How long is the broken stuff going to stay broken?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pie Chasm, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pie Chasm

Let's go into a spreadsheet and change a single value. Now something that was really bad is now viable. Let's open up an editor and do the same.

That's how easy some of this **** is to fix. It's ridiculous.

That enforcer jokehammer doesn't have to be a joke anymore. You proved that you were capable of fixing these things, even nearly a year in like the jackhammer, so why stop?

How about the lasher? Increase the splash radius, or damage.. or ANYTHING. Anything to make it worth the cost.

The MCG, perhaps not as bad off as the latter, but still poop. All you would have to do is increase the initial RPM to 750 and voila it's not so terrible (it still wouldn't be worth using), or you could make the final RPM something chaingun worthy.

What about pounders? What about falcons? What about things that are either not viable to use in most situations and are trivialized by the 1000 cert/700 sc options?

There are so many good suggestions, not even my own, littering these forums that it's almost a crime that these things go unchanged for so long.

I think time has shown that the proof is in the pudding: the twitter and facebook stunts never were as beneficial to the game as the optimization and double xp weekends.

Please, give people some new stuff to buy. Do yourselves and your players a favor.
    • Up x 2
  2. MrMurdok

The balance pass will arrive right after they'll create 7 cosmetic slots for the Drop Pod and fill them out with brand new content, then re-optimize the game becauwe they did not foresee how this would crash server FPS to the ground.
    • Up x 7
  3. Pie Chasm

Yeah, sadly, you're right and when you're right, you're right.
    • Up x 2
  4. faykid

It'd be great to actually know the insider info about the development process. Not a rant of a disappointed dev, but some facts and state of affairs, the manpower distribution and organization chart, etc. If we knew, we wouldn't be so surprised at this or that decision.

What if the same people who deal with the balance are also the people who do the optimization? And optimization is more complicated than anyone here thinks it is? And until they finish it, they simply can't start the balancing.
    • Up x 2
  5. Tycoh

They've yet to add simple stuff that'd be extremely helpful.

• ADD A DAMNED REAR VIEW MIRROR/CAMERA FOR VEHICLES
    • Rear view for aircraft.
    • Shoulder mounted flashlights for MAXes, the only creatures on auraxis that would actually find the flashlight useful and survive while using them.
    • Flare guns with long lasting light sources for the incoming darker nights
    • Tank gun stabilizers, the VS have them, why can't NC and TR get them?
    • a FREE Default vehicle horn *Desk bash*
    • Pounder has been the most disgusting excuse of a weapon since launch
    • Tanks need to act less like cars and more like tanks. A tank does not stall out and slide down while going up a 45 degree angle. It's usually the earth under it that gives away and the tank slides ontop of a tiny landslide.
    • Tanks need to be heavier, they bounce about like nobodies business.
    • Tanks need proper suspension that keeps the tank from moving like a fixed box on treads. The tiniest bump throws off a drivers aim, which is why most of the armor aces are on VS now.
    • ZOE and lockdown still need to be revised and replaced.
    And a plethora of other things i can't recall due to exhaustion and headache. And to answer your question, things will progress slower than a snail chained to a lead brick, broken things will be subject to bandaid solutions and overall progress will be nill, that is until they go bankrupt or go