48 v 48 fights are poisonous to the game as they currently are.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Angry Scientist, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Alarox

OP isn't saying "remove 48 vs 48 fights". He's saying rework the bases to accommodate those fights to avoid the clown car syndrome this game tends to suffer from.
    • Up x 1
  2. Yuukikun

what's intellectual in comparing a MMOFPS to real life? lmao
  3. TheFamilyGhost

So you have no way to prove that what you want is not fully self-serving.
  4. TheFamilyGhost

The players can do it themselves.

Leave the devs alone and let them make good stuff instead of engineered batttlefields for people that will never be satisfied. The endless chasing of the tail has to end.
  5. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

I like the challenge of beating the farm in the bio labs. My only problem is half the medics and engis on NC connery will run right by you and not help !! So many times i get a max and no engi near me , all to run into another max with a engi tool on him keeping him going !! Or best one so far is, im a engi trying to fix a max and he runs away !!LOL
  6. Yuukikun

I'm not here to talk about the OP, i'm just saying you trying to argue with a comparison to real life is completely irrelevent
  7. Gustavo M

You see, I was gonna write a big explanation regarding this same issue, but I'll just shorten it in a small phrase:

Current TTK is way too short for a game where you can be easily outnumbered. It feels broken, and dull... like they balanced this game thinking in a 1v1 confrontation instead of a large scale one.

Feel free to call me a old geezer, a "baddie", etc, similars, but that's my point of view regarding this.
    • Up x 1
  8. Vaphell

Didn't they engineer the battlefields in the first place? This game reeks of design by committee and it's obvious that with very few exceptions bases follow the same bulletpoint list because they don't make any sense
    - hills, there must be hills because they are pretty and we want sieges with tanks shooting down even at the top floors of towers and big spawns to be possible, leaving defenders not a single relatively safe vantage point
    - by logical extension of the point above, the base must be in a hole instead of dominating its neighborhood like the proper military structure would do (granted, outposts are not military structures, but then nobody in his right mind would bother incorporating them into lattice as they are utterly indefensible, but towers clearly are of military origin and they are in holes the same)
    - defenders need to be easy to contain in their only safe spot
    - defensive turrets can't be too powerful so they need to have their arcs limited and view obstructed by trees and rocks to reduce their usefulness
    - huge almost unclimbable rock for cheese somewhere in vicinity, we want unortodox tactics exploiting beacons to be possible and there is something for LAs to do

No, players can't remodel bases to make more sense by adding more buldings to spread the pop around and valid defensive points on their own or by moving bases from valleys where they are surrounded by tank parking lots aka hills and mountains with a perfect view on the whole facility. In prime time the lattice will pile up many bodies there and there is no way around it, you will have 100+ men battles in the ****tiest of outposts if the lattice tells you it's where you take a leak.
    • Up x 1
  9. Nocturnal7x

I agree to some extent. A lot of bases do not handle a lot of people well. I love towers, but depends on the situation. If its 2 platoons of infatry v 2 platoons of infantry I think its ok. Throw tanks and air shelling everything with 4 platoons its a little stupid. Smaller outposts are way worse. Tech plants an amp stations could use more cover, but they are pretty good no matter the size of the fight.

That said I tend to enjoy 48v48 more than 48+v48+
  10. Gendomaoken

I agreed with OP. I believe the whole bases concept is flawed. Havent humans been on auraxis for centuries? Where are towns, cities, any URBAN enviroment, that would stop tanks colums, that would provide proper place for infantry fights? What we have instead are few houses with tower and flag. Theres few bit bigger outposts, tech plants and amp stations, but seriously? It looks like humans barely landed here and started figting instead of colonising planet at first... Game lore states clearly, that humans landed on auraxis few hundreds years ago, and that first centuries were times of relative peace... So where are towns, real settlements, any proof that humans ACTUALLY LIVED THERE?
    None.
    • Up x 1
  11. MajiinBuu

I disagree. There is nothing wrong with any of the bases(at least nothing game-changing). If you think all bases suck but tech plants are good, quit complaining and fight at a tech plant
  12. Gendomaoken

So, you mean that desert-alike look of auraxis is fine, and we need no urban enviroment for some real fighting, instead amp stations and tech plants should be main gathering points? Did you even think before posting this answer?
    Tech plants are only bases that can provide any fun fight for big forces. It gets crowded in amp stations tho, and Biolabs are friggin horror and farmfest.
    All i ask is, why do we fight for a wasteland? Do you not wish to fight in a towns, cities? Do you like storming few houses with 24+?
    Lastly, do you enjoy BioFest?
  13. Xeenos

Ive always felt it was rather odd that 3 shacks on the *** end of a multi hex zone, control the whole thing. Some of these areas have lots of other interesting little bits to them. Like radio equipment or water pumps or defensive structure or something. If an area is 3 haxes, why are all the cap points in 1 hex? If i could have it my way id like to see the cap points spread out across the zone more, one in the buildings, one on the high ground, one at a choke point?

Something like that.
    • Up x 1
  14. JackD

I agree, throwing 100/100 in a tower that is designed for a 24/24 fight isnt very fun.
  15. NovaAustralis

You mean something like this?:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ach-to-the-capture-of-main-facilities.156062/
  16. Copperhead

Totally agree OP. With the current set-up, it is mindlessly zerging one point in a hex and it gets dull fast. The capture points need to be spread out to disperse the fight. Currently in any zerg it's a straight line to the main building with very little thought for setting up in advantageous positions, I can only speak from my time on Woodman NC but seeing a tank zerg follow the road to the next base without a care for what's on their flanks is quite sad.

I think if they added some more objectives like being able to capture the bases ammo tower(only one I can think of at the minute) it could lead to better combined arms play. Really not a fan of the current focus on segregating infantry and vehicle gameplay. Some of my favourite moments have been, being part of an infantry charge with tank support assaulting a base.(which I feel there is not enough of.)

If they had gone this route instead of adding lattice (Still prefer lattice over what we used to have.), I feel the game would be in a better place. It would have been a better way of deterring ghost capping. It could also possibly lead to less spamming of tanks at the spawn room to actually force a fight.
  17. ArcKnight

as long as its only vehicles its awesome if there's even one class with AV then everyone should go after him/her
  18. ArcKnight

as long as there isn't a horde of strikers/phoenixes behind the spawn room shield ;)
  19. ArcKnight

cities exist only in the home continent of each faction, the rest of the planet is a battle ground built for full on pulse pounding action Micheal Bay style