Woodman seriously needs fixing somehow

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Drasilov, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxkeiser

Twice? lol?
  2. BadAsElite

Its an idea, it has many ways in which it can be implemented.
    Do you not agree that having this many people in one outfit Zerging around a problem?
    This will in the long run likely cause people to leave the game due to stagnation.

Now you have to ask yourself, what's in it for the people who can join KotV, knowing its the biggest outfit on the server by a country mile?
    The answer is plain and simple Numbers. And being under one roof make's it easyer for the leadership to manage, by not having offshot clan's like what you were suggesting.
    Everyone would want to be in KotV "1-2" and not KotV 3-4-5 and so on. This would result in players knowing that they being placed in the lemming / scrub offshot outfit's as the cannon fodder / distraction, and could result in players geting either board as they dont get the limelight as often, as they aint in the 1st team.
    It would also mean placing Experiance members from KotV to manage each and every sub clan inorder to achieve its goals, meaning it might be placing more "Core" players into them areas. Which could result in a player recession over time.

Currently it's just too easy to just invite loads of random people into one clan, for the whole purpuse of just zerging the other two teams.
    Which PS2 is not about.
  3. maxkeiser

Nope. If you want tightly controlled, even-sided gaming there is the Battlefield series or other games. PS2 is about numbers. There is nothing more fun than coordinating 3-4 whole platoons during an alert - with players going where they are told and playing the objective.

Massive outfits IS WHAT PS2 IS ALL ABOUT. PS2 is a huge sandbox, giving players the tools to do battle in loads of different ways and in MASSIVELY coordinated groups. That IS the whole point. Basically, if you don't like that this game probably isn't for you. And yes, before you say it, I've been on the end of massive organisation on Miller (from Tr) and on Woodman (NC). It's amazing to see an enemy sweep in in massive force even if you lose frankly. PS2 makes reality what I was dreaming about in gaming 20 years ago.

On Woodman, it's up to the NC/TR (who have the same population mostly) to get organised as well.
  4. BadAsElite

Also NC HQ on Woodman is not as bad as many would think in terms of management.
  5. maxkeiser

Agree. During an alert yesterday (I think), GODS were doing 4-5 galaxy drops on Amerish, pushing Kotv out of bases and generally causing mayhem/great fights.
  6. Cab00se187

If you can't beat em, join em
  7. BadAsElite

So basicly if we all Merge into one super outfit this would solve the problem?

[IMG]

But more seriously I would like to see one server do this, and see how it plays out when you have 3 super power outfits on each faction.
  8. NucNuc

Nope...simply nope. This game is at the beginning, and atm on Woodman it is about platoon play... But if you consider 2 even forces the one with better micromanagment wins.
  9. TheGreatOne80

I also have my main (TR) on Ceres , NC on Miller and VS on Woodman. I was in your outfit since good old Mallory day but I was kicked because I was inactive for 3-4 months. :D

Sometimes when I play my VS I join KOTV's alert platoons and I have to say they are very organized. Even their public platoons are very well organized! They give us "outsiders" objectives and not only like "OK, take that AMP Stations" but more like "Squad A goes for this generator, squad B goes for that one...". I think this is the way to win alerts.

The problem with KOTV is their ZOE love. It's just max crash after max crash and I understand the NC and the TR don't like it. I just don't understand how ZOE can still be in the game. Giving increased movement speed and damage to one max and a useless "make that guy even slower" shield or a "shoot me in the face with your rocket" lockdown to the others...

I do agree it's hard to find a good fight on Woodman as a VS but playing as NC on Miller is just as bad. Gameplay on Ceres is more balanced I think and I can usually find a fight that fits to me. The only thing I would like to remove from Ceres is that Torok guy and his LA buddy with his shotgun. They are always behind me. :D
  10. Drasilov

Ok just logged in saw an alert - VS pop was 54%, TR was 10% and NC 36%. I'd take a screenshot but it never works - never saves the shot.

Its literally like that every night when there is an alert. I play around 8pm onwards GMT and its an EU server so there should be plenty of ppl on. Normally its fairly balanced but literally as soon as an alert sounds, the pops swing dramatically to the VS.

Even if you get organised theres not a lot you can do when the odds are 2 to 1 and most of those are MAX units of various types. My NC guy isn't my main toon so I'll likely reroll somewhere where theres a more even fight - but if more people do that the server will be dead.
  11. Simferion

About that alert, the VS got the dominating victory because the NC made a grave mistake: they didn't protect a satellite and so the VS could zerg the last Amp station (if you are referring to the Esamir Amp stations' alert).

Anyway IMHO Alerts' rewards are just plainly stupid. Instead of getting XPs at the end everyone should get a lump sum every 5 minutes or so for participation. If you win the alert you should increase a special counter and after X alert won you could get a prize (like a decal or a title)
  12. vsae

Whenever I join a fight against NC I hear multiple sounds such as different weapon sounds and occasional "WHERES DOC?".
    Whenever I join a fight with VS I hear nothing but MAX fire and numerous guys constantly shouting "I REQUIRE REPAIRS!"
  13. JaL

KOTV has good leaders. The players are semi-random, but squadleaders, platoonleaders and above are a well oiled machine. They rarely field more than 2-3 platoons, but they read the game well and react very fast with orders. That's why KOTV is everywhere. It's not zerg, it's not the max crushes, it's just using their ressources optimally. In KOTV, redeploy buttons glow red hot.
  14. pintle

I thought this thread was about Woodman in general, as opposed to bashing one particular outfit?

If KOTV leaders are as good as people are suggesting, I think it would be extremely good for the state of the server if they were to run more open squads, and split the force up to contest as many objectives as possible in order to mitigate the overwhelming zerginess of the faction in general.

As it stands, my pink crab max gathers dust while I play on other servers with more balanced fights.
  15. Richardblabla

OK as an update to my previous comment, I actually encountered a GODS squad today who were plainly sticking together and communicating with each other - mostly new players interestingly.

I take it back, well done GODS. Keep doing more of that.
  16. Richardblabla

Are you serious? KOTV pretty much always run open squads, in fact they are usually the only English-speaking squads open.

We in IP are guilty of not doing enough public squads, they're effort.
  17. pintle

I'm more concerned with what those open squads do, than if they exist. Numerous times I have hopped through every open squad in the list, looking for some voice coms and leadership beyond "waypoint/beacon: done" and been disappointed. The vast majority of open squads on Woodman are in my subjective experience scattered, disorganised, or zerging.
  18. Richardblabla

Well in my subjective experience with over 1000 hours of play on Woodman Vanu (i.e. probably trumping your experience), KOTV squads are often the only ones with voice coms and some resemblence of leadership.

How do you think they got so many players? They just appeared from thin air? No, KOTV ran open squads that had organised and objective play (even if this was often ghostcapping), then invited all the players who did not currently have an outfit in the squad into KOTV.

Its not rocket science or withcraft, all the other outfits have the opportunity to do the exact same thing with not too much effort, but they do not. If more of their players stepped up in leader roles, and the 4th faction ****** off from the server, Woodman would be fine.

The random open squads you've been in have usually lost their original leader who logged off, leaving randomers in charge.
  19. Nolenag

KotV organisation doesn't go much further than "We need 2 platoons of ZOE MAXes to zerg here".

The most impressive thing about this is that their members actually listen to those orders, because the average KotV player is awful.
  20. pintle

Please stop assuming things about me and my experiences.

I played since launch, I led the biggest (active) outfit on Mallory. I know the difference between a "zombie platoon" and ineffective leadership.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.