What's your Suit slot + Shield Combo now

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by DurandaI, Dec 18, 2013.

1. DurandaI

Hey with the changes to nanoweave with respect to no longer stacking with resist shield, what are you guys using now?

Currently I have 2 builds that I am running

Firstly Im running Nanoweave with adrenaline shield, I like this combo because I enjoy the % DR from nano combined with the added lifepool from the adrenaline shield.

My second build is a little strange, im running resist shield with advanced shield capacitor, im a little less tanky than if I ran with flak armor, but in an infantry v infantry battle explosive resistance dosnt seem like such a big deal, and I really like that after each battle my shields almost immediately begin regenerating.

Also, anyone feel that the TTK has decreased by like 2-3 bullets in most engagements now after the headshot changes?
    • Up x 1
  2. Nocturn0l

I've been running with resist/NW for months now, but i'm gonna change it up as well.

I wonder if NW interacts with ADS/NMG, i.e. if the small arms resistance is applied to the overshield healthpool. Also I'm wondering, do NMG/ADS actually blocks headshots, i.e. if a bullet that hits the head with the shield activated only does normal damage?

I think i want to run NMG/ASC, flak is the other suit slot i would think of.

resist still gives more health than NMG/ADS, but it has a damage cap and it doesn't protect from sniper headshots.

I imagine flak + resist would be a good combo for general purpose, as it protects against all damage types fairly well, more than NMG+flak against small arms and more than NMG+NW against explosives.

ASC + resist is probably a good combo as well.
  3. Alarox

Nanite Mesh + ASC. More consistent health advantage over anyone I face and can get back into the fights as fast as possible.
  4. CaptainAmeda

Sheild capacitor needs a bit of a buff before I get it.
    Just buff it to 5 or 6 seconds in time reduction and like 15% or 25% faster regen after cool down.

But I currently run NMG with flak or nano, going to switch to AS once I can afford the entire upgrade.
  5. Leondre

Was previously running adren and nano, and will continue to do so.
  6. Badmagic362

From what I've read and understand, hard to test with the servers down always, Nano and either Adren or NMG will have the most effective health pool and resist will just regen shields faster than the other two but not stack or work with Nano. I don't play much heavy assault but used nano/resist before the update. I think I will use ASC and Resist afterwards though, I like ASC on my Infiltrator, LA, and Medic so I think I will like it on my Heavy too.
  7. ghostwalkn

NMG+ASC

700HP for handling multiple targets, quick shield recovery for sustained battle and intermittent firefights

NW doesn't do anything while RS is active. Not a ****ing thing. There is incentive to use RS+ASC but the thinking is.... you must be actively using the RS, as its only gleaming shiny sliver of hope of beating NMG, number for number, is if you use it frequently, as it has low downtime. And ASC lowers your downtime.

But you're kind of limited versus the old days, because now you'll rely on personal shields as your guidance for getting in and out of cover, you won't have that +250 green buffer to get a full sustained use of RS. It will block less damage than it used to in one charge. But like I was saying, it has low downtime.

Reasons I still choose NMG: it will take sniper/scout rounds and it's shield number 2, it's my first line of defense. The defense: 700 HP in 45 seconds. And it does stack with flak/NW. But I chose ASC as that second line of defense is imperative, especially right after a firefight when shields are possibly depleted.

the sniper/scout rounds is a pretty big deal, a lot of infiltrators will be rolling BASRs and trying headshots, and RS doesn't stop those bullets. NMG will still save you from a BASR headshot, if you activate it before you try to hit him
  8. ghostwalkn

I think it's situational. Flak is situational (c-4 anybody). Resist shield is situational (tight lockdowns).

NMG isn't. It's always helpful. It's like hugging a dead enemy carcass and evading imminent death
  9. MrEclectic

There is an activation cost for NMG and Adr, so the actual buff is closer to ~600-650. I cant recall, just watch Wrel's video about the various HA shields.

I tried today Res+ASC at a 48+vs48+ at Regent Rock. Really liked the quick recovery and back into the fray feel of ASC. With Res I had 1818ehp, so not that far behind NMG/ADR+NW. Also Res still has the shortest downtime and longest uptime of the three. Combined with the quick regeneration of shields because of ASC, I had minimum downtime.

