Resist Shield Refund???

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bilc0, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Bilc0

They changed the way it interacts with nanoweave which is a pretty big deal considering it takes a good 20 hours of cert grinding with boosts to get ~2500, most of which went towards fully upgrading a shield I have no plans on using since it does not interact at all with what is probably considered, for the better part of a year, the two main go to suit slots.

I honestly do not get why you and other people hop on here come to threads like these to tell people who try to maximize their effectiveness in the game to "l2p, it was OP and you knew it" when they have clearly better stats across the board than you and it is not our fault SOE decided down the road that they were not happy with how effective whatever it is they are changing.

Take your nonconstructive noise else where.
  2. RogueVindicare

I have been asking people this ALL DAY. Is there any kind of definitive confirmation from the PTS on this?
  3. Bindlestiff

If by balanced you mean crippled the movement to the point nobody pulled any until they fixed it - sure. There was lots of crying because it was broken. I'm not talking about not being able to climb to 1000 meters up a 90 degree cliff either. I'm talking driving along a straight road and coming up to a minor divot. There was a bit of a difference.
  4. csp0811

Oh man am I tired of hearing people begging for cert refunds for everything.
  5. koopa

remember that day that only magriders were able to cause damage to other tanks, leaving lightnings, prowlers and vangaurds to be literal useless vehicles? yeah....
  6. WTSherman

Considering that AFAIK this was already true for flak (NMG+Flak 5=ultimate minesweeper, 3200 EHP), I don't see why it wouldn't be true for Nanoweave.
  7. PanzerShrimp

People still crying about it lol.
  8. PanzerShrimp

The best part about that day was, the main cannon still fired just no projectile came out, meaning many didn't know they were shooting blanks until they ran into a Mag.
  9. Ronin Oni

Noobs

This is why I took munitions pouch. I lost nothing ;)

Damn FotM players
  10. Bindlestiff

Because as per usual on Forumside, there is so much hatred between factions that few actually see things objectively. The majority would much rather spew poisonous, debilitating nonsense - with no actual foundation to base their comments on - which ultimately and eventually results in everyones gear getting nerfed into the ground, rather than look for a balance.

Don't get me wrong, I've cheered no doubt numerous times when NC / TR specific items are brought down a peg or two, but revelling in a genuinely broken part of the game? Nah, that isn't for me. Unfortunately though the gaming generation of today (mostly) doesn't understand honour or sportsmanship, and wouldn't know about fairness if it smacked them in the face. It is all about the kill, the quickest, easiest way to get to the 'end game' with no thought as to the damage it could be causing to the game as a whole.

I'm not saying you are one of those, and I really didn't want to rehash the age old past, but your quote was out of context. The Magrider was rightly brought in line to not be a mountain goat, but it was massively crippled in the process. THAT is what most of the tears were about.
    • Up x 1
  11. Zazen

Cert refunds are nice, no doubt. But, realistically, certs are easy to come by in PS2 and they are infinite, you can earn them forever. I generally had everything I needed for all 3 faction characters by level 65 or so. So, it's not like cash, where it's finite and a refund is expected. Certs are an in-game resource that only takes normal gameplay to accumulate, unlike cash that you have to work for in real life..

So, I do sympathize with low playtime players that take weeks to accumulate ~1,000 certs for an item/ability. But, I can also understand why SOE doesn't feel the need to refund everybody everything they spent certs on, every time they change something.
  12. CL4p2p

Well don't get me wrong but I have to admit that these pi** me off a bit because of the massive change of Nanowave... I was a nanowave user on my HA , I don't that automatically make me noob , but yeah the fact now it is totally different in the way it work make me sad because I don't really know what I can do know.

I don't give a F of certs, it's just cybermoney you earn trough hour... it's not a big deal.... I mean we are here to play so that give me more hour to play, yes not in a good condition and good way, but I will not cry about that...

