Whats the point in playing VS?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Believeinsteve, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Believeinsteve

Ok so playstyle.

What are the playstyles of each faction?

I was under the impression

NC = High damage, low RoF, medium accuracy

TR = Low damage, High RoF, low accuracy

VS = medium damage, medium RoF, high accuracy

If we were playing a numbers game VS would be a winner, but this would look good on paper, except it doesn't perform well.

Is this playstyle I have here not accurate anymore?
  2. Kurohagane

Don't fall for the troll guys. Pull off a Daddy on this one.
    inb4 "lel u mad raeg" from op
    • Up x 4
  3. Believeinsteve

Ok, so obviously VS is full of trolls. You would be no better than me, because you can't provide a factual answer. Even with your shiny BR: 66...

Lets hear it big man, why do you play VS?
  4. WyrdHarper

VS MAX weapons are a damage tier above their TR counterparts with better range and similar ROF, and much more functional than those of NC due to range. Their infantry weapons have higher damage options than TR, and higher ROF options, and higher ROF than NC, which is one of the most important aspects in ttk. They are very effective weapons with a lot going for them.
    • Up x 3
  5. Shadowyc

Currently, for ZOE, it can sprint faster than infantry can. It can also kill people faster than the human reaction time can keep up, similar to an NC MAX near a door, but with the added benefit of being much farther away than a door. While they take more damage...this can be rectified easily by turning it off before something hits, then turning it right back on.

As for why you should keep playing VS; why not? No reason to stop. No reason to continue. Just do whatever, who gives a ****?

Nope! VS only get no bullet drop on semi-auto sniper rifles, maybe shotguns (Never used them), and I think a few types of RPGs. Probably not on that.
  6. Believeinsteve

Ok so I understand

VS > Others in faction wars

But I don't play max's often. I'm more than usual a combat medic & occasionally an engineer. I play the support classes with niche roles.

How do these compare to the other factions?
  7. Kurohagane

I KNEW IT
    inb4 "invalid reply, leave thread plz"
    • Up x 3
  8. Shadowyc

They're as good as any other.
  9. Xeenos

The VS do rather well, i expect your issue is just needing to, sorry to say, learn to play. If one person is laying out half your squad, then you guys are bunched up to much, bunching up leads to shooting each other as each person tries to avoid fire. Try to use cover more, don't take cover after you've been hit, but rather take cover when you are being shot at. The way the game works a lot of times you will die if you duck down after you are hit, as there is a slight delay. Try to approach targets from unexpected places, flanks and such, if you can't win a head on fight with another more experienced player, then don't try. I also found that once i put on Nanoweave i started to win a lot more gunfights, where as id lose them by 'just a bit' before. So maybe give that a try. Make sure you have the right upgrades for the gun you use, a good ADS gun does not need laser for example. Test out things like soft point and the various gun upgrades.

As a NC player, the one thing VS have (That comes to mind, besides style) that i would want, is the Lasher. It is just a great tool, and looks awesome. Id not trade you the Jackhammer for it though! :p
  10. Believeinsteve

Woopee

I guess my question was vague, but so was your answer.

The weapons can't perform exactly the same as other factions.

So lets go into detail here?
  11. Believeinsteve

I've heard lasher is horrible, isn't it a heavy assault weapon only as well?
  12. Shadowyc

Why bother with the details? The Medic and Engineer tools function as well as the NC and TR.
    As I stated, do whatever you want. No one really cares what you do. Just do whatever seems like a good idea.
  13. Necron

Apparently you have never player VS... no bullet drop on every gun except BASR.
    • Up x 2
  14. Klondik3

Reason to play VS? Indar Northern Warpgate.
  15. Shadowyc

I was usually too close for bullet drop to matter to any faction. lol
  16. Liquid23

you must love knife fighting range cause with some of the ballistics in this game at 65 meters you can aim for the head and the round hits them in the crotch... lol
    • Up x 1
  17. Liberty

First, lol.

Second : Orion, SVA-88, HV-45, Serpent, VX6-7 and Solstice VE3 are all amazing weapons.

Third : ZOE MAX was / is probably the most broken one sided (empire) thing in the game currently.

TR comes out ahead in the AI vehicle farming department thanks to Lockdown HE prowlers shelling spawn rooms, the marauder, and the overall synergy between empire specific harasser weapons and the harasser play style.
    • Up x 2
  18. Nocturnal7x

VS are black so no one can see them at night or in shadows. Also the guns are super effective and super easy to use.
    • Up x 1
  19. WaaWaa

When you take a look at all the threads about imbalance, you will see the majority are NC and with good reason.

So yea good try buddy.
  20. Owleyes

There's reason to play all of the factions, It's fun.

There you go, a good reason to play VS, It's fun.

/EndCrybabyneedOPstuffInternetKidsTheseDaysSheeshThread