NMG/ADR+Asc seems also a nice combo, as well as NW or Flak. I guess we all have to experiment in the coming days (server status permitting).

One note: if those who used restoration kits, perhaps considering switching to medkits is in order. One of the good things about rest kits was that the regeneration rate was a percentage of health. With the way NW used to work, that was a big amount of hitpoints per tick. Unfortunately, not anymore.
  10. Kallowe

I'm betting Adv. Shield capacitor will get reworked as it's the only suit slot that is good in all situations.
  11. Nobalification

Ammo badge, Nanite Mesh Gen., Medic kit to be lone wolf (means don´t add more work for medics and engineers).
  12. Malb0r0

If anyone has done any speadsheets or viedos about how many bullets or explosives it takes to kill someone with NMG/ADS + Flak/Nano or Resist + ASC pls put it up here. If you've seen anything online pls put it up here as well.

Thanks to all the min/maxers for sharing in advance.;
  13. MrEclectic

According to this video by Wrel:

Adrenaline and NMG are nominally 650 ehp, but have an activation cost of ~43ehp, so it's 607ehp (effective hit points). So, Adr/NMG+Anything(except Flak/NW) is 1607 ehp.

Resist+Anything is 1818 ehp. Also, Resist doesn't stack with NW or Flak. Only the highest resistance is applied.

Adr/NMG+NW5 is either 1857ehp, if NW mitigates small arms fire damage to the core hit points pool of 500shields+500health, or 2008 ehp, if NW mitigates damage to the whole 1607 ehp pool. Flak seemed to mitigate the damage to the combined overshield+shields+health total, so that may be the case here as well (haven't used anything besides Resist for any significant amount of time, so not sure about how that works now).

Adr/NMG+Flak5 is either 2607ehp, if Flak mitigates explosive damage (including direct hits) to the core health pool, or a whooping 3214ehp otherwise, and still 1607ehp against small arms fire.

Resist Shield has the longest uptime, and the shortest cooldown. Also, Resist Shield maintains its effectiveness throughout its uptime, while Adr and NMG lose a chunk each second, becoming less effective.

An important question is how do Adr and NMG react to headshots? Do they absorb any of the incoming damage, and if so, which? The round prior to the headshot multiplier, or the whole damage after calculating the headshot in? Headshots go through the resist.

Now, Adr/NMG+Flak may seem like the clear winner, but against small arms fire it is 1-2 bullets less potent, That may not seem like much, but considering that the average player has 20% accuracy, those are 5-10 extra shots, that is 0.5-1 sec, and a lot of things can happen in that time.

Finally, a note about healing kits. Restoration kits synergised really well with NW, since the restoration is a percentage of the health over time. More health (up to 750 with the prior instance of NW5), more health points restored per tick. This is not the case anymore, so I feel that med kits are the preferable option now.
  14. Scientiarum

I have kind of a question about resist shield. I know it takes the higher resistance rating. Resist shield gives a 40% general damage resist. Maxed out nanoweave only gives a 30% resist to infantry weapon projectiles so it will still offer a slight buff over that while providing explosive protection in addition. My question though is that since the maxed out flak armor provides 50% explosive resistance when I use Resist shield I am still getting a 40% resist against infantry weapon projectiles right? It shouldn't override all resists, just resists effecting the same damage type.
  15. Sen7ryGun84

Adrenaline + Max grenade bandolier + concussion spam = Roflol room clearing with a high capacity LMG. Plenty of free stunned headshots to keep that ADS up and running.
  16. Hrafnagaldr

Same here except I switch ASC for Flak when there are a lot of vehicles around or I am in the open field.
  17. Teoke

If NW and Resistshield dont stack anymore, I'll be rolling ASC and Resistshield on my HA.

On all my other classes i'll probably get Flakarmor
  18. Ceskaz

Advanced Shield Capacitor + NMG. Never liked the idea of resist shield, and the ASC get you back in the fight real quick.
    I might get my flack armor up (I have level 1 or 2 when creating my character) in case of vehicule battle or if MAXs decide default AV weapons are now great at killing everything.
  19. ghostwalkn

The one thing I noticed about ASC+NMG is the NMG can be used to block the personal shield timer from being reset. Just, you need to get used to deactivating the nanomesh right before the timer is up.
  20. Hiding in VR

Are there any options you should specifically avoid? What are the cases where you get no benefit?