I'm really more worried about how these mecanics will works now and what am I suppose to cert considering the playstyle I want than my certs... And finding "good" player (high skill in game's knowledge ) is not easy...I don't think Wrell will have the time to waste an hour or so to explain me how it work now and what shouls I do....
  13. ViXeN

ok could someone actually explain HOW it changed the way nanoweave and resist shield interact? Everyone says it changed but no one explains what they mean. How is Resist suddenly bad to use with nanoweave?
  14. RobotNinja

That's just the tip of the iceberg. I have thousands of certs and SC invested in both abilities and weapons SOE in their graciousness has made pretty much worthless.
  15. janeTEXAS

Nanoweave -25% resist
    Resist - 45%

Before update +/- 70 % resist because both stacked. Now they don't stack, as soon as you activate resist shield the Nanoweave effect is gone. Same works with Flak armor i think. Some people say that NMG stacks with nanoweave but lets wait and research more. Dont waste your certs, wait for the next days.
  16. WTSherman

Well like I said, a lot of it depends on if the new NW stacks with NMG (the stock shield). Which by all indications it should. So there's a few things you can do.

1: Equip Flak and Resist. Flak will protect you against random explosives and incoming vehicle shells, which you aren't likely to see soon enough to pop shield for. Resist shield will give you almost as much survivability as NW+NMG combined, as long as you are able to activate it before you start taking hits. A fairly well-rounded build, slightly more oriented to fighting vehicles than infantry and vulnerable to things like shotguns and SMG infiltrators.

2: Equip NW and NMG/Adrenaline. NW will buy you time to pop shield when you start getting shot, then further increase the amount of protection your shield grants you. You'll have slightly higher EHP vs small arms than Resist Shield, plus more room for error as NMG offers the same protection no matter how low your health is when you activate it. However, you will be more vulnerable to mines and random explosives and NMG's 600 shield points won't be enough to save you from stronger vehicle weapons even if you see them coming.

3: Equip flak and NMG/Adrenaline. Become extremely resistant to any explosive weapon (flak will give you 3200 EHP against explosives when NMG is activated), clear mines with your face. Extremely vulnerable to bullets.

4: Consider one of the non-resistance suit slots, plus resist shield. Since, as mentioned, resist shield is *almost* as good as NW+NMG in most situations and grants almost the same resistance as flak, so long as it's activated in time. Risky, but you might find a use for ASC or extra rockets.

Edit: There's probably some experienced players who disagree with me, but since Resist Shield gives you its full resistance at level 1 I would recommend running Resist 1/Flak or Resist 1/utility until you get NW at least to level 4. Or, if it ends up maxing at 25% as some people here have said, whichever level it crosses 12%. Because before 12% NW, Resist Shield grants more protection against small arms fire than NW+NMG while also giving equal protection against explosives. After that, pick whatever fits your play style better.
  17. Xeenos

I think im still owed a refund on the Enforcer ML.. Pretty sure going from what it was to what it is now was a pretty fundamental change. Though i still use it, it would have been nice to have the option to change.
  18. janeTEXAS

Point number 2. The problem is that with the current NW changes if the enemy drops 1-2 fast headshots you may have no time to put the NMG in a effective way.

Maybe Resist Shield + Flak armor even for infantry fights is better because of random grenades, rocket launcher splash. Dunno, its very situational now.
  19. CL4p2p

Well this is the question I ask page 1 , and apparently health bonus and resist bonus work together, but resist + resist only the better work.
    So with RS and oldNano you have +250 health + 50% resistance , so "basically" +375 health
    But with RS and newNano you have just +50% resistance if RS activate , and +25 if OFF... so only +50 health... It's not a huge big deal considering that you can play without nano , but when you usually do, you will notice it... and when your gameplay is based on this (the fact that you are a "tank" class...to take Rpg vocabulary... ) well it suxx...
  20. ViXeN

What the heck... Okay that is officially stupid. :eek: I use adren myself so it doesn't bother me, I was just curious. I don't want to recommend Resist to new people anymore if its not worth it.