VS MAX tearing it up - WITHOUT ZOE :)!

Discussion in 'MAX' started by AccelPrime, Dec 12, 2013.

1. AccelPrime

Spawnroom MAX units behold! This is how you play the MAX :eek:!

• Up x 7
  2. Tenebrae Aeterna

I wonder what the TR and NC will fall back on when they realize that we did just fine when we had Charge... Granted, ZOE was obviously overpowered...but what they're proposing in the test server is something that no one is going to use. Now, the other two factions have that to deal with.

Great video. :)
    • Up x 2
  3. Leonidas423

Ju
    Just posting in one place is probably enough.
  4. AccelPrime

Naw man, I posted it in general as well because not everyone frequents the MAX section (actually, a lot of people don't) and I then decided to post it in the MAX section for those who do. This way everyone's happy :D!
    • Up x 1
  5. Leonidas423

^That's what I meant.
  6. Traxiconn

:eek: What is this!? A non Glowing Crab MAX killing the masses of red and black?

Great job man. :D
  7. neoNEO

without ZOE? :eek::eek::eek:
  8. Rithlar

without the "shoot here" glow from ZOE, TR just didn't know what to do
    • Up x 1
  9. Kid Gloves

If it's a MAX and it isn't glowing it clearly isn't a VS MAX, right?

:D
    • Up x 3
  10. bulletchaser666

GG didn't think VS knew how to function without a zoe max
    • Up x 3
  11. Covah

Let's just hope they make the max 750 ressources one day, because why playing something else when you can roflstomp everyone with a walking tank ?

I like playing MAX too but it's just too easy to spawn one and roflstomp everything without having to play really seriously.
  12. Dimachaerus

Nice going OP, been sans ZOE for a good while myself, been rolling with extra ammo since I keep running my comets dry smashing up the hordes of Harasser pukes trying for one last hurrah. I'm positively quivvering with anticipation when I get some sort of ZOE related tell/yell and I get to drop the bomb on them that they got dunked on by a dude with extra ammo drums, not ZOE. All ZOE ever did for me was allow me to better juke rockets and ****ers who wanted to run me over. Only ever got the first rank and used it like a flashes turbo, was too damn squishy to leave it on. OH! I did use it for running from base to base since we're STILL waiting on travel mode. *coughtHINT-HINT-SOEcough*

One BIG question though, is EVERYONE on that server so damn clueless and blind or is it just the TR you're shredding? I swear that the second you even stick a crab claw out from behind a box on Waterson everyone and their dog knows you're there and wants your hide.

Do you like being able to capture points, use vehicles, use grenades, c4, AT mines, AP mines, spawn beacons, repair tools, heal tools, redeploy, zoom in with scopes, IRNV, hit infantry targets past 30-40 meters, move at normal infantry speeds, and most important of all; capture points? Do you like having any semblance of infantry resources to spend on any of the above gear/activities?

These are all things maxes CANNOT do.

Do you enjoy being C4'd by every class in the game except infil, not having a rez indicator, being a cert pinata for your enemies, absolutely requiring a dedicated team to support you to do "well" unlike any other class? Do you like eating rockets from above, behind, below, diagonal, sideways, orally, and often rectally? Do you like having a long timer on your "class" like it was a heavy tank? Do you like being able to kill infantry at short range slightly faster than some schlub with a shotgun? Do you enjoy hate tells calling you a skill-less noob for playing your class? Do you like instantly being the undivided center of attention for charlie.. I mean, opposing players, in the bushes the second you step outside your nearest small room? Do you like to flail about helplessly waiting for someone to give you a ride to the next fight if you aren't squaded with someone willing to haul you around? Do you like having to spend thousands upon thousands of certs on just the basic guns to operate your class at even the most basic levels? Do you like to then need to (in some cases, poor NC) dump even MORE thousands of certs into said weapons to get them into a mostly functional state?

These are all the things maxes CAN do.

Granted, I'd not trade my max for the world, but you seem to have a very narrow and very WRONG view of life as a max specialized player.
  13. Ac3s

Hes killing low level newbies, look at it, they are literally level 5-20.
    Poor guys don't even know how to play the game.

Normally I never say this, but learn to play please, 2 rockets = dead MAX, 1 C4 = dead max.
    Or just throw a concussion grenade and all focus him down, all it takes is a little bit of tactic.

You have to treat a max like a tank, you don't go near a tank and shoot it with your pistol or start using your knife, do you?

Until you get a rocket in your face, then you hit the "charge" button and rolfstomp "I need an engineer", after that you'll probably be more serious.
  14. AccelPrime

BR = Skill? Nope.

If you look at the forum signatures of some of the people on these forums you'll find that there are many br 50-70s with a very low SPM & k/d, which some people may say are nonsensical stats, but in reality they're stats that measure your skills to a certain extent. Of course if you want to dive further into the matter you need to see what weapons player X uses, what loadout player X uses, does player X play solo or with an organized outfit etc.

And several of these "low level newbies" had extreme menace & high treat status, which at the very least indicate that they're doing quite well for themselves at that moment. Saying that a low BR is a bad player doesn't work, I got my first scattercannon auraxium medal on my NC @BR29 ;).
  15. AccelPrime

Naw, as you can see in the video the situation had yet to become super chaotic as it many times is at these bio lab entrances, and with some good timing I managed to use that flank without all of them noticing me, because as you also can see some did in fact notice me.

The specific flanking route which I used is also important to take note of, as I didn't run straight around the jumping pad structure, but rather hugged the bio-dome wall for a moment & then when I knew that they weren't coming after me I continued the flanking. Had I not done that, it's likely they would've seen me, or at least my back since I would've exposed myself for a longer time.

It's not so much about the enemies being oblivious, but rather a matter of skill. Positioning, limiting yourself, & picking your targets are good key points.
  16. Posse

They're correlated though, and having extreme menace doesn't mean anything, you can have it just by capping a big base or after an alert ends.

Playing exclusively MAX? Such pro, so skill, wow.
  17. AccelPrime

Some people will never be pleased, no matter what one tells them... Not even going to bother trying :p.
    • Up x 1
  18. Covah

Man when i read you i could think the max is a VICTIM lol.

THANKFULLY he cannot capture points or heal or rez etc...because it's the best killing machine in infantry fights.

You say the max need support to be very effective, i agree, but just like any other player in this game lol, btw with nano repair you can solo pretty effectivly and take ******* tons of kills if you play safe.

There is a lot of situations when you will die as an infantry man without being able to do anything, even if you are a good player.
    There is a looooooooooooot less situations when you will die as a MAX if you are a good player (even solo).

The max is the class that makes your squad able to stand with few against many, because it's a game-changing class, much more than any others, it's made for that purpose.

I don't always play as a MAX only because i love the infantry gunfights and gameplay.

Let's face it max's are really powerfull, that's why we see more and more and more of them even with the 350 ressources cost.

Damn when i'm a heavy in big fights i spend almost 70% of my time with my decimator on my shoulder instead of my LMG lol.

When i say 750 ressources ofc i'm exagerating, but the cost should be increased, at least to 400 or 450.
  19. AccelPrime

I wouldn't mind the MAX being 450 resources, I'd still be able to pull one pretty much everytime I died :D. Those who aren't able to keep themselves alive for long will have some trouble, but that's to be expected.
  20. Covah

The main idea is you shoudn't be able to take 2 MAX with a 750 pool of ressources, so if you die fast you should be punished.

Cause honnestly, i've never had a problem to pull a MAX lol, except when i'm on auto-ressuply grenades or medkits.