[Guide] Catalogue of Unusual Occurrences

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NikkoJT, Dec 4, 2013.

1. NikkoJT

You all like lore, right? Gooood.
    Here's a thing about that!
    There are lots of hidden bits in PS2. The Howling Pass BFR (sadly deceased), the Esamir Yeti, the mythical Railgun Vanguard...well, I'd like to make them a bit more well-known. So, I made a Google form that lets people submit stuff like this so everyone can find it. I think. It should work. Mostly.
    To submit a thing: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ozhWVnybOQnfnaIKtkKd0FKUUBFshaAqaj9smFqmlDg/viewform
    I hope. TELL ME IF IT'S NOT WORKING

To view things: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjDlD0R9a9SqdHJHakxtSUFYdl8xNjlVY240eDVwamc&usp=sharing
    This spreadsheet holds the information submitted by people. It looks like it takes a little while to update, so be patient. You can also find this by clicking View Responses at the end of making a submission, and clicking View All in the top left corner.

Note: Please don't submit PTS stuff. That's just going to confuse people. If anyone wants a PTS version, I can make it, but since stuff over there changes often, I'm not sure how much help it would be.
    Additional note: ps2maps.com, which I mentioned in the form as useful for finding stuff, doesn't have the updated warpgate names, which I think are live. Stuff found in warpgate regions should use the new compass-point names (i.e. North-Eastern, Southern).
    Additional note: I've already submitted a few things, like J908, the BL-4 Crash Site, and the Howling Pass abandoned base. Do check before you submit.

As a starter, something I'm aware of but can't hunt down right now is the abandoned/buried Amp Station on Esamir. I was looking at the map, but couldn't find it. It might have been removed in the Esamir update, or I could just be going blind - something to work on.

aaaaand...go?
    • Up x 8
  2. Morpholine

It's north of Saerro.
  3. NikkoJT

Are you sure it's still there? I'm looking at the map now (can't get in game at the moment) and all I see in that area is The Rink, and a semi-crater that looks vaguely like there might have been an Amp Station there in the past.
  4. Morpholine

Yep, It's still there.
  5. NikkoJT

I still can't figure out where it is on the map. You've obviously got a better view of that area than me - feel free to make a submission with details.
  6. Angry Scientist

Nearby the Rink. It's a lot more out in the open now and frequently functions as a sunderer setup point in between pushes between those bases.
  7. Morpholine

[IMG]

[IMG]

Taken this morning, just after the servers came up.
  8. bodmans

Submitted the yeti, as the mountain covers multiple grid blocks, I just picked the one nearest to aurora.

There's a similair thing on amerish, lemme check

EDIT: vids on youtube say it's at the ascent
  9. Luperza Community Manager

Love that someone is putting this together! :D

I know the Developers who had a hand in making some of these things occur will be happy to know y'all appreciate the little "surprises" they left in game. ;)
    • Up x 2
  10. DJPenguin

Except the BFR. That was just cruel.
    • Up x 3
  11. Luperza Community Manager

Oh, you know you liked it. ;)
    • Up x 2
  12. Flashtirade

In his house at Howling Pass, dead BFR waits dreaming
    • Up x 3
  13. Squibo

That strange dark field S/SW of Eisa Tech Plant on Esamir. I have always wanted to fight there, it's very strange. I cant recall much about it off the top of my head but I think the ground is 'dark' (almost like road or darker than road) and it's in almost a bowl/arena shape
  14. Nintyuk

15. NikkoJT

Thanks for the RT and post, Luperza! Means a lot to me :)

I think there must be something wrong with the ps2maps image, it's not on there at all. Nevertheless, I'll take your word for it. The spreadsheet says you haven't submitted it, so I'll go ahead and do that. Thanks!

I noticed this while checking new submissions...
    [IMG]
    I think I have maybe 3 posts, total, on Reddit. :p
  16. NikkoJT

Spotted something worth investigating on the map earlier. I plan to go check it out myself tomorrow, but if anyone gets there first...
    On Esamir, in grid C10 (near Andvari South Bank) there appears to be a building just outside the playable area. I'm not really sure what it is, but it definitely looks interesting.
    Oh, and on Indar there seems to be a warpgate-style pattern on the ground just west of Helios Solar (grid C5). Also going to take a look at that and make sure it exists in-game.
  17. Sgt. Keroro

Not sure if this really counts but does anyone remember the "Acid" bridge?

Which would change all of the colors momentarily?
  18. Zakum

Could you tell me where did you get those signatures?
  19. Zakum

This is a real good content,awesome job.While I'm playing and see some weird things on facilities I create theories about that too.
  20. DJPenguin

click on them it takes you to the website