AF-19 Mercenary w/ Laser and Suppressor

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ThaFreeJ, Dec 13, 2013.

1. ThaFreeJ

2. Ned

Sure, just bear in mind that the suppressor will knock off quite a bit of your weapons ability to do damage at range since you get more damage drop off and a lower bullet velocity, the Mercenary is a very controllable and good well rounded gun, if you are going suppressor/laser I would say that would work best on Light Assault since you have a lot of mobility and can get in close, with engineer you probably dont want a supressor.

But the attachments wont do anything too drastic to the gun so I would say go with whatever you want, laser/supressor is good for close quaters combat.
  3. ThaFreeJ

Appreciate it,thanks
  4. Prudentia

I thibk you would do better with a Foregrip on it and get the Razor (?) as it is a better CQC gun for 250 certs that can utilize the Laser/Suppressor better
  5. Bankrotas

Razor is as good at CQC as NS-11C or T5-AMC, if not worse. It's a ranged weapons.

And no, Merc is better with grip due to dropping side to side recoil more, it doesn't have directional recoil, so LS isn't as good. However, whatever works for you.
  6. Prudentia

I run Lasersight on my Pulsar C...
  7. Bankrotas

Well calling VS a freak would be cliche, so whatever you pick, dirty Vanu.

All weapon attachments can make weapon more for your playstyle. However there are weapons that will benefit more from how you're playing than ones you might be using.
  8. Paperlamp

Why would you do that to the Mercenary :(

Laser actually is fine w/a lot of NC guns since they're more accurate ADSing anyway, but a suppressor ruins how amazing the merc is at mid range.
  9. starecrow

I run a laser on the Merc, and am considering it on the Pulsar C, SABR and Corvus. All these guns have low ADS recoil to begin with, and with a laser you stand a better chance if someone gets the drop on you (it's still not gonna be great on, say, the Corvus, just better).
    Especially important if you're using them on an LA.

Not a big fan of suppressors in general, and especially not on mid-range carbines that don't have HVA.

That said, wait till the Laser changes make it to Live.
  10. Prudentia

It is really cool, same COF as a CQC Carbine, still low TTK due to the Higgdamage and the low firerate gives you a long uptime and it still wrecks poeple at long range.
  11. Bankrotas

I don't really agree. Lower damage weapons and higher ones put same amount of damage for same CoF, however, lower damage weapons put more bullets into that CoF, so you have 1 more bullet chance to hit. Higher damage doesn't let you have better stand on longer ranges until sniper rifles become better anyway.
  12. Prudentia

Just that the Pulsar C is the most accurate Carbine in the game and has therefor a much higher range than eg the Serpent.
  13. Aegie

Think Razor, laser sight, and flash suppressor.