New-ish player looking for newbie friendly outfit

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by MechanicalMan, Nov 19, 2013.

1. MechanicalMan

I just started a new character on Waterson and I'm looking for an outfit where I can learn the ropes. Eventually I'd like to focus on piloting air vehicles, but right now I'm happy to just develop basic skills. I'm respectful, I have a mic, I like playing with a team, and I follow directions well.

I'd prefer an outfit that focuses on organized gameplay but has a casual attitude about attendance. An outfit that regularly fields a full platoon would be preferable to an outfit that fields a squad or two. I'd also prefer an outfit with a non-discrimination policy like the one The Purple Wraiths have in their recruitment post.
  2. HythlodayDerpCompany

Hey there MechanicalMan! Welcome to Waterson!

I've read some of your requests, and I think Derp Company can deliver what you're looking for. We have training courses to help you learn those ropes. We also have an Aviation Division that's in need of dedicated pilots! We take our fun and teamwork seriously!

That being said, it doesn't effect our attendance policy. Derp Company is suited for anyone, a "play when you want to" approach while we host events throughout each week. We leave it up to you, the player to decide how much you want to play (because that's really how it is.) We generally front a platoon during our Saturday Ops, you're more than welcome to try us out and jump in our Teamspeak (address: derpcompany.com.)

Also, our non-discrimination policy as it currently stands:

Again, you're more than welcome to visit us in our Teamspeak or read more about Derp Company at derpcompany.com.
  3. RainbowDash9

or theres always the 382nd terran air wing, largest outfit on the server! we're all friendly (although can be strange at times, rather funny) and we're the main outfit that gets things done in alerts. ask anyone in the outfit to send you an invite and you'll be in!
  4. RainbowDash9

(just so you know, this is a cry to join TR, as the VS on this server are all newbs)
  5. DaMann22

My outfit, Quantum Dawn, may not be able to field a full platoon every night. However what we lack in members we certainly make up with quality and experience. We play both casually with no real attendance policy unless you want to be more hardcore in the outfit which we have a competitive division that is very active, 4 nights a week fielding 2 squads. Also we have a very robust gaming community where we play all the latest and greatest among our 200 members (right now we have one of the best World of Tanks community in NA). Lastly we have our gaming podcast "Quantum Dawn War Stories" up and running everyweek in which we discuss all the Planetside 2 goings within our outfit and out as well as interesting things within gaming in general. SOOOOOO, check us out at QuantumDawn.com.
  6. Monkeydmomo

Tell that to Zaps, they'll take you kids to church ;-)
  7. RainbowDash9

against my outfit you ain't nothin!
  8. Monkeydmomo

You're welcome to scrim.
  9. HythlodayDerpCompany

Guys. Thread is about this guy needing an outfit to join, not pee-pee wars.
    • Up x 1
  10. Doppler

Hello

First off let me say welcome.to the game, I hope whatever outfit you join with you have fun.

I can personally recommend Quantum as I've played with them. They are good people. I can't speak directly to Derp but I have never heard any complaints about them.

The sad truth is there are very few Vanu outfits on the server that regularly field up to platoon strength strictly from outfit members and those that do in my experience seldom have anything resmelbing true organization.. Several outfits do run platoons supplimented by non outfit members but the organization of these platoons rest very heavily on the platoon/squad leaders ability to micro manage. This is more or less a direct result to Vanu being outpopped for so long on the server and over an extended period attrition experienced members to other servers or out of the game. But all is not gloom and doom, there are many vanu outfits on the server that through tactics and skill of individual members punch way above our weight class.

My outfit Aegis is formed from the most tactical and teamplay oriented members formerly of VREV(The number 2 Vanu outfit on the server size wise) while we don't have a a hard attendance policy on the books yet we are looking for regular players with a tactical mindset over raw hours played.

Galgimp
    Formerly XO/Co-lead for Vanu Revolution
    Aegis
    BR100
  11. Icemanthemyope2

I second DERP company - no drama queens, real team work, participation in training sessions/outfit platoon is elective, players can focus on what they like the most (infantry, armor or air divisions), special ops evenings. I just joined them recently and have no regrets.