New to TR (Versatile and support load out help)

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by copywrite85, Nov 29, 2013.

1. copywrite85

I'm turn coating on my blue bros and becoming red. I am looking to have a primary versatile load out and a support bullethose/suppression load out with lots of ammo. Here is what I am thinking of so far.

T32 Bull - 2x reflex/high velocity ammo/forward grip/compensator (versatile)
    OR
    Carv-s with the same attachments

Mini-gun - Extended mags (support)

I've used the mini gun on the field and I have about a 30% accuracy with it, I kill allot of people and am having fun with it...but I do have concerns and everyone else seems to hate it. Can I have validation on my choice from anyone? If it IS that awful can anyone offer advice on a superior alternate to fulfill the aim of my support load out? Lastly I have been using the T32 Bull in VR training and it feels great! Unfortunately its another gun people seem to hate...thoughts?
  2. Rogueghost

Carv S is a decent weapon, got auraxium pretty easily, other people hate it with a passion however.
    I'd highly recommend swapping that HV ammo for some soft point, HV ammo does nothing but increase recoil, not only is it useless it actually makes it harder to use your weapon, soft point on the other hand only extends that range at which your bullets deal max damage, making it more useful for long range than HV.

The T32 Bull is TR's worst lmg, and the only LMG I don't have aurax with, I;d recommend the t16 instead, its better and cheaper than the bull, I don't like it much, but its usable unlike the bull.

And the chaingun is just bad, you're better off with any gun in the game.
  3. Lazaruz

Hello there, and welcome to the warm embrace of the Republic. After the mandatory 18 months in out top notch re-education center, you will be able to pick up a manly TR LMG!

I'd recommend the T16 Rhino if you want a large ammo pool, since it can equip an extended mag to achieve 200 rounds of continuous firepower. But please do not overlook the basic T9 Carv, it's still my favorite LMG on the TR. Slap on a forward grip and 1x scope and you're good to go. If you're considering the T32 Bull, I'd suggest looking into the MSW-R instead. The mini chain gun is fun to use, but will probably lose out in effectiveness to other alternatives.
  4. Redsix

Agree with Borther Baddass up there.

Honestly for TR LMG you can't go wrong, you have to pick something that fits your play style. With that said if I had to pick a single TR weapon for the rest of my life...T9 Carv...default weapon. I have more kills with other HA weaps but that one I enjoy the most. Second would be the Rhino...after that the TMG50 and MSWR.

Run with the T9, don't worry about its accuracy, you miss a lot...its a thought free bullet hose.

For me the HA is more about picking a decent set of secondary abilities.

And welcome to the TR, strength through unity or whatever the hell we say. I think its actually Nerf ZOES!
    • Up x 1
  5. Flharfh

T32 is very easy to aim and hit targets with. However it neither does particularly good damage nor has a particularly good RoF. If you have difficulty with aim or recoil compensation this may be your gun but in a 1v1 fight you will be at a disadvantage.

Carv-S is the worst TR LMG. There is no situation in which the Carv-S is the best choice of LMG.

At close range, your options are the Carv, the MSW-R (slightly more effective CARV but with smaller magazine) or a shotgun.
    At mid-long range, you should use the T16, the TMG50, or, if aim or recoil is an issue, the T32.

If cost is no object, my ideal heavy assault loadouts are MSW-R w/ 1x reflect, soft point ammo, foregrip, and flash suppressor for close range (adv laser in place of foregrip also perfectly viable), and the TMG-50 with foregrip, 2x reflex, compensator for med/long range.

Also, I would advise against using HVA as bullet speed isn't really an issue for LMGs, as most combat occurs under 100m and the recoil increase is very noticeable.

Chaingun is a novelty and due to the spin up time it is generally not a good choice for regular combat, however it is surprisingly effective against MAXs and ESFs and is situationally useful (tower stairwells come to mind).
    See this thread for analysis as to why the chaingun isn't normally a competitive choice.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...mechanics-and-why-it-shouldnt-be-used.152424/

I hope this helps. If anything stay away from the Carv-S. It's known as the Carv-**** for a reason.
  6. RobotNinja

For TR LMGs, you can't go wrong with the T9 Carv or the TMG-50. The chaingun is more like a novelty toy. If you have extra certs, whatevs but it's definitely not a necessity. It's high ROF gets negated by the fact you have to spin it up and keep it spinning. It's pretty situational.
  7. KnightCole

If your going to use a 143@652 gun, make it the T16, atleast it cna have Exmags. T32 doesnt even sounds good, 60 rounds and a horrid dmg.RoF ratio? ugh.

