Best VS LMG to rock a Suppressor?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Negator, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Negator

So i've got quite a bit of time with my HA. Aurax on all the LMGs. I'd like to know if there is any secret to VS LMG's and Suppressors, IE: any weapons they combo with particularly well due to how the suppressor alters a weapons characteristics.

So far I'm fairly happy with the Flare + grip + HVA. Feels like i have enough damage per magazine to really go to town on flanks, the HVA/167 base damage makes it feel more dangerous then a 143 without HVA at medium range, and it sounds freakin cool.

Educated opinions?
  2. vsae

Supressor lowers bullet velocity and increases drop off. the latter isnt the case for the Vanu.
    As for choosing LMG on basis of equipping supressor, sounds a bit absurd isnt it?
    Imo, supressors are meant for CQB to midrange LMGs not to Longrange ones like Ursa or Flare as you lose precious bullet speed that you need so much in order to lead less.
    So, Orion, SVA, Polaris?,
  3. Posse

Orion or SVA, I don't like to use suppressors though.
  4. Erendil

Ursa.

It's the most accurate VS LMG and it has the highest Muzzle Velocity (640m/s) so even with a suppressor you can still make pretty long range kills with it. It also has the lowest FSM (1.5x, tied w/ SVA-88) so you won't miss not being able to use a compensator, even if you equip HVA and esp during burst fire.
  5. Jovisfulmen

With a suppressor the projectile velocity of the Ursa drop from 640m/s to 384m/s which is very low for any long range shot against a moving target. It reduces a bit the purpose of the weapon.

Better equip the suppressor in close combat where the velocity won't hurt, use it with Orion, or maybe with SVA-88 the HV ammo will help to reduce the velocity loss and keep the weapon usable at mid-range.
  6. MrEclectic

No, it doesn't. A suppressor reduces muzzle velocity by 10%, so it's 576m/s. Still respectable.

The main downside of the suppressor though is that it also decreases the maximum damage range by 5m, IIRC. HVA extends minimum damage range by 5m (or 10m, cannot recall), so it eases off the drop off curve somewhat, especially mid-range.
  7. Jovisfulmen

IIRC it reduces projectile velocity by 20% for smg's, 35% for carbines and 40% for anything else.
  8. MrEclectic

I stand corrected if it's so. And, wow, that is dramatic!
  9. Erendil

I looked around and found this in the GU08 patch notes:

Suppressor
    • Carbines: These now slow the projectile by 35%, instead of the previous 40%.
    • SMGs: These now slow the projectile by 20%, increased from 18%.
    So that seems to support your percentages.

Nevertheless my statement still stands. You can kill people quite readily at long range with an accurate bullet hose like the Ursa if it's equipped w/ a suppressor. No bullet drop really helps, so if they're moving you just have to increase your lead time a bit.

More to the point though, if you're using a suppressor, presumably you're trying to be stealthy so you'll want to choose your targets wisely. So don't fire at someone moving erratically at 100m and you'll be fine! :cool:
  10. TheTreeness

Didn't you state earlier this year that the Flare was one of the worst VS LMGs?
    If not disregard this message, probably mistaking you for someone else.