Is there ANYTHING on VS that wasn't nerfed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by M. F. Gamesta, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Chipay

It's the most accurate hipfire LMG in the game atm ('cept for ES stuff like lasher ofcourse)
  2. Xasapis

That was happening before the changes on my servers. While some people look for good fights, a good portion merely look for easy ones.
  3. Prudentia

And so begins the reign of... well dunno, i guess the prowler got buffed so that could ruin everyones day.
  4. Chipay

I don't understand, VS is doing bad because ZOE is nerfed,
    but TR is doing fine even with the Prowler nerf, the Vulcan nerf, the Marauder nerf, the Striker nerf and the mossie nerf?

Your logic is flawed sir, VS is doing just as fine without ZOE.
  5. VSDerp

you gotta be that guy smh. well eradani was buffed
  6. icosta

I feel like im playing world of tanks. If this is the new planetside 2, SOE sorry my credit card will stay in my wallet and while your at it just get rid of Vanu because we're just a "3rd faction" as the 4th faction will just stay with NC and TR. Thanks for ruining a great game.

Honestly as a game designer... learn to update your game based on feedback, testing, and playing it yourself. Not based off numbers on an excel sheet.

^Yes rage but at this point I really don't care..
    • Up x 2
  7. Epic High Five

Infiltrator butts.

I did great today. Logged off with a 4 KDR and I was playing super aggressive.

Some NC guns are now really competitive now - I was wrecking stuff with the 22S and X11, and while I didn't use them as much the Reaper and Razor are also shaping up to be really good. I mean the Razor was already good but now it's GREAT.

Plus those damn crabmen are way easier to kill now that they don't have that ability that reduces their survivability :confused: The old tactic of "run up and dump 24 slugs into their head" is now as viable as ever
  8. JonboyX

Erm; just checking, but did you remember to spend your certs again on Nanoweave? :)

As I read the changes:

Guns are now all easier to handle for the most part.
    Hit boxes got a bit smaller <- probably why it might take us all a while to adjust.
    NW got a blanket nerf, whilst spam weapons (grenades and rockets) have had their spam-iness reduced to place more value on direct hits.
    OP toys got a shoe-ing. About time. OP max shotguns lasted about 6 weeks from being raised as a big issue (January) to being battered (February). They're still fairly good. So really, it's not been a bad run for ZOE/Vulcan/Marauder users, and they still don't sound terrible to me even in their post-tweak states.
    Infiltrator snipers got a stealth buff when it looked like being a nerf.

So... do any of the above apply to you?
  9. Alarox

I haven't lost a Lightning to a Harasser in a 1v1, ever. Front armor forward + AP + accurate aim = faster TTK against them.
  10. Peebuddy

Viper rounds on the lightning got a huge buff, those suckers hurt like crazy to a main battle tank now!
  11. DeadliestMoon

Really? Must be because it got the blanket LMG hip-fire nerf.

Lol. I love how people can just claim to be game designers on the internet. Also you must not be involved in the community a lot, are you?

If anything, shouldn't TR and VS be teaming up on NC or NC just dominating now? After all NC had to deal with Fractures, Marauders, Vulcans, Strikers, and ZOE.
  12. DeadliestMoon

13. Klypto

OMG ZOE ZOE WHERE ARE YOU?

EVERYTHING IS NERFED WITHOUT YOU. I NEED YOU BACK IN MY LIFE.
    • Up x 1
  14. Santondouah

More cries, whines, "I won't be able to easy farm anymore", "I will have to aim with weapons now", "I will need to compensate for gravity when shotting with my anchored Prowler", "NC is OP", "devs love NC" and "nerf Vanguard shield" threads please.

Moreover most of you did not even try the patch yet...
  15. icosta

@Deadliestmoon "Lol. I love how people can just claim to be game designers on the internet. Also you must not be involved in the community a lot, are you?"

Hmm Notice how NC are the ones talking all the trash.. and not one argument against this patch has been against the ZoE nerf. Yet you keep insisting that our whines are 100% contributed to the fact that our not overpowered ability has been dumbified but yet still useful. This patch was based off sheer numbers and data collected stated directly from the patch notes themselves and completely biased towards a business aspect as well. There was little thought or care to the player base. $ is all that matter and that's really a bummer.

1. Come out with new item. Buff Item. Everyone buys.

2. Nerf Item in later patch.

Im angry that this patch proved to me that Sony is no different than Blizzard.

Have fun being A-holes all over the forum and pretending you're all "bosses" now that your getting tons of kills. Why do you think that is? Because its completely unbalanced. Just wait till your nerf patch and youll soon be crying once again. That's how planetside 2 is... and its quite annoying by now.

Oh and btw I'm Certified C++, A+, Java, HTML 5, Graphic Design, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Unreal Engine, and the list goes on. Don't believe me? Really don't care while youre living in your moms basement. You're actually quite pathetic in your attempt to provide any solid info here besides your own personal gratification that in fact your faction is OP at the moment and your disrespect towards others trying to state theyre opinions on the patch is immature and a disgrace to this community. Bravo.
    • Up x 1
  16. Hiding in VR

I understand that Purple is performing at above expect levels.
  17. Bape

My session was a 3.8 I mostly get 4-6 daily it felt weird I don't know what it is I can't put my finger on it.
  18. Nogrim313

sshhhh it will just make the tears all the sweeter now that we all go back to charge and kinetic/flak, the tactics will stay the same we will just have 30% more armor now, i give it a week before they are asking for the guns to be nerfed

VS challenge - everyone play a charge Max as often as possible for the rest of December and if you can, equip the worst of our AI guns to boot, ZOE was scary more so because it actually got us fielding more than a few MAX's as opposed to the very seldom ones you saw before zoe. Higby said as much long ago, VS pulled the least amount of max's pre zoe and the most post and even then our max was out performing the other two so this will be interesting now that 90% of us have 30% more hp
    • Up x 2
  19. SilentGuns

The nerf was not that bad. Team Rocket is as terrible as ever , at least on woodman. No doubt they will come back demanding new nerfs for VS in no time.

I got a full refund on ZOE 5 and nanoweave armor and spent it on other stuff, I suggest you do the same. I spent my certs on upgrading my scythe.
    If you have not done it yet , invest in medic - max out your abilities and items and buy the NS-11A ( great gun ). The medic is one of the most powerful classes if played right, with the correct tools- many certs, many kills
  20. Epic High Five

Cosmos own and a VS MAX with them played just like an NC MAX (get close pop heads charge out). I think a lot of people noticed last night how much easier it is to HIT VS MAXes, as well as kill them.

They'll get pulled slightly less again is my prediction, because they wont be able to move like Usain Bolt. More importantly, they're going to be pulled less now because the tide of public opinion is very down on the VS MAX, which is still EXTREMELY deadly. ZOE was just a crutch that propped up bad players and made good ones immortal.

Did the FOV change for you, or your most commonly used guns change at all? It may have just been a down night, I know the server was hitching and acting weird for some people and some of the hexes got so stuffed during the Amerish alert that I had to pull a fatsuit so I could react in time to the culling that was going on. Also slugmaxes rule #SLUGLYFE