Whats the point in playing VS?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Believeinsteve, Dec 14, 2013.

1. xArchAngelx

Every Faction is going to say that their stuff is subpar to the others. Hell, I think lockdown is the dumbest thing next to the OP trees. The only thing is you have to play to the strengths of each.

I know a lot of people are calling the up coming velocity nerf for the deployed prowler, "Justified". But they have to remember, we are sitting ducks in deployed mode. I for one have died many a times from aircraft, turrets, launchers, and others while being deployed, but I don't call for the nerf of everything else.

I don't want to use the whole "L2P n00b" line like so many others. The best thing I can say is practice in the VR or just play as often as you can in a tank. Instead of crying ZOMGNERFEVERYTHING, figure out where you went wrong. 99% of any death issue is situational UN-awareness.
  2. ValorousBob

Wow, so bad. Any VS who think our faction sucks need to eith34 L2P or leave and go be a scrub on TR/NC.
  3. Metal Insomniac

Currently, the "weakest faction" is NC. However, the devs are finally bringing us up to par with everyone else. At least, that's how it appears. You really have nothing to complain about. Don't get me wrong, TR has always had it the easiest since day 1, but you have no idea what "weak" is until you've played N in its current state. Especially our MAX.

Now stop wasting forum space with these senseless posts. Thanks.
  4. janeTEXAS

VS Maxes still do pretty well with dual Blueshift.
  5. dciz2legit

U mean everybody else is getting nerfed to NC level, u know kinda what devs have to do to xb1 games.
  6. Xeenos

Ya but the huge clip size and its splash effect makes it a very one of a kind weapon that actually offers a viable suppression tool. Shoot it at the doorway or a window and people will likely stop poking around that window. In straight up killing power it might lack, but its utility appeals to me.
  7. Verenz

I guess I will give a rundown of the original topic:

1. Best LMG's definetely, the category is pretty well balanced but VS are definitely ahead with the SVA-88 and Orion. Not only are the guns kick *** in general but they are also the only 0.75 ADS lmg's outside of NS (and that one is utter trash) - there's a reason to play VS right there.

2. Probably the best ESF across all levels of play. Let's break this down, for "difficulty to hit" the Scythe relies on a very slim profile, the reaver relies on fast reverse thrust velocity and the mossie is in-between - this is simplifying things a lot but my point is you don't have to do anything in order to benefit from a slim outline, you just need to learn how to fight in hover mode (if you can't then you are not a PS2 pilot yet).
    The reaver relies the most on timed AB bursts to change direction and break an opponents lead, whilst the mossie does have the advantage of not being "bad" from any angle it is noticeably easier to hit than the scythe from the front (as a reaver 95% of the time pilot). I am already at a stage where a pilot who keeps losing his orientation (or my position relative to him) is going to get destroyed in short order, so basically if the guy has a chance against me skill-level wise then he is much harder to hit in a scythe through no extra effort of his own.
    For gun ease-of-use the scythe has no drop and requires the least amount of lead whilst the mossie requires normal leading but has a lot of time to get it on target, the reaver requires normal leading distance but with noticeably less time to get on target than even the scythe (magazine is dry a lot faster because of the higher DPS).
    Basically the reaver likes to be close to offset the aiming difficulty of the gun whilst also enhancing the effectiveness of speed based evasiveness (you travel faster on your opponents screen the closer you are).
    The Scythe likes to be far away to benefit from the easier gun aim as well as the slimmer profile which is also enhanced by increased distance due to bullet spread.
    The mossie is more flexible and will generally want to engage reavers at range and scythes up close.
    The scythe is clearly at the very least easier to fly than the reaver, as for whether it is better or not in the hands of an mlg pro is basically irrelevant because most people (including myself) will never get to the stage where we are being physically restricted by our airframe as opposed to skill.
    You have one aircraft which is hard to learn, hard to master but has theoretically the highest skill ceiling because of the gun DPS, however for mere humans even in the top 1% the gun is not superior to the scythes - the reaver. One which is easier to learn and master but which is on about the same level once you hit top 20% pilot level (by which I mean majority of skilled but not god like pilots) - the scythe. And finally one which substantially out performs the other 2 if flown by a noobie with no concept of hover fighting against other noobies but which is also about averagely hard to learn and master as the other 2 as well as being basically on par in the end as well.

This is called an impossible balance situation to address but one which by sheer luck just happens to be sooooo influenced by the skill that the performance gaps are ignorable. That said the scythe is easier to fly.

3. Saron is a kick *** gun, PPA is actually quite good too.

4. The Max even in the total absence of ZOE is leagues better than the other 2, the blueshifts and comets are utterly insane.

5. ZOE, just fml, kill it with fire.

6. Lancer is easily my favourite AV weapon to use.

7. Serpent is the only non-TR carbine to be on par with the TR carbines (mercenary/razer are so nearly there but they aren't).

8. The lasher melts MAX's, NC/TR do not have an equivalent to this.

...imo
  8. Liquid23

unless the Devs figured out a way to go around and somehow give all the Terrans and Vanus down syndrome it's impossible to nerf us to the NC's level :D