What are the best loadouts for a TR heavy?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Lefty Lucy, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Poppington

A nice, cheap way to up your survivability a little to invest in a rank of medical kit for 50 certain. It unlocks for all classes and is a full, instant heal of hp. In most cases, it's better to have C4 but that's a total of 700 certs. It will really help while you get used to positioning and health management while not having a medic always at your side. Also, since its all classes, I highly doubt it will be wasted cents, ever.
  2. Tylerso11

Probably the mini gun.
  3. FieldMarshall

MCG if you want to feel like a badass as close range as an alternative to the MSW-R CQB
  4. Singed

Cheap mid/long range setup

T16 Rhino (250 certs)
    1x reflect sight (30 certs)
    foregrip or adv foregrip (100 certs each)
    OR: extended mags (100 certs)
    Skep or Grounder (250 certs)
    medical kit (50 certs rank 1)

Explanation: The T16 Rhino is a slow firing, easy to control weapon that deals low, but consistently accurate damage at longer ranges. The foregrips are nice at longer ranges but not completely necessary. At medium ranges it's accurate enough forgo the foregrip and equip extended mags for enhanced crowd control capabilities.

The rest doesn't matter quite so much. Use a lockon if you can afford one and a suit slot of your choice. At longer ranges nanoweave isn't quite as necessary so feel free to choose a more interesting option.
  5. Takoita

Alternatively, try laser sight on whatever gun you end up choosing. Just because a majority of people around here would suggest a foregrip doesn't mean it would work for you. Oh and laser sight for any and all your pistols, since there is nothing to compete with it in that weapon class.
  6. Effreem

I'm a wierdo.

Weapon Loadout - Close Range
    Armistice w/whatever IR or reflex sight you like , Flash/Silencer depending on personal preference
    NS Decimator
    NS Commissioner w/laser

Armor Loadout
    Resist Shield 5
    Nanoweave 5
    Concussion Grenades
    Regen Med kits (Im not sure if they are better than medkits or not, but I use them.)

Weapon Loadout - Medium to Long Range
    AMR-66 (3.4x scope (use the chevron not the dot. The dot gets in the way when making long range shots), Flash/Silencer depending on personal preference)
    NS Decimator/Striker (AV engagements at medium to long range only)
    NS Commissioner w/laser

Armor Loadout
    Resist Shield 5
    Nanoweave 5
    Concussion Grenades
    Regen Med kits (Im not sure if they are better than medkits or not, but I use them.)
  7. bubbacon

TR Heavys are alot of fun, but ya gotta have the right tool for the job(s). And boy do you ever have alot of cool toys to choose from.

I choose my loadout on the situation. For example:
    Assaulting/Defending Towers or basically CQC, MSW-R/Shotty/Carv
    Bio Labs: If your stuck outside trying to break in on the landing pad, I actually like range weps here with a good scope. I go with TMG-50 or Battle Rifle. Once inside I go with a good Med range wep...Carv/Rhino/Bull/Chain Gun etc

AMP/TECH Plants....Med range Rhino/Bull/Carv

Prolly use SKEP 90% of the time for the dumbfire aspect

Conc/AV nades just depends on the situation and resources..or lack there of