What is your impression of the enemy factions?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SinerAthin, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Shadowyc

The VS are led by a man named General Butt Naked?
    • Up x 1
  2. Zombekas

VS: Glorious spandex rulers of Auraxis
    TR: Certs
    NC: Certs
    • Up x 1
  3. lilleAllan

there are clowns in all factions. but my favorite two clowns are both tr.
  4. JaceArveduin

Wait, aren't you the one wearing spandex? :p

As for me? My impressions are tainted by those that around me, though I can say that I see more VS MAX's than TR ones. Oh, and JENK and Dropping Purple Smoke are generally on my NOPE list.
  5. Black Humor

Waterson;

NC: Football hooligans. Harmless in small numbers, an unstoppable tsunami of death when in hordes.

TR: Zombies. Crush a few, then what? Endless waves shall march forward and pick the lands clean.

VS: Gentlemen. Sitting quietly in their studies, with a pipe and a pistol. Until they get drunk and roll down the stairs with no pants on.
    • Up x 3
  6. SpaceKing

TR: Cannon fodder zerg
    NC: Whiny 4th factioners
    VS: NC
  7. Kunavi

[Woodman]

TR : Orks who got sucked in by a really mean Warp-Storm. The TR wore red, so it suited them to loot their Barracks and get some Dakka better than their own(All the original TR have joined the VS). All they do is being Orky, or Orkier than that if they can. The Storm apparently sucked in some Imperial Guard too but they are too few and apparently not Orky enough, so they can't organize the Horde.

NC : Black Mesa Security lost on their way to Xen; They used to play 8 Vs 8 and have no clue what, when, how, where nor why. They do have their moments though, when they do organize... No doubt about that. They would be able to play 32 Vs 32 but most joined the VS. Stray Star-Ship Troopers are rumoured to be among them too.

VS : A cross between Protoss and Zergs(Plot Twist : Ancient "Vanu" = Xel'Naga). They are on Auraxis cuz XEL'NAGA, deal with it. Numbers, equipment and organization? They got it. They got more than half of what it takes, not including their opponents being what I described. Skills? F* that. A few are really good but that's not what's cutting it, not by far and we all know.

That is all.
  8. hawken is better

With Waterson NC, I agree with OP. They're either extremely skilled or extremely bad, the middle ground is almost nonexistent. With VS, the disparity is much smaller, and there seems to be an even distribution of skilled players.
  9. ViXeN

They're both bad compared to VS. Hey, you asked! :D
  10. applepienation

On Connery:
    VS: organized and dangerous.
    TR: Okay. Some good players, just as many bad ones.
    NC: Mostly cannon fodder with a few very, very skilled players.
  11. eduarddato12

Waterson.

TR. Me, really organised, but some tryhard outfists
    NC. Terrible, 0 organization. I play often, and i never saw NC win
    VS. A true opponent to the TR. Skilled, organized. Their snipers are terrible though.
  12. Blippy

VS: JENK
    NC: Unorginized lone wolves
    TR:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  13. MrMurdok

The NC smell kinda funky and the VS touch themselves in odd places.
  14. Suicide Trooper

That' not even debatable. Magrider alone outclasses and outguns every other tank in the game.
  15. FocusLight

SOMEONE got up on the wrong foot today :O
  16. FocusLight

NEVER enough Dakka. It's like the quest for the ultimate number: you can always get more.
  17. Paperlamp

VS has fluctuated a lot balance wise, but have retained high pop. Magriders coated the landscape early on, now ZOEs flood indoor locations. The brunt of them seem to flock to and from different toys based on nerfs/buffs. They've got no clear faction trait or strength but are versatile and have solid options in every area, so it seems less of them specialize and stick to something. Still seem some die-hard magrider and scythe users though, since they still have unique advantages.

TR is more stable, seems to attract the best overall pilots and have more dedicated air sections of outfits coordinating. It's really nice not having to deal with air as much as I do on the other factions when I play TR. They tend to shy away from indoor fights more though, probably because the TR MAX has never been the top MAX - fractures are solid but there are always so many ZOEs the few frac MAXes TR pulls are always hopelessly outnumbered. Well...TR also tends to be outnumbered on Connery in general. Not a lot of love for alerts...

NC seems to be the armor faction or at least has more dedicated/organized tankers. More 2/2 tanks than the more solo-friendly TR/VS - hell, non-tanker TR just pull prowlers like flashes, they're fast enough and can take some punishment. Vanguards shut down other armor pretty hard though, even against superior numbers it seems like. More of them run AP with a good secondary, so no surprise. NC also always seem to have more snipers, but I imagine that's just due to them starting with a BASR.
    • Up x 1
  18. LightningDriver

After playing all 3 factions on Connery, all 3 factions are exactly the same in terms of organization and skill. That is a load of BS to say anyone is better. It's a good server overall. Good fights, good teamwork, friendly players. Friendly for an FPS game anyways. What I can say for certain, is the drivers for all 3 factions are miles ahead of Matherson. I rarely see bumper cars on Connery, on Matherson, it was a daily trail of blown up Lightnings, Flashes, dead engineers, and broken dreams everywhere.

The obnoxious trash-talker who takes the game too seriously award goes to VS on all servers. I don't know why VS attracts all the big talkers. PS1 was like that too.
  19. JaceArveduin

It's the spandex, they just don't feel comfortable with themselves, so they need to feel like they're always be intimately hugged.
  20. Yuukikun

Now i've seen everything. I can die in peace.

PS: LOL
    • Up x 1