How to 1v1 a ZOE [video]

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BigIronRanger, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Devrailis

Lets be real here. The idea that no one is pulling ZOE since the changes is laughable. From the number of ZOEs I've seen, plenty of people still try to use it. Some because they don't really understand what the changes entail, some because they want to adjust to the new mechanics, and some out of sheer stubbornness.

Is ZOE useless? The melodrama queens will say it is. Let them. The VS did not get an armour buff (the most amusing grasping at straws argument I've seen from many VS), it is as tough as any MAX, and still not as tough as an Aegis MAX.

The volume of whine to effectiveness ratio reminds me of the ole days when the NC MAX just got nerfed. Man you should have seen the NC tears when it happened. But a few of us didn't cry about it, we just adjusted to the mechanical changes and kept farming.
  2. HooWoo

He's not the best player because he can't fly yes that's correct, if he could prove me wrong and learn how to fly well then hell yeah he would be one of the best players on the server but until then his claims aren't rightful, they're boastful and full of absolute ****, you can't just claim you're 'the best' in a combined arms game without being a versatile player in all aspects of the 'combined arms' aspect...

I mean I could just say right now that Adosattack is the best player on Briggs but then again he is only insanely good at the flying wedge of the game so he is out of the question...

Here is somebody who I would easily consider better than BIR, https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428011263301050433/vehicles
  3. f0d

you wouldnt be able to do that now after the patch

because not a single VS uses ZOE anymore :p
    i havnt seen any anyways
  4. Epic High Five

Not even a buff. The damage got nerfed, a lot. The reason it feels like a buff is because we don't have to Falcon box to get the rockets to land on target and they don't go slower than a thrown grenade.

[IMG]

Get over it you big baby. The VS MAX is still OP as all hell just because it's a MAX. If you can't make a walking tank with twin ridiculously accurate rapid fire arms that have zero damage dropoff work, then rebind everything on your keyboard to /suicide because there's no hope left.

Ah bluu bluu bluu, now I can't just strafe faster than an infantryman can run and avoid all missiles :( ALL HOPE IS LOST

I'm reminded of a certain Higby quote re: the VS and their toys.

Picture credit to AdmiralSnuggles, king of PS2 and our hearts
    • Up x 1
  5. eatenalive

Keilos is a good guy, don't get me wrong. But most people don't fly excessively until they have certs to spend, and very few who don't follow that stereotype get good at that stage. Infantry is readily available from the get go. There is no timer. There is no resource cost. Aircraft requires investment, infantry does not.
    But you have misdirected this thread once again. He did not post a video of himself giving Obama a lap dance or anything. It's not about how good he is. It's about how he dealt with a ZOE max by himself pre-nerf.

Anyway it's easy to criticise. So if you can't refrain from trying to stain his reputation, at least provide us with a counter argument THAT INVOLVES YOU.
    • Up x 1
  6. eatenalive

What you mean is maxes are still op. Not VS maxes. All maxes. And of all the maxes, VS has the least reliable. If you pop ZOE thinking there is a room full of people and it turns out to be empty, too bad, cool down pls. You can't switch it on and off like the others. Do explain how two abilities (Aegis Shield, Lockdown) that are great for defending cap points (the pinnacle of the entire game) are worse off than something that would be most useful out in the open (which is constantly spammed by tanks and aircraft, so much so that rarely any cap points exist in the open anymore).
  7. Fortress

So use a concussion grenade and shoot a rocket.

What would we do without your infinite wisdom bigiron?
  8. Epic High Five

That is LITERALLY WHAT I SAID IN THE FIRST LINE.

Lockdown is a death sentence, especially after the Decimator just spent a whole day at 1 penny. Aegis enhances the weakness of the class while removing the perks, and bleeds damage like you wouldn't even believe. It's situational, like ZOE, and more or less unlike Lockdown. ZOE users still don't get to ***** because Lockdown is somehow even worse than Aegis.

I find better use from an AV grenade most of the time. AV -> rocket -> LMG works damn near every time, and with a grenade bandoleer and AV grenades you can really clean up when the bad guys are stuffing a crap ton of MAXes into one room. Have you seen what 4 AV grenades will do? Oh baby.
  9. Monkeydmomo

I've got news for you, nobody gives a flying fugk about your butt hurt ego related opinion. The server crowned him mvp and not you big whoop, get good on ground. From what I understand you run a2a pods? You're no top pilot you ain't **** amongst aces if you actually run scum to scum pods.
  10. Greyfrog

The server crowned him? When did this happen? I could have worn my prom dress again!

Oh I should add nice kill, was it injured before hand? It didnt look like the rocket connected an he went down fast. Concs were the best way to drop those SOBs for sure.
  11. Fortress

lol
  12. Epic High Five

I'm great with air combat. When there's lots of air around, I pull bursters or skyguards or my trusty Hawk and make air not be around anymore. I don't mind them if they're doing their weird little ego dances 400m up, but the total asshats that spam AI weapons and throw their arms up when their precious autism chariot is destroyed by lowly infantry can just eat it.

I'm combining my arms to get firm grip of my noob G2A launcher and scoring easy kills. It's a combined arms kind of game you know.
    • Up x 1
  13. NovaAustralis

BigIronRanger most certainly can fly well.
    It's your loss if you don't want to take his advice.
    And it's poor form to try to discredit what an experienced player is trying to show others.
    (In this case, how to 1v.1 a VS ZOE MAX.)
    I'm pretty sure PS2 is ADosAttacks full-time job... :rolleyes: and yes, if he isn't in his Scythe he's Infantry 1% of the time. Whoop dee doo.
    [IMG]
    (You link to Keilos, yet Vyvien and Rockmann are TR players in the top 5 of two of the lists. huh? o_O )
    Where are you on the Leaderboards?
    I even checked the Top 10...
    So yeah... I'm gonna go with what BigIronRanger says.
  14. Devrailis

*Puts Forumside Camo On*

Ah Ah Ah, but wait. Those numbers don't mean anything because I don't want them too. You don't know the context which those kills came from. BigIron****'s kills don't count because he did not gain them by [ Insert arbitrary self-imposed ruleset ].
  15. eatenalive

Thank you for taking the time I didn't have to further our argument!

Cool Kids - 1
    Malaria Carrying Bug - 0
  16. eatenalive

Greyfr0g good sport OP. Pls nerf positivity :)
  17. PeanutMF

Please people calm yourselves, we all know that Sentienc3 is the greatest player on Briggs.

At catching FPCs with a Mossie.

This is the official Briggs **** posting thread right?
  18. Epic High Five

How can someone have 40,000 more kills than the #2 and yet not be in the top 5 for score?
  19. PeanutMF

Doesn't kill vehicles (much), doesn't use boosts.

My kingdom for a running vehicle kill count character wide.
  20. AxisO7

I truly don't understand anybody who tries to claim so and so is the best Planetside 2 player (whether self-proclaimed or talking about others) when the person they are talking about basically play a glorified TDM. People who purely kill things without any attempt to make an impact on the bigger picture are not great Planetside 2 players.

Not aimed at any person in particular, but I always laugh at people who talk about someone being 'the best' when 99% of the time all they are doing is running around by themselves at the easiest place on the map to get kills (and then redeploying with 12 seconds left before the base is taken so they don't hurt their precious k/d). *shrugs* Maybe it's just me, but I'd be annoyed if I had somebody on my faction wasting their awesome skills like that.