TR whined about ZOE and the Devs notice their Prowler...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by treeHamster, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treeHamster

Test server update nerfed Anchor to 36% reload speed and 8% bullet velocity increase.

TAKE THAT TR!!! Next time learn to whine less.

That isn't even that much of a nerf really because the Prowler will still own Magriders without trying.
  2. raw

As if anchor mode is the problem with Prowlers...
    • Up x 2
  3. CrashB111

Because the forums were swept up in a tide of people complaining about Anchor Mode right? It isn't like you are a sitting duck once activated or anything.
    • Up x 5
  4. Makora

Wait... waitwaitwaitwait. SERIOUSLY!? Wha... who the HELL is in charge of these things?! So the only MBT ability with an actual downside to it's use gets nerfed? Really... I mean really...
  5. Alarox

Maybe they balance things on reason rather than forum whining and emotion. Just a crazy thought.

---------

So if something has a downside, it is automatically balanced? See ZOE.
    • Up x 2
  6. Goden

Stop nerfing the tanks and start buffing the other tanks instead. The tanks, as a whole, (esp the maggy right now) are in a pretty sad state.
    • Up x 1
  7. Silver Fox

Yep, this is mature.
    • Up x 4
  8. Cinnamon

Yeah if anything that vanu has gets nerfed expect hundreds of "revenge nerf" threads from here until the devs give in. Always the way, they always win forumside.
    • Up x 3
  9. Pikachu

Feel the nerfbat.
    • Up x 1
  10. Makora

*facepalm* ZOE is a completely other thing since it's bonuses completely negate the negative. And then we also have the fact that they went THIS hard... wow.
  11. Rothnang

Anchor mode needed to be adjusted a bit, if you're ever on the receiving end of it you realize that it's just utterly absurd how much damage they can put on target with an AP cannon. If you're in a lightning an AP lockdown prowler can have enough shells in the air to kill you by the time the first volley strikes you, and Liberators and Galaxies shouldn't be more afraid of tanks than they are of AA guns.

Whether other factions have stuff that's too powerful is really irrelevant in determining whether something is too strong.
    • Up x 2
  12. Phazaar

It's a shame it doesn't actually address the main problem with the tank... But hey, at least it gives me some tears for sustenance.
  13. SpaceKing

At least you're slightly less likely to be AP Prowler'd out of the sky.
    • Up x 1
  14. Poorform

I think this is more asymmetrical balance. Maybe giving NC the best MBT? Makes sense since it's the most traditional. TR get the far superior mossie for air, and VS get the ZOE.

It actually seems balanced in my book.
  15. Phazaar

Now you're just into the opinion of whether hitscan bullets and double DPS equates to negation of being unable to move. Clearly the devs think so.

Also, it's currently showing 48% reload speed, not 36%. So basically. You get to stay still to do double damage (and have a nominal bonus to projectile velocity)... Really not that UP at all.
  16. Phazaar

Sadly the Vanguard is still -terrible- without cert investment, which means for the vast majority of players, it's terrible.

The devs need to come to terms with the fact that unless cert investment and skill makes an NC completely dominant compared to an equally well-invested player of equal skill on TR/NC, the factions will never be balanced by having such a skill floor/curve disparity (and retaining the same skill ceiling).
  17. Goden

Devs don't balance based on the petty squabbles on their forums. I thought this would be obvious by now.
  18. CrashB111

Remember the launch Prowler?

You know, that tank that was worthless against enemy armor unless it hugged them because its special ability Anchor Mode was useless?

Yeah, this nerf is taking us back to that. The Prowler had no viability at all in long range fights before Anchor Mode was given the velocity buff and with them completely gutting it (60% down to 8% is totally insane) we are going right back to that state of affairs. Which will be even worse now since Infantry have so many AV options they didn't at launch, and this nerf forces the Prowler to engage their targets well within all of those weapon ranges.
  19. ChipMHazard

What a delightfully constructive thread, Hamster "cough"

Obviously the developers do not make balance changes solely based on forum feedback, especially when it's in the form of "OMG nerf this!". Forum feedback most often help devs become aware of possible balance issues and can certainly offer up solutions to said issue, when the feedback is constructive.

Also since when do Prowlers take out Magriders without even trying? Perhaps I'm at fault for having expected some sensibility here.

The Prowler is the best MBT when allowed to deploy and shell the enemy without taking fire. I can personally see three reasons as to why they made this change.
    1) It was too effective at farming infantry at longer ranges. (I should note that its effectiveness when it comes to farming infantry is also largely because of the base design being what it is.)
    2) It was too effective at taking out enemy armour with AP rounds at longer ranges.
    3) Both, since the rounds' extremely fast velocity does make it far easier to reliably hit targets.
    As such I most certainly consider the Prowler to be the most effective tank when it comes to farming. This change probably won't change how the Prowler is used, so just how effective it is. It's still going to be great at shelling bases with the fast reload speed.
    I do however have to profess some confusion to why they are going to mostly remove the velocity bonus, since it was added in during the "Make NC/TR MBTs better against Magriders" balance pass. Perhaps they've come to the conclusion that the AP rounds' velocity is mostly enough.

However, I consider the Prowler to be the weakest tank in a direct firefight simply because of how the turret works and the fact that you lose mobility when deployed.
    I also don't really consider a deployed Prowler an MBT at all, but rather it takes on the role of a self-propelled gun.
    I haven't liked the Prowler since they introduced the Anchored mode since it goes against what the Prowler was supposed to be. A fast brawler.

I still prefer my Lightning over the Prowler and day of the week because it gives me something the Prowler doesn't. Mobility.
    • Up x 5
  20. reticentbassist

I would have preferred to keep the Velocity and lose the reload speed. DAT VELOCITY! Oh well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.