Would this modification of Orion be OP?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by faykid, Nov 24, 2013.

1. faykid

so there's the answer to my question. it would be OP, and make all other crap LMG (like Flare, Ursa, etc.) obsolete. this is sad. i wish they didn't introduce half of the other sidegrade LMG, and just made this Orion 2.0 available. even if it had 25 more bullets and no other attachments available...
    hate flare, hate ursa, love orion, but i really wish it was available in a more customizable and expensive version
  2. FrontTowardEnemy

If I could get an Orion with a 2x sight, compensator and HVA, I'd be in heaven. As it is, the SVA-88 is a close second. The Orion is pretty awesome as it is.
  3. Mxiter

If you give to the the Carvs:
    -tighter ads moving COF by 15%
    - tighter hipfiring COFs by 25%
    -divide it's reload time by 2
    -12% lower horizontal recoil
    -0.75 ads move multiplier
    -higher recoil decrease
    -HVA and SPA ammos

And remove it's rail attachments.
    Would it be OP? Obviously yes.
  4. Bill Hicks

ahahahahahahaha

Paper comparison means little. Orion destroys everything except SVA -88
  5. Bill Hicks

The orion could lose its grip and sight, and still be in the top tier of LMGs.
  6. Ruvan

If the Orion is so awesome then why aren't all the high BR Vanu using it exclusively?

Reason: it has meaningful downsides that don't make it optimal for most situations. 750 RPM with only 50 bullets in a clip and a 4 second long reload? In a large fight? No thanks. 250 ammunition pool so either I have to run off and find Engineers who realize they can use a turret and ammo at the same time, resupply, use my pistol or give up my suit slot? No thanks to that either.
  7. Jellypig

I like how people keep saying these tweaks to the Orion would make it BY FAR the best LMG. Use the SVA-88 for a while and say that.
  8. Bill Hicks

only a baddie would use all 75/100/150/200 rounds in any given engagement. The faster reload means that you can fire far more bullets than a gauss saw.

250 ammo pools means nothing, and if the devs think that is a valid downside, then they need to be fired.

Don't give a F what high BR vs do. BR does not equal skill.
  9. JesNC

Isn't that the SVA-88 in a nutshell? Well, minus the SPA...
  10. faykid

i don't remember the stats, but no - sva has different effective stats. it is not as perfect as orion for cqb either
  11. Lucidius134

Pop quiz: Which faction has an attachment not available to the other factions' stock LMG's?
    Trick question: There are 3 attachments on the same LMG. Advanced Foregrip + Compensator + HVA on the NC6 Gauss Saw. You can go even further and add the 6x scope.
  12. CptFirelord

NC, High Velocity ammunition.
  13. CptFirelord

Exactly, just look at the T7 Minichaingun. It's a piece of **** but costs more than any decent weapon.
  14. Lucidius134

It's a trick question. Highlight the whole post like you're copying and pasting it.
  15. Regpuppy

The one with the default weapon that's arguably too focused in purpose to be the default weapon to begin with? Which is the only faction without the starting gun being a good generalist weapon? :p

I won't argue that the NC6 doesn't follow what I think should be a default gun. Because I don't think it should be one.
  16. CptFirelord

I see now, ty.
  17. Bill Hicks

trick question. Which faction has to spend hundreds of certs to be good as a BR1 heavy with a 0 cert orion?
  18. Lucidius134

Me either.

See above.
    • Up x 1
  19. TomoB

Btw. why Orion LMG from "3rd" perspective sounds like normal machinegun but 1st perspective it's pewpewpew? I've always wondered this when I've heard VS HA fire his weapon and the sound is just like from some old Vietnam movie... bug?
  20. Singed

So basically you want a Carv. The carv is balanced because it has **** accuracy and it has **** recoil. Thee is a reason why many TR heavy assaults prefer the MSW-R to the Carv, even though they have the same theoretical DPS. Be happy with your already amazing LMGs.