Too much Color, The New Faction vechical colors Thread.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CommandoKain, Dec 18, 2013.

1. CommandoKain

Im not a fan of the New More Apparent colors on the vehicles. I mean if you couldn't tell that the Vanguard or magrider was and enemy vehicle Before..... You might have Bigger Issues :(

On the Topic that they were more for the other vehicles that where Cross factions. i.e. Lighting or Surrender.
    Why make it to easier to be Spotted come on camouflage only works if there aren't Hard Lines. Soooo Come on
    there's to much RED on my Tank!
    • Up x 1
  2. Xeenos

I think the game is to bright in general, but alas i dont think we can fix the cartoony art style they are going with.
    • Up x 1
  3. Shatara

When I first saw some of the color changes on the test server, I figured they were unfinished, and they were going to tone them down, add weathering, etc... I guess I was wrong.
    • Up x 2
  4. DeadliestMoon

So brighter colors = cartoony? No wonder modern style games have a terrible brown/grey-ish tint to them, people think like this.
    • Up x 3
  5. Tommyp2006

I think adding all this extra faction color, is a step towards adding vehicle hacking, maybe theyre trying to push that out with the eventual infiltrator update
  6. FateJH

To be honest, before the art department started this redesign of vehicles for what we assume is eventual vehicular hacking, the only two things I'd fault for color palettes that are too bright are some of the camouflage and the NC. I'm not faulting on the NC itself, but comparing it against the primaries. Their blue is far too close to the primary blue, whereas TR red and VS green are much more subdued and not as close to the respective primary (and VS purple is typically considered too good by non-VS players). I don't even want to get into the NC yellow - the CYMK bases are much brighter than the RGB bases. The current stock NC MAX actually seems brighter than traditional NC swatches!

As far as the game having a cartoony feel, all I have to do is remind myself what PS1 MAXes looked like.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    (At least PS1 TR MAXes looked like ExoSquad rejects. They had that going for them, even if it wasn't much.)
  7. Pikachu

High saturation tends to make a picture look less real so its often avoided for normal graphics. Somehow its more difficult to accurately simulate light for colorful objects.

I dont like most of the changes. The sunderer looks worse in all ways and NC has got patches of orange added to the yellow which looks out of place. Prowler and mosquito has color on places where it looks worse. The only good thing is that the red is darker now which makes it work better with camos. Especially for lightnings.
    • Up x 1
  8. Pikachu

If it was to be cartoon style then they wouldnt put effort on the lighting. No ambient occlusion and such.
  9. WyrdHarper

I tried to warn you!
    I'd rather have a Giant TR logo than these hideous patches of color. They look like someone just used the fill tool in paint, instead of adding texturing and shading to make the pieces look good.

The most absurd part? They recolored the mossie, but didn't fix the wing camo clipping through thevthruster.

Also, if it is for hacking...
    ...why does blockade armor cover the stripes?
    ...why did the mossie (already highly red) get changes?
    ...why not change the secondary colors of the factions when hacked as well, instead of replacing secondary colors with the primary on the mossie (they actually just did this, how lazy is that?)?. A hacked mosquito with purple/cyan or blue/yellow would be much more obvious, as TR is the only faction with a bright primary but dull secondary color.
    ... You want to be stealthy, so why not keep color low so people rely on IFF and get used to it instead of catering to 5 year olds? Everyone uses doritoes for IFF anyway.
  10. Vortigon

Yet another large leap away from any chance of effective camo - COD kiddies you finally put the last nail in the coffin of realism. (it was half in already but they gave it a final thump!)