Hossin Removed

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Cookie5000, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Cookie5000

Hossin was removed from the test server... Does this mean you guys are working or going to put in the full version of Hossin?! You know the version with Warpgates and the surrounding bases that are restricted.:O
    • Up x 1
  2. sodopro

Well crap.
    • Up x 1
  3. Pikachu

They hope that people will stop asking about Hossin until its ready in late spring 2014. Also they dont want to give false hope to players who just discovered it.
    • Up x 2
  4. CNR4806

They wish you would forget it.
    • Up x 2
  5. Chipay

I just think they've started to work on it again
  6. Cookie5000

I am not one of those players that keep asking for it to come out. I actually want the OMFG to keep going. The highest FPS I can get right now is 25. :/
  7. Cookie5000

Also most of you guys get it all wrong. You think when they are working on something. EVERY MEMBER OF THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM IS WORKING ON IT. That is so not true. If you watch the OMFG videos you can see that it only takes one guy to clean every camo. So maybe multiple teams are working on different things. Just more projects have more people working on them.
    • Up x 1
  8. doombro

I would be ecstatic if that were the case.

However, if they removed it altogether, that probably means it's causing or related to a problem they feel they need to iron out before putting it back in.
  9. Larington

Ok, to be clear, from my vantage point of watching the devs twitter streams I can tell you that a lot of work has been done on Amerish lately rather than Hossin with entire bases redesigned & repositioned. To be honest, I have no problem with this, because from what I've seen the revamped Amerish is going to be incredible with a number of bases and regions more reminiscent of Planetside 1 even, in some cases.

If you click on these links and start scrolling down you'll see a few examples of what's happening to Amerish:
    https://twitter.com/Arclegger
    https://twitter.com/xalorn
    • Up x 1
  10. Backf1re

My hope is they finish up cleaning Esamir and Ameirsh, so that they can begin work on the battle islands and Hossin with full attention to detail.
  11. gigastar

As has been said before, if O:MFG didnt improve your framerate then its probably time for a new PC.

What are your specs anyway?
  12. Larington

• Up x 2
  13. Larington

• Up x 3
  14. MasonSTL

wow... just wow. Did they hire some new people??? these bases look amazing!

The way they in incorporated the terrain as PART of the base is huge! And also using the land as barriers for vehicles AND NOT WALLS is waaaay more esthetically pleasing

Amerish will once again be my favorite continent!
  15. Torok

They said multiple times they will work on Hossin right after Amerish update, Call me a dreamer but I feel like their work on Hossin won't take them as much as the time they invested so far on Amerish, after all Hossin is already 90% complete, it "just" needs to be optimized and polished.

So it's amerish release on live servers on January and then we can really start getting hyped again for Hossin.
    • Up x 1
  16. RasFW

DAT CAVERN. HHHNNNNNGGGGHHHHHHH
  17. Larington

To be honest, I think it's more that they needed to correct their base design mindset from CoD/Battlefield style 'arena's' to defensible bases mindset. A well placed collection of huts works just fine in an up to 32 vs 32 spunkgarbleweewee shooter, but in a game where a swarm of aircraft could show up at any moment, combat locations like that are completely broken and exposed to farming by multiple aircraft.
    • Up x 2
  18. Osskscosco

I logged out on Hossin and i can still log in there, but i can see 2 NC players too.
    • Up x 1
  19. Osskscosco

20. Cookie5000

It did improve my FPS. By 10-15 :p