good vanu lmg for my play style help

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by darthraven118, Dec 3, 2013.

1. darthraven118

^title. + id like a decent lmg that does well at mid-long ranges with out having to burst the gun. not more cqc orientated rapid fire weapons like the Orion or pulsar.
  2. Bape

SVA-88 :O but im not a professional in VS so best to wait for an VS to come in here to confirm.
  3. DramaticExit

You're vanu. Just use the SVA-88 for everything.

Video unrelated.
    • Up x 3
  4. darthraven118

sorry but most prefer the orion
  5. Ryme

What about the Flare?
  6. DramaticExit

The Orion is great close up, without a doubt, but the SVA-88's more gentle first shot recoil is something I appreciate a lot for slightly longer ranges. It's just a more adaptable gun - or so I find on those rare occasions I decide to play my vanu.

Looking at the stats, the Ursa would be an easier gun to control... I've not tried either though, so I can't say for sure.
  7. Kedyn

If you want to shoot something at medium to long range, use a sniper rifle. Because of a combination of weapon accuracy and damage dropoff, engaging targets at long range with an LMG is a waste of time in most cases. Chance are good that while you're wasting an entire 75 round magazine trying to put a guy down at long range, someone with a bolt action sniper rifle is just going to pop out and shoot you in the head. GG.

Get your Orion, slap on a 1x reflex sight and the laser sight, learn to control the ROF and recoil, only shoot at targets that you can quickly kill, and save your money. You can thank me later by giving me the money that you saved.
  8. Greyfrog

Use the S1/Nemesis for enemies at range. Continue rolling face with Orion close-mid.
  9. that_darn_lurker

SVA 88 all the way. Good-to-acceptable at all ranges, but the extra RPM of the Orion definitely helps out in close quarters. Use reflex scope and a grip; no need for those high powered scopes. ADS strafe fire and print certs.
  10. Morpholine

I'm enjoying the Ursa. Give it a trial.
  11. Erendil

Well it sorta depends on what you mean by "mid long ranges" but if accuracy and not having to burst fire are your primary concerns then your best option by far is the Ursa. Its long range (i.e. - 100m+) accuracy can't be touched by the other VS LMGs. It's no contest really.
  12. darthraven118

no thank you i do better my way
  13. darthraven118

thats what im thinking right now.
  14. Monkeydmomo

SV-88 Forward grip, compensater, and 1x scope or 2x your choice. You've got yourself a well rounded lmg.
    • Up x 1
  15. darthraven118

i don't know how many times i have to say this i dislike high RoF ALOT. i'm not firing an smg here but a LMG BIG AND POWERFULL at range is what i perfer. perferably with little recoil as possible
  16. darthraven118

yea sv and ursa sound really good right now
  17. Monkeydmomo

As much as you'd like to avoid cqc you're going to have someone close the gap at some point. Go for the sv-88 You won't regret it.
  18. teks

Why not the flare? Is that the right name for the plasma-shooter? Seems like a solid mid to long range weapon that additionally tears up maxes, and has splash.

People, stop suggesting the SVA-88 he clearly is not looking for the sva-88 or the orion. There are other options.
  19. Morpholine

You're thinking of the Lasher. The Flare is pretty similar to the Ursa, though.
    • Up x 1
  20. sodopro

No offense, but your a BR22... Some of the replies here have real merit to them.

PS2 is fundamentally a CQC game. All the cap points are CQC, there's a lotta buildings etc.

You will engage at CQC at times, whether you like it or not.

That said, the others have been making good suggestions. Try the SVA, it's good for all rounded gameplay.