Triple Station Cash Sale (?!)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EtharionTurambar, Dec 19, 2013.

1. theddd

wasnt there like a 30% sc rebate just a couple of weeks ago?
  2. Inex

Exactly why it was in quotes. I know that there's no real difference there. 350SC for a set of missles: you choose if they are A2G or A2A. But I can't help but make the cert-to-SC ratio comparison.
  3. Hicksimus

I guess they decided that we were beginning to expect this and it was hurting them.
    Double edged sword. I'd give them $28 for 12 guns. I won't give them $28 for 4 guns. When they don't take my money that means somebody else gets it (Somtimes Subaru/Nissan or their aftermarket side get the $, somtimes a competitor gets the $) <- the car guys use materials that they don't get to re-use.....Sony just uses labor(mostly).

That's also skipping the other logic. By being a big greedy company they are ignoring the actual issue which is that their products are too expensive leading people to actively seek sales. (we all become barnacles)
  4. chrollo

i bought more station cash in the weeks after the triple station cash than i did during triple station cash. I felt encouraged to put money into this game because of triple station cash in the first place. I would have sunk more money into ps2 by now if they had of come out with more guns than a few pistols and NS weapons, bought every smg nothing to really wet my appetite now anyways. Was honestly just going to buy boosts and camos and some TR weapons, but I don't feel the need to do so anymore. I was planning to give SOE another 100 bucks this christmas, but now now. SOE loses money, and players who want new content know that the money spent during triple station could have gone to producing it.
    • Up x 1
  5. Duvenel

Not sure if this is exactly relevant but I saw this in an e-mail from the PSG(EU) people about PS2, not sure it's for SC or for their take on SC though...

[IMG]
  6. CaptHaddock

Read this slowly. You can play PS2, all if it, since release, for free. All weapons, all unlocks, always online with multiplayer. That's still a better deal than $2.99.

If you would like to shortcut time, and accelerate unlocks, you can pay. I can never play Just Cause 2, any of it, until I pay - but I pay once.

Two different models, but comparing F2P and one-time purchase model discount schemes is asinine.
  7. Chivalry

Not hard to see what he means if you read the full sentence.

He wouldn't mention his lack of influence on their "timing or discount percentage" if SC would not be offered. Note that he does not state his lack of influence on the existence of the sales, but rather when and for how much the sales would be.
  8. Liquid23

you can play Just Cause 2 for free also!!!!

it's just not "technically" legal... lol
  9. MaxDamage

Given that they are doing a 50% off sale on pretty much everything, on top of 99SC and 1SC sales over the holidays, what they have going is better than a double station cash sale!
  10. Crayv

Since they are doing this I don't expect even a double SC sale. Though I think this is a viable substitute.
  11. CNR4806

I had been pretty satisfied with the game overall and was planning to buy some SC for cosmetics when a double/triple SC sale turns up.

But nope, it looks like I won't be spending a dime on this game.
  12. voxmachina

Ask all of the people who complained about the 3xSC sale why we haven't gotten one.
  13. siiix

what do you even do with it i have over 10k SC in my account for over 6 months , there is nothing new i want :(

last thing i buyed was the flair gun in July... there is nothing new since, the ice gun = the flair gun with out the flair
  14. Ronin Oni

Yah, I think the huge SC sales are done for, and instead games will have bigger sales in game.

$1 items (and 1 penny items for members) along with 50% off entire categories seems to be their gig this year.

PS2 team has no control over the SC sales either, that's the larger SOE that also runs EQ, DCUO, etc
  15. Oblomoff

Well, subscription feels [to me] more and more valuable - 5$ worth of station cash each month for 10$ or 15$ a month if you buy a full year. And all the other stuff of course.
  16. TheBuddha

Support Planetside!! Buy a Panetside subscription. If you love the game, throw 'em a bone.

But I'm all for holding out and not buying station cash until a sale happens. I buy a TON of station cach on 2x sales and a METRIC **** TON of it on 3x sales
  17. vulcan78

I actually kept my receipt from Gamestop and if there is no 2x or 3x sale I am returning the unused $30 worth (used $30).

Just an FYI to SOE.

Sale or, speaking for myself, I am getting a refund.

You are selling virtual items after all that require no large slave-factory filled with wage-slaves in China, nor do they require any core materials, and they are of ZERO usefulness in the REAL WORLD.

"Hey dude, wanna check out my special helmet in this game I have?"

"Nah, I'm gotta make a sandwich."

And $10 for a virtual helmet IS POSITIVELY RIDICULOUS.

The 2x and 3x SC events, along with the daily sales (how is that some Lumifiber is ALWAYS the daily item?) are the only time the community can expect to pay A FAIR AND REASONABLE PRICE for weapons and unique items.

I am all about supporting PS2, I understand that you need to be fed, but really though, poor optimization for Intel mult-core CPU's and SLI? No PhysX? Hossin perpetually delayed? Nerf-bat on steroids? (Charge is now the de-facto VS Max ability, 10 M maximum damage for Harasser weapon and TWO DIRECT HALBERD ROUNDS TO KILL INFANTRY?! Are you OUT OF YOUR MIND?!)

"Santa Clause is coming to town, and he's going to find out who's been naughty and nice......"

SOE youv'e been very, very naughty, no SC purchase in your Christmas stocking!
  18. Cab00se187

SOE doesn't owe you anything. You should be thankful they designed this great shooter and put it out free to play.
    • Up x 1
  19. Goretzu

That's the thing if they don't put the stuff they normally put in the 99/1SC bit (i.e. only cosmetics) then it is a different thing, no matter the cost.
  20. EtharionTurambar

Not even that, its SOME cosmetics, among which ofc none of the ones i'd want so again..your freedom to choose what to buy (as with the x2/x3 sales) is totally gone.. BUY THESE THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT CARE ABOUT at low low prices. Whats that? Something you really WOULD want? Oh nope that's not on sale, spit up a good 10 bucks per viirrrtual freaking helmet..