MCG, idk, I didnt like it when I trialed it. Dat wind up time...

I find the stock T9 with a x1 and laser to be my best friend on the TR side. It works in the largest portion of this game. ITs good burst support at range, its boss in CQC, ADS or hipfire. It has great RoF, good enough damage to win enough engagements. The 100 rounds keeps it firing. Yeah, I know ive cursed the gun up and down before, but I cannot say I hate it now. Change of playstyle with it and...yeah, its good enough.
  8. copywrite85

Lol, its 'loyalty until death' I believe brother red.
  9. Ttariel

For a good middleground in TR/VS you cant go wrong with the stock weapons, if this is not that much of your thing the NS weapons lack in damage but are really easy to use and can be set up for most ranges.
  10. copywrite85

Why do people despise tbe carv s so much? I heard it was real similar to the carv with more options. Thanms for the input guys...looks like I was going to make some bad decisions lol.
  11. Mxiter

MSW-R+foregrip is certainly the most versatile TR LMG. A bit weaker at range than the T32/Carv-s but much more interesting for closest ranges.
    TMG-50 without compensator isn't that bad too but requires to control the vertical recoil.
  12. huller

T9 Carv, 1X reflex and forward grip, once you master the weapon with propper burst fire nailing targets up to 300m out won't be too daunting.

If long range supression is what you are looking for, T16 rhino w/ extended mags and sight of choice.
  13. Singed

All you need is the T16 Rhino, and if you have some certs left over consider the MSW-R for a close range alternative.
  14. Takoita

I would recommend trying out TMG-50 (a steady all-around choice) and MSW-R (the 'those VS with their Orions are getting out of whack' gun) out in both VR and via the 'try it out' fucntion.

MCG is cool but it's not very effective if you don't have other teammates to lure the enemies' attention from you. I did manage to kill 3-4 people without letting off the trigger once or twice though, so it has some dakka to its name. It has decent accuracy while zoomed in, so don't go discounting that (and thus increased magazine capacity on the gun is a better choice than the laser sight, in my opinion).

CARV-S, from what little I've seen of it, seems to have too much side-to-side jitter in ADS to be worth the trouble. I would not recommend.

Default CARV... I have not recommended the thing to anyone after the changes it went through in GU1 almost a year ago. After playing a bit with it after the OMFG update I was pleasantly surprised with its perfomance though. Whether it had to do with a bit better fps, some changes to the gun I did not notice since then or if I simply got a little bit better, I don't know. One thing I've noted that I found it much easier to hit things with x1 scope than with the HS/NV one.

I didn't like other TR LMG in VR, but seeing as how I do get killed by various T-16 and Bull users from time to time when I play other factions, there are people that can make them work. Try them out and see for yourself.

If you decide to get yourself an SMG, I'd suggest Armistice. You don't really need it unless you plan to play with it on your Infiltrator since HA, LA/Engineers and Medics get better options in MSW-R, Lynx and 'almost anything' respectively and the shotgun of your choice on top of that (I'd go with the Haymaker), but whatever.

As for attachements, I'd stick a laser sight on everything that is not MCG, Armistice or Haymaker - increased mag size for those would be my choice - and try out how compensator affects your TMG-50 perfomance. Oh, and no more than 2x zoom scopes on any of those would be my advice. I've seen some people make higher magnification work, but that was not the case for me.
  15. Dakor

Why do you recommend the flash suppressor for close range? I thought the flash suppressor was only to hide your bullet flash... Does it also help with hip fire accuracy or something like that?

16. Mxiter

Flash supressor removes the fash effect for the ennemies but also for you (when ADS).
    It increase the bloom and since Wrel barrel attachments video also reduce slightly the ROF.
    Those drawback are less strong than supressors (more damage degradation, less velocity, more drop).

By the way, i generally only uses supressors on my inf/LA and never flash supressor.

Playing in squad,i don't care to stealthy as HA and prefer having a good weapon performance (no barrels attachments but compensator on the TMG for 50m+ range).
  17. Flharfh

The logic is that the flash suppressor's drawback (slightly worse CoF bloom, it doesn't decrease your RoF) is insignificant on weapons primarily designed for CQC. Eliminating the flash will help your aim because you won't have to see through it, but more importantly the muzzle flash is a a huge liability at night, basically providing a big "shoot me" sign for every enemy within sight.

I agree with the above poster that i would only use a regular suppressor on an SMG infil or maybe light assault.
    • Up x 2