NERF LIB

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SHEskimo, Dec 7, 2013.

1. SHEskimo

Dalton and Zepher should not be viable A2A options, this is just ridiculous.
  2. SirBurning

God forbid a weapon that take large amounts of skill and practice is actually effective.
    • Up x 5
  3. Morti

This thread is both new and constructive.
    • Up x 1
  4. Gleerok

Here we go again...
  5. Chipay

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  6. DashRendar

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  7. Phazaar

ROFLMFAO?
  8. huller

9. GhostAvatar

You might be able to put some semberlance of an argument together against the Dalton, due to its OHK ability. But you will ultimately fail, due to the very high skill level required to actually make it a consistently viable choice in this role. But the Zepher..... are you really serious on this?
  10. Tommyp2006

Zephyr is awful AA. The shredder however...
  11. Cab00se187

The Dalton is fine. However, the mobility of the Liberator is too effective for it's actual purpose.
    • Up x 3
  12. MallowChunkage

OP has a point on the Dalton bit, dunno about zephyr because nobody runs it, But really the people who are saying the Dalton requires skill to take out ESFs have either not tried it or are lying to try to excuse it. Dalton Vs ESF fire with a co-ordinated pilot and gunner is far easier than using a tail gun against ESFs, a little target leading is all it takes, anyone who has spent even a little time as a sniper can quite easily be a solid A2A (and A2G) Dalton gunner.
  13. Liquid23

Can I complain about how my ESF was once shot down by a Magrider therefor they need to be nerfed ?

also once a squad of NC took me down with SAWS while I dozed off hovering so they should all be nerfed too
    • Up x 1
  14. ABATTLEDONKEY

This. the dalton should have its damage remain the same. THe lib on the other hand should not be able to fly like an ESF and line up dalton shots with ease. That being said, The lib could use some SERIOUS love in the A2G department. Non-viable for noobies, and destructive as hell for us that put the time into it.

Also, for anyone that says that daltoning an ESF requires high amounts of skill and practice has neither seen high amounts of skill, nor practiced much on anything. I flew with a friend the other night. it was his first time playing since march time frame, and he was nailing ESF's left and right with ease. As long as i gave him the shot, he hit the target. Its NOT that hard to do, you just have to, basically, not suck.
  15. Liquid23

which means a majority of players can't do it and find it difficult because they do suck... also the average ESF pilot sucks too which is why he was nailing them
  16. GhostAvatar

So you're are saying the Dalton is better than the tail guns. Everyone knows that, because they are god awful at their actual role.
  17. m44v

Nerfing the Dalton will just introduce ESF to the Shredder, which is many times worse.

If anything, the lib could get a nerf in its mobility.
  18. EvilPhd

It's already been nerfed to oblivion, multiple times. It became so ineffective at the ground pounder that it was designed to be that skilled teams aimed to turn those guns to the skies turning an A2G weapon into an AA weapon.

Then the forms blew up with WAAAA I'm a fast plane getting popped by Zephyrs!
    The lib maneuverability itself was nerfed in response to this.

Now you want more nerfs?
  19. ABATTLEDONKEY

Normally i would agree with that last part, but i have to admit, i was downright impressed with his performance. He was nailing ESF's that were at a considerable distance, and flying in odd patterns (i know this because I would see them before pointing at them, and I lso saw his recorded footage later). I will grant that this guy was above reproach, especially for a newbie. I would probably have a hard time replicating his shots o my first flight (i almost always fly).

the next night, he couldnt hit beans lol. I think he was drinking cause he started to suck with everything in the air.
  20. ViXeN

High skill level? Zephyr? I'm sorry, I had to laugh when I saw that. :D