in game tested. GD7-F surpasses Jaguar, GD22 is great

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Catch23, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Catch23

I know both carbines very well, played them extensively.

The GD7 has its cof-bloom "trait" removed and is now no longer wasting bullets because of it and this makes it deadlier at all ranges. bursting it is no longer neccessary at shorter ranges than ist peers. Its only weakness is the DPM so you need to be good with your pistol. on the other side it has superior DPS which is the most important stat in the game because you can get more hits applied with more skill but you can never get more DPS out of a weapon.

the GD7 gets a new best attachment-option really, the foregrip. try it out

The Jaguar is still good but not great. the 0,75 recoil nerf is noticable while its DPS is on the low end of CQC carbs. If you use it, alwways go for the ALS and make sure to strafe. you have to make use of its DPM-Trait. if you want more range don't bother with the foregrip, instead pick the Trac-5 with a lasersight. try it out.

the GD-22 is really, really good now, especially compared to other LMGs. you can easily afford the laser which still gives it enough hip fire accuracy when you really need it at 0-8 m and ADSing is even better now than it used to be. great gun. I would pick it over any other LMG now.

All in all, NC has the now best CQC carbine (GD-7), the imo best SMG (Blitz) and definately one of the best LMGs in the game.

lighten up NC

P.S.: I keep my NWA on my TR LA and go for the ASC on the NC LA to level out the specific weaknesses. so yes, variety is achieved imo
    • Up x 3
  2. Hibiki54

What are you talking about? The GD7F and GD22S have always been great guns.
    • Up x 3
  3. MurderBunneh

And it only took a year of being dead last in 90% of weapon classes to get here. And now look at all the whine threads from all the TR/VS kids.

TR/VS have a long long way to go before they have a right to cry. This is just a first step THIS is how drastic the changes needed to be we have been THIS ****** for a year.

Looks like the other guys get to L2P now and I get to farm them while they try.
    • Up x 5
  4. Catch23

the GD7 was really inferior to the Jaguar unless you are fine with getting one or two kills before dieing. but this discussion is obsolete now
  5. Kimble

Hey! What about the EM1?

Is it finally good? Or is GD22S still better?
  6. Catch23

I don't know. only write about stuff I really use. by looking at its numbers I'm not thrilled but thats just number crunching. try it out
  7. MurderBunneh

There are things they buffed/ignored that makes me call into question their data gathering/analyzing skills.

The buffing of the Razer Carbine NC I just can't fathom that it was under performing. I bought that gun a couple days ago and it was clearly the best mid/long range carbine I have used. Small buffs to the AC a gun that many people have trouble using. the SAW was made harder to use for new players? I just don't get it. They find a way to not nerf the SVA88? Really? I thought that and the TAR were the secret targets for that .75 nerf. But the best all around LMG in the game basically goes unnerfed? Hmmm does not compute.

Remember when Jimmy was telling us flinch was going no where and that it was fine and fair? Ya devs how did that work out for you?

Saw needs to not be the default LMG or it needs to have friendlier recoil and recoil animation. Also the HVA on the SAW ruins it with immensely increased recoil. But I try HVA on the EM6 and can't even notice the difference. Why do you hate the 200 damage weapons so much? Why must they be so hard to use?
  8. teks

Good to hear. that bloom was intended for high damage slow ROF guns, and was undeserved. I'm scared of your new toy.
  9. Catch23

well you cant have everything. the SVA-88 never really appealed to me personally because of its muzzle Flash which is more blinding than on other guns. thats a matter of taste and playstyle tho.

The ACX was the first gun i certed out in PS2 and it was always a bad gun. not enuff velocity and too much vertical recoil for its intended role. it could only be good if it was better with headshots but vertical recoil is hindering that.
    Some people (want to) love it but I think they simply love the playstyle thats its build for rather than the gun itself.

hey, all factions have crappy stuff. try to look at the good gear and not at the sub-par options you get with your faction.
  10. Catch23

I play TR now. competition welcome
  11. hansgrosse

The EM1 was already good, but I expect it to be even better now! :D
  12. RobotNinja

Great for NC but subpar in comparison to VS and TR faction defaults.
  13. Kimble

Is the lynx better than the gd7f? Is that its direct clone on tr?
  14. Epic High Five

The GD-22S is friggin incredible now. It's 100 certs, pinpoint accurate, and incredibly forgiving on the move. Did I mention it's only 100 certs? I'm racing to get the last ~250 kills for my EM6 aurax and then I'm really looking forward to spending some time with the 22S - something I never thought I'd be saying.

The Razor, well, the Razor was my favorite carbine in the game. With grip and comp, you could do relatively long bursts and not miss a single round out to 30m or so. Easily controlled recoil, good velocity, and good damage dropoff (for a carbine), it was easily my favorite carbine in the game.

And it was made more accurate with this patch, omg. For 250 certs this gun is right behind the MSW-R and GD-22S for best cert value now.

The Serpent is more or less the 7F clone. Serpent used to be superior in every way recoil-wise so you'd see it used a lot more, but now the 7F had its bloom/COF brought in line with other carbines and is pretty good now. It's a gun that blasts people down in a split second but has no staying power and a long reload.

Lynx is slower but with free exmags and 0.75x movespeed in ADS. Haven't used it myself so I couldn't comment any further than that.
  15. Catch23

(Sorry for taking refernece to myelf)

I was wrong. the Jag is not working anymore. Its not only inacurate at 30m+ its also inacurate in CQC although its the most acurate non-smg wep in the game by its numbers.

I did terribly with the Jag in over an hour playing (KDR 1) so I did more testing to find out if it was me or the gun and believe me or not, its the gun. lost duels when shooting first, enemies made it around the corner me gettting only an assist. stuff we all know, but it was such a drastic change that it made me suspicious.
    it feels like the shots are trailing your aim. like you are lagging.
    the Lynx is actually a bit better now (recoil pattern changed) than the Jag but its not good. try to swap it for the Jag if you already have it but don't buy it! neither is the burst yariant worth a dime, just saying.

there is one good carbine left, Trac5. it has tighter hipfire with standard laser than the Jaguar with a forgrip and its more acurate while adsing (with laser vs foregrip on the Jag!). It does lack soft point ammo (which IS useful in CQC) but is not victim of the .75 curse, which is most important.
    Its without a doubt the best TR carb now. and its free. don't waste your money

if you dont believe me, try this out:

Go to VR, walk down the stairs into vehicle bay. turn left. theres an NC toon standing to the right of a Vanguard at 104 m.

Try to drop this guy with an ALS GD7-F and with a foregriped Jaguar or Lynx. make sure to get used to the recoil patterns first to get more reliebale results.
    also you might want to take into consideration that this is at minimum damage range for carbines which is 10% higher on the Jag. and the GD7-F has a huge CQC DPS advantage, so it shouldnt be more acurate at any distance - and most definately not at all ranges

@Devs: recoil drift was a really bad idea. We know you don't have time to play the game, thats ok. I wouldn't either if I was walking in your shoes. but you could listen better.
    • Up x 4
  16. Paperlamp

Do they have the updated detailed stats on a weapon data sheet somewhere?

I'd already pretty much switched from "maining" TR to NC for their weapons even pre-patch but now the choices are even harder on NC because they have so many viable and different options - AC-X11 vs Mercenary vs. GD-7F, Reaper DRM vs Gauss Rifle vs. Carnage BR: all significantly different but still strong, unlike the TR/VS selection which is mostly low damage bullet close range weapons and a few watered down NC guns or bland NS-like weapons for longer range.
  17. Xhaleon

I think the GD-22S reload speed buff is excessive. What about the Anchor? The former only gives up the advanced laser and a small amount of fire rate for a lot of other advantages, including price. It just seems to me like the Anchor is in a really bad place now without enough advantages to justify the price.

Damn SOE for buffing the things that I've only got auraxium on recently. At least I still have a ways to go with the GD-7F and Reaper.
  18. Aegie

ALL NC carbines were underperforming compared to the other faction counterparts (and had been for over a year). Razor was certainly the best in NC (IMO) but it was still outshinned by VS/TR counterparts. I did not realize that they buffed it though and while somewhat surprising, like I said, all NC carbines were dead last compared to the other faction equivalents so it does make some sense.
  19. Thpthpthp

I agree with the Jag change, it's meant to be a mobile carbine with a tight hipfire as a bridge between carbines and SMGs. That's exactly what it is now rather than the best for all situations as it was before. I'll still be using it personally.
  20. KnightCole

Yeah, really, the guns the NC are on about are not the GD22s.....its the NC6 Gauss SAW and it's recoil.......yet that got no attention this patch...hmm