Lc3 Jaquar

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by thederpi, Dec 14, 2013.

1. thederpi

If it goes live the way it is, im gonna find another game to play. what do you think about the jaq on PTS?
    • Up x 1
  2. Nocturn0l

What's it your concerned about?
  3. chrollo

I love the NC version of the jag (carnage br) and it if is any indication then the recoil patter is completely messed and the hipfire is terrible. :( i really dont understand this as the guns dps is medium tier. There are plenty of people with weapons that have a higher dps so why do these guns need to be double nerfed :(
  4. KodiakX

The NC version of the Lynx/Jaguar is the GD-7F. The TR version of the GR-22/Carnage is the TRV/TAR.

You need to compare Carbines to Carbines and Assault Rifles to Assault Rifles.

As to why they are getting nerfed, SOE balances everything in this game with a simple pattern: How often does something get used. If an item is used a lot, it's probably one of the better options in that type of weapons. This leads to all the stats on it being high, such as most XP/Minute, most usage, most kills, etc. So all the data they pull show them that this is the clear winner of weapons. This also serves another function, driving customers to find new weapons constantly after the old ones are "rebalanced" (aka: ruined)...oh did they mention there was sale coming up to get a new weapon with? (hah hah hah...)

TR has experienced this for a very long time with their LMG options where every good LMG option was systematically nerfed over and over to the point all the options are bad ones and you just gotta try to find the least worst option for you. They've also done this with other categories such as ScatterMAXes and other various examples.

Many people either have joined since their last big balance changes and don't know this is how they do game balance or have forgot because they spent so long optimizing the game.
    • Up x 1
  5. chrollo

actually i compare them because the carnage is big brother to the jag, same ads, advanced laser sight, same hip fire, and same hip fire stats i believe. However in exchange for soft point ammo, and only being usable as a medic, the carnage gets advanced forward grip and higher muzzle velocity, along with some better ads stats.
  6. KodiakX

Actually the TAR and Carnage are comparable just like the GR-22 and TRV are comparable. All with similar style stats and options.

VS have similar high ROF assault rifles as well but don't know their names off the top of my head.
  7. Verenz

Lets be honest, the jaguar and carnage are extremely powerful weapons on live with neither having a single meaningful downside.

A carnage with a adv foregrip has basically no recoil, good dps, good hipfire, 0.75 ads, accurate when strafing, high damage at range.
    Only the TAR is really on the same level, and that's mostly down to the 40 round mag, the gun is nowhere near as versatile.

The Jaguar with a adv laser is actually just insane for a carbine, TR carbines are already better than NC/VS but the jaguar is on another level. For how powerful that gun is at CQC (40 rounds, godly hipfire, high dps) it is way too strong at range (mostly due to not losing the extra damage that 800 rpm guns lose). Only the serpent may be able to compete due it having basically no recoil for no apparent reason, GD-7F and VX-67 are massively inferior.
    Carbine balance is easily the worst small arms category (LMG balance is great with a little edge to vanu, again caused by 0.75 superiority, TR/NC are very even on assault rifles with VS a bit behind) with TR>VS>NC being painfully obvious. The TR traits are much more important on carbines (especialy 40 rounds), whilst the NC ones are not (especially stationary accuracy). So a nerf to all TR carbines would be in order imo, or alternatively go for diversity and give NC superior AR's and VS lmg's and try it that way.

Overall though I can understand a 0.75 gun nerf, my current top 5 gun list for each faction would be something like:

TR
    1. Jaguar.
    2. TAR.
    3. Lynx.
    4. Tier 2 SMG.
    5. T1 Cycler.

NC
    1. Carnage.
    2. Tier 2 SMG.
    3. GR-22.
    4. Anchor.
    5. Gauss Rifle.

VS
    1. SVA-88.
    2. Serpent.
    3. Orion.
    4. Tier 2 SMG.
    5. HV-45.

15 weapons and only 4 are not 0.75. The Jag and Carnage could also use additional nerfs, the carnage is my 2'nd fav gun however so don't get too carried away please :).
  8. Larington

Higby's tweets on perceived (popularity) versus actual (score per minute) gun effectiveness seem relevant here (From about 4 days ago) https://twitter.com/mhigby :

(Just to be clear I'm not sure I'm really trying to say anything with these, except that someone mentioned perceived gun effectiveness (For one thing, the smaller the % number of users, the greater the likelihood there's a statistical outlier that's really really good skewing the SPM number) )

I found these interesting, for instance, people often told me that the Jackhammer is really really rubbish, but that wasn't my experience (Mainly because I would grab it for tower fights and leave it in the locker the rest of the time).

Light Assault:
    [IMG]

Heavy Assault:
    [IMG]

Infiltrator:
    [IMG]

Medics:
    [IMG]
  9. KodiakX

What I found most impressive by that is the huge number of people who use the Jaugar but the low over all SPM with it.

But nothing new here. They always seem to nerf the highest used weapons regardless of any other reason.
  10. lyravega

Very sharp drops in VS weapon usage (at least on HA and Med), anyone else noticed? Same goes for some TR and NS stuff aswell. Signals something.
  11. Larington

It's more that word gets around that a particular gun is 'best' and the people who can't be bothered going to VR training to see which weapon feels best for them go to the choice everyone else says is best, who then say it's the best because why would they say they've made a bad choice? Becomes a cycle that reinforces itself.
  12. TheBuddha

I don't know about u guys, but almost every class i play has 3-4 different unique gun load outs. I find generally, that guns aren't better or worse, just useful for different things. Almost every gun has a niche, granted some niches are a bit too specific to be really useful.
    • Up x 1
  13. Jester7x

Its ok guys soe will just nerf the best guns instead of bringing up the damage/rpm/velocity of underused guns.
  14. Gav7x

Plz dont nerf me jaguar and me carnage
  15. Phos!

No one has pointed out that the BR100 TR medics are underperforming by roughly 20 points. I also notice the cyclone overperforming basically everywhere.

Oh, and the chaingun is outperformed by the Lasher. Yeah. That's how bad it is.
    On the Vanu HA, Keep in mind that pre nerf, the SVA-88 not only didn't have a downside, it didn't have a side that wasn't an upside. Second highest DPS class, low horizontal recoil, low first shot recoil, .75 ADS speed, fairly big magazine, super fast reload, and like all vanu LMGs, is arbitrarily better at hip firing.

I can't account for medics though. I wanna say the top used weapon is their CQC option, and all their other options are basically different versions of the same mid range AR, so it's the go to weapon for indoors.
  16. Sian

Keep in mind that the Lasher pretty much only gets equipped when the meatgrinder light is ON, as it's pretty useless otherwise. Meanwhile I see TR HA's running around with chainguns all the time. That has to impact the average SPM. Lasher equip % is only around 8%, compared to the Chaingun's near 13%. It tells me that the chaingun gets equipped as a general purpose weapon, while the Lasher only comes out when conditions are met for it to really work.
  17. Phos!

All that means is the Lasher has a use where it's actually desirable. MCG does not.
    • Up x 1