Which gun would you recommend?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by InsaneDubstep, Dec 19, 2013.

1. InsaneDubstep

I'm playing on the New Conglomerate site. I do play all classes except recon and MAX Unit. I'm lvl 19 now and I've got 600 cert points at the moment.

Because it's very hard to earn certs, I would like to get an advice which gun I should buy next, because I have no overview.

Any suggestions? NeNe
  2. Synister

If you're looking for a cheap Medic gun, that's easy to use, look no further than the GR-22. There's a lot of debate over Carnage/GR-22, but for new players that don't have many certs, the GR-22 is the way to go, the Carnage is 4x the price and there's a certain niche for using it. Definitely go with the GR-22 :)

Overall price on the GR-22 is 250 certs, which leaves you 350 for upgrades, get the Advanced Laser Sight and Soft-Point Ammo first, and on your next 100 certs, grap the Flash Suppressor.
  3. Mxiter

Carnage BR and GR-22 are both great close range guns and both quite cheap (250 certs).
    Carnarge is better at range while GR-22 have better ROF/stopping power.
    But i think that both have been nerfed at yersteday patch and didn't tried them since.

Gauss rifle is a very balanced all rounder: Decent TTK, great damages per mag, great accuracy, decent reload and great velocity.
    • Up x 1
  4. phreec

Carnage BR and the default Gauss Rifle are the two guns you'll ever need.

- The Carnage BR is the more close range weapon with high rate of fire but less damage (kinda like VS and TR guns). Easily sprayable and more forgiving. It also becomes decent at range if you decide to get a Grip on it instead of Laser.
    - Gauss Rifle is an excellent medium-long range gun and also good at close range if you're a good shot.

I recommend certing into the Forward Grip and Advanced Grip but Laser is also a good choice if you're more of a mobile hipfire player than stable and accurate aimed shooter. I don't personally use any optics as the NC iron sights are actually really good at both close and long range and I find the suppressor and flash hider to be more trouble than they're worth.
  5. HerpTheDerp

Gauss Rifle Burst: like (much) more accurate Gauss Rifle with high recoil. You have to keep tapping fire button which is annoying as hell
    Gauss Rifle S: Unless you really want the noobtube(which was just nerfed) don't bother even looking at it
    GR-22: eats enemies up to 10-15m, worthless otherwise
    Carnage AR: was just hit with the .75x ADS movement speed nerf bat, don't bother
    Reaper DMR: Actually worth considering after the patch, but there's little point because...
    Gauss Rife: is the NC CM weapon to use now

(Remember you can test weapons yourself in the VR)
  6. Myrgatroid

Carnage AR is still treating me well, despite the .75 ads nerf.

But the default Gauss rifle is amazing, and until you auraxium it or are just plain tired of it, there isn't much reason to use anything else IMO.

If you are level 19 with 600 certs, you would be doing yourself more of a favor to spend those points into further kitting out the medic rather than buying a new gun. If you feel you must buy a new gun, try them out in VR and go with which one feels best to you.
  7. Psykmoe

Since I was already using the Carnage with adv. Grip, the added jitters don't affect me too much at the ranges the gun is useful, still very fun. I found the 0.75 ADS nerf more annoying on the GR-22 because now it's even more pidgeonholed into short range.

Honestly I'd just suggest to keep working that Gauss Rifle, either with laser or grip, to taste. For the medic on a budget it's an excellent gun.

Gauss Rifle S is our easiest gun to use, and one of the few S variant guns that's not just a **** gun with 2 grenades in it, but a legit nice weapon, because it has good attachment options and very low first shot recoil compared to our other guns. Smooth to operate, with SPA not entirely incompetent up close. Not worth 500 certs for a starting player though.

Reaper DMR: Just got buffed, but still more difficult to use than alternatives.

Gauss Burst: Now has amazing ADS accuracy rivaling that of 200 damage guns, except the Gauss Burst also retains great ADS accuracy when moving. Cheap but not everyone's cup of tea.

NC has excellent assault rifles, but the basic one is really good so your certs are probably better invested in the medic healing tool, which produces certs quite nicely in big fights.
  8. Ceskaz

I don't play medic a lot so I just use the standart NC1 Gauss Rifle. It's a fine weapons. A pull headshot on this this more than any other weapons. Very good balance between damage, rate of fire and accuracy. Tends to lose this accuracy after 8~9 shots in auto, but the guy should be dead at this point.
    Play with both laser sight or foregrip depending on the fight with x2 reflex most of the time, or x3.4 in the open.
  9. lilleAllan

Gauss Rifle is one of the best mid range weapons in Planetside.

So I'd make sense to get GR-22 or Carnage for CQC.
    • Up x 1
  10. Elkybam

Not sure which weapons suits all-around, but I would personally stick with Carnage AR or standard Gauss Rifle.

CQC would probably be GR-22 or Carnage AR

Medium-Long Range could be Gauss Rifle S, Reaper DMR, or just NC1 Gauss
  11. pnkdth

NC1 Gauss rifle and Carnage AR. You do not need any more ARs as a NC medic. That said, I'm partial to SMGs on support classes.
  12. Elsewhere

I use 3 different ones on my NC Medic

1) Default Gauss Rifle - Good all rounder
    2) NS11A - Because I bought it with SC ages ago and is unlocked for all my Medics - Precise, accurate, versatile, but lacking raw DPS in terms of a ROF/DPB profile. I play this most purely because it "feels" right, rather than the numbers.
    3) Carnage AR - for those times when most engagements are 20meters or less.

An alternative idea might be to keep the Default Gauss for general work and get a shotgun for close range work. If you are on a tight Cert budget, it has the benefit of being available when you switch to other classes with that same toon, whereas an assault rifle will only benefit you when playing Medic. (shotguns are 250 and 750 certs IIRC)
  13. Crackulous

Flare gun or the new snowball gun are both solid choices.
  14. lunate

Guass Saw
  15. RHYS4190

NC1 Guass accurate as stink at 60m aim at there chest poof there dead 1 shot in the chest and the vertical recoil will put 2 in the head,
    unlike the GD-22 the NC1 recoil is vertical and is totally predictable, which is what you want, fast firing weapons mean very little this day Accuracy is king because you want to get very good at getting head shots because the pay off is enormous, and are easier to get with vertical climbing weapons.

Iv tested the TRV and the GD-22 on both my account and iv found both of them are pretty pedestrian the worst is the TRV it has 3 distinct recoil pattern and it really totally random how it behaves so it very hard to get true accuracy out of a gun that's so unpredictable.

wait a min your NC I probably should not be training you should I :)