Station Voice Maintenance Notice: Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Ashlanne SOE Community Team Project Manager

[IMG]

Beginning at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time* on Wednesday, December 4, 2013, Vivox Operations will be performing maintenance. We expect this maintenance to take approximately 30 minutes. During the maintenance Station Voice Services will be unavailable.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Time Zone Converter*
    • Up x 1
  2. Badname707

Does this mean the in-game voice is getting improved, or is station voice something else?
  3. Ashlanne SOE Community Team Project Manager

The maintenance is some general maintenance for in-game voice chat.
  4. Badname707

Close enough.
    • Up x 1
  5. Cookie5000

A maintenance taking only 30 minutes? That new... And its about in-game voice chat. I didn't see any projects on voice chat on the roadmap. o_O
  6. Cookie5000

Btw could you guys note that sometimes when someone is talking in voice the game gets laggier and slower. I don't know why it just does.
  7. EVGA

I may be wrong, but I believe that occurs because when someone uses voice chat, your client actually has to stream the sound coming from the other players. This is seen in my outfit's teamspeak if we're messing around and everyone (20+ people) start yelling at the same time.
  8. Styrkr

The VOIP is handled by a third-party, Vivox, not SOE. The maintenance is not necessarily an update. It's server maintenance, likely something common, e.g. an OS or driver update, hardware swap, cleaning, or other routine maintenance.
    • Up x 2
  9. Codeak'sFan

wow, Vivox Operations? i knew SOE was cheap but good god i almost dont wanna play any of their games anymore..........................
  10. Brainwayne

why is that?
  11. St0mpy

How so? Vivox have been licensing their voice tech to games houses for years, its an established b2b solution, has been integrated into some game engines and is a reasonably stable platform (now) which does actually scale with your development and a large daily userbase of 50k plus and on top of that SOE cant accidentally mess up its core functionality with patches, just its access.

Im down with that.
    • Up x 1
  12. Cookie5000

What are you talking about? EA is the only cheap company I know. SOE is 10x better than EA. How are they cheap?
  13. travbrad

Does this mean the voice chat will actually work now instead of turning into a stuttering mess after 45mins?
  14. Diamond Sword

Will whatever you're doing to the voice service allow me to re-enable it again without it disrupting my internet connection? I was told to disable it by support because there's an issue with it an my router.
  15. control-z

I really really wish Sony would just get away from Vivox or make them fix it. I've been using in-game voice chat since CounterStrike days on a 56k modem. Voice was fine on modem. Now with a connection 25 times faster PS2's voice chat often makes my voice sound choppy and distorted to others, or they don't hear me at all. Disabling and reenabling voice sometimes helps. Logging out and back in fixed once recently. But it's a big pain and it's hard to lead a squad when they can't hear you!
  16. BOOKEN

There is voice chat in Planetside 2?
  17. oklacoe

focus on game improvements and balance the factions, nc have nothing to defend with agains long range, yeah they deal a very tiny bit more damage but their recoil is too high for the amount of damage they do, the vs weapons should be a little weaker other than that the vs are perfect the tr tank is strong as the nc speacial tank damage wise and should at least be 1/4 weaker and give the nc some actual weapons that are effective against infantry i used the max shotguns and they are crap tbh ive used all factions and i made my own opinion about how the factions should be ballanced. vs have too much players and the tr have too little i am not sure about nc