1 Year, and this is what we have.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by snu, Nov 29, 2013.

1. snu

Not sure what is worse, the game debilitating bugs and problems, or the fact that after a year, the best they have been able to give us in terms of new stuff "for everyone" is the harasser.

ontop of that, the fact that the harasser is pretty much better than an MBT when a Halberd is attached.

How come I need a loading screen when i tele into a biolab, create a mem caching nightmare for myself, when I can use the jump pads and bypass the debilitating frame lag entirely.

when are AT mines going to work again? they currently do not detonate when run over.

why did the OMFG update make game stability worse?

when will they stop pumping out useless crap to buy, when the game has massive stability issues for nearly everyone?

I got bored of the game after 2 months into release and getting br 80 (number 1 on server on Helios for up to 5 months). Came back a couple of weeks ago and.... really???!?!

Same stability issues, the harasser as the only real gameplay addition (besides lattice on indar only).

When can we expect the deep intensive gameplay of planetside 1?

or is this really just a sad attempt at a cash-cow to fund the ps3/4 version of planetside, which will have all the gameplay and features missing in the PC version?

what happened to games being awsome? I honestly wish planetside 2 was P2P, i miss having fun and feeling like im accomplishing something more than getting max BR and k/d ratio. this isn't CoD. bring back depth and fun please, this is an endless grind, killing the same things over and over, with nothing besides base-capping to accomplish, and experience to earn. I miss ANT's, (especially for low br's or players just starting out to get xp without totally foiling their ratios or not standing a chance at fighting higher br's) charging bases with nanites, even BFR's (yes i know, they were OP, but if you were good, one man could destroy them in their weakspot).

How is it that a game from 2003 could be better in all aspects of gameplay than one 10 years later? I miss when gameplay mattered, and even though it took $15 a month, it was worth the stability and depth that it offered.

/endrant
    • Up x 3
  2. Gustavo M

To be honest, OP... expect some "real" changes at mid 2015.
  3. Shadowyc

OMFG made stability better for more people than it hurt. :L Just send info to support and hope that there's something you can do to fix it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Alarox

Slow progress is better than none. I have no doubt they care about this game. I have no doubt that the game is headed in the right direction. The same can't be said for most MMOs, especially non-subscription required ones.

I'm still having fun. The balance might not be perfect, the performance might be sub-optimal, and there may be bugs that still need fixing after too long, but I'm still having fun and I don't see much of a reason to think this game is going downhill.

There's nothing substantial enough to base all that anger you have off of than yourself, IMO.
  5. snu

check out the bugs section

i love this game more than anything, maybe even more than you, I played ps1 for it's entirety, it's just hard to comprehend the snail-speed that "progress" is being made in.
  6. Typhoeus

Someone's being a negative nancy. It's not perfect but this is by far still my favourite game even after playing since august 2011. Right now there's nothing out there to match it's sheer scale and ambition.

You mention hitting BR80 after two months into launch. That's just unhealthy bud and probably why you burnt out hard. Pace yourself and you'll find the enjoyment you seek. Don't take any game to seriously ;)
    • Up x 2
  7. DirArtillerySupport

Have to say this is by far the most stable game I've come across from the early days of beta and just about every patch since. It crashes no more than before and even less than any other game I've had running on my machines. Currently the odd CTD ..maybe once a week..well ya it's windows and it's probably the most resource intensive game to come along in a long while. It stresses every part of the computer and if any single driver is out of wack this game is sure to expose it.

That said I do my own troubleshooting and quite often I eliminate the offending hardware by swapping it out or at the very least changing the driver or combination of drivers or their settings. Most people don't have the background, patience, money or understanding to even attempt to scratch the surface of their own hardware incompatibilities so it's only natural that all fingers point to the developer.
    • Up x 1
  8. Pikachu

It's a bit funny that harasser feels like the only new addition in the game. After all we also got, flash update, MAX update, pump shotguns, ESRL, NS LMG&carbine, vehicle AA guns. I guess you don't count base updates since they are about fixing stuff not adding stuff.
  9. Pikachu

Time and money to produce games constantly increase. Mainly because we demand better graphics I think, which is what have the least value for a game.
  10. CL4p2p

I'm agree with Op... I first I thought at least we have OMFG , but after the patch the game was instable and had lot of crash, then they made a patch to fix the crash...now the game don't crash but lag again.
    Great Job SoE and Dev you are so great.... you deserv 0$ , not 0,5 not 0,25 ; just 0,000000000$
    • Up x 1
  11. Nocturnal7x

I guess the team was too small and with the layoffs even smaller. They should have optimized the game back in beta, if they had maybe we would have hossin at least by now.
    • Up x 1
  12. AdmiralArcher

i completely agree with the OP, i crash ALOT these days, the day after the OMFG update were the best, but after these hotfixes and stuff i can barely play, 2x XP was a joke because i crashed on login, i really wish they would actually fix the game instead of trying to fix or make new ****, TR and NC weapon models look like crap and so do their sounds, if your going to fix the game then fix it right,

HITCHING HAS YET TO BE FIXED
    • Up x 1
  13. Scatterblak

Sorry. This is the game the whiners wanted. PS2 + Lattice = unstable quake with really big maps.
  14. daniel696

Yeah man, sometimes I go to the test server just to get some hope, seriously.
  15. WyrdHarper

I like the frame stability, but I crash much more frequently after PU01, and annoyed with the bugs that occur with each hotfix (Tank mines broken for a week, woo), and like many pilots I'm quite frustrated with the vehicle physics changes. It's not like they were great before, but now vehicles are less maneuverable, more easy to explode on contact with the ground, and libs and gals sometimes start flipping as soon as they're pulled.

I understand they probably wanted a well-deserved break after OMFG, but failing to acknowledge the major unlisted changes & bugs about which the community has been clamoring is absurd. The QA team seems to have no idea what they're doing where vehicles are involved; given that air and armor are 2/3 of the game, that is simply silly.
  16. AdmiralArcher

tank mines are a mystery, they dont work at all unless you shoot them