Why some things get refunded and some don't?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OldMaster80, Dec 17, 2013.

1. OldMaster80

The upcoming patch will refund some things that have been balanced. I don't get why in some cases players get refunded and in some cases they don't.
    Personally I think SOE should never give certs back: it's part of the game to accept weapon stats can change and if you use something that's performing very well you have to know it might be "tuned" in the future.

Those who have used OP stuff in the last 6 months farmed tons of certs while screwing gameplay to others and now they'll be also refunded.

Well I want back the SC I've spent for the Jaguar that SOE nerfed 1 week later, and the same for the M40-Fury I had bought for my Flash. :mad:
  2. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Wait I thought they said only nano will be refunded.

zoe is too?
  3. vsae

Indeed
  4. Teegeeack

It's a good point. Nanoweave should not be refunded.
  5. Clay

it is still more useful than charge. also most players hand only ZOE rank 1.
  6. DirtyRoger

Because players who really like VS are very few, the most of the vanus are 4th factioners. SOE knows it and is trying to prevent underpopulation. Will fail.
  7. Clay

hahahaha. nice try TR
  8. Bape

That BS I want a refund for my aegis shield 5 then 2300 cert down the drain.
  9. Kulantan

They refund certs when the operation of the thing changes totally and when it wasn't SC purchasable. Nano changing to a resist and ZOE getting a timer qualify as huge redesigns.
  10. Kanil

Meanwhile my Harasser got turned into a MAX taxi, and I'm getting zero certs back for that.

Nanoweave, I can kind of understand... but did ZOE really need a refund?
  11. eldarfalcongravtank

i'd like to have my reload speed of 2250certs refunded on my Magrider HEAT cannon since that one is surprisingly getting double-nerfed by both a damage reduction and the infantry flak-armor buff
  12. SilentGuns

I have had the chance to farm with ZOE since its release , earning back its cost several times over. Even enough certs so that I do not have to care about any other items being nerfed / not being refunded.

I win regardless of what SOE does, so I really do not care if they don't refund it. Sucks for those poor fools who only recently invested in all of this stuff.
  13. Copasetic

Either refund everything or nothing, any time you do something in the middle you're bound to piss people off. They did well sticking with the 'no refunds' policy, why change it now?
  14. Paulus

I don't think they should have changed their previous position of not refunding. It's in the T&Cs that they can change anything they like without any comebacks, I don't see why they needed to break from their accepted position. Frankly now that they have, Prowler drivers and anyone who has put certs into harassers will be left wondering why the VS get special treatment.
  15. Kunavi

They need to throw us a full 1-Time ReCert for 500 SC, any limitation accepted(1 Soldier ETC ETC). I'd take it right away and use it. It would give me all I need to have, ever, at this point. Will that stop me from paying or playing? Nope. I sat through all these population problems still troubling us, I sat through the ZOE, the Harasser, solo Lib pilots, C4 abuse by LA pixies, UBGL Skillz0rz, MLG influence, LOLPod Domination, Server Lag, ENDLESS lost Alerts to VS, AV MANA Turret, poor performance, RoadMap cancellations.

You think I won't stay just because I got all the toys? Ain't happening unless there's solid evidence they don't care about population issues.

Throw the dog a bone will you SOE? I'm a paying customer and I've thrown $$ at your Shop, even if I weren't I'd feel the same way, but I am. So what's up with this stupid teasing by giving ZOE Certs back, NW Certs back, ETC ETC? Do it RIGHT if you want to do it!
  16. Tommyp2006

Because they only refund cert lines, and not weapons, when they are fundamentally changed
  17. KAHR-Alpha

I don't see any Aegis change, why would you want a refund? o_O
  18. Bape

Because charge is better? My max K/d before aegis was 2.5 now guess what the K/D now? 0.8 it dropped hard because aegis get u killed rather protecting you.

Why I want a refund? TR/NC has 2 **** max abilities and getting owned by ZOE for 6 month but VS get a refund for something OP but TR/NC don't get a refund for getting 6 month of zoe mania ?

You remember those stats that higby put up of stats of who uses the what the most? Remember lockdown and aegis 5 being at 5%? I promise you if they issue a refund that 5% will drop to 0-1%.