted optimized reload animations they would have made all of them Goldeneye-style. Tip your rocket launcher off-screen, *ka-klick*, bring it back up in less than a second. Now we just need to dual-wield Decimators.
  17. PS2Freak

Please, send also ingame bug report regarding NS-7 PaDoWan reload animation. thank you mates
  18. MullacGeek

19. z1967

I just imagine that it is actually a bullet hose that got jammed and is being hit to get the jammed bullets lose. ITS A COPING STRATEGY OK. Yeah, I miss my cassette player, **** physics style gun.
  20. Kukuguy

My accuracy and KDR with the PDW has dropped ever since this reload nerf
    Bring back the old animation!
    • Up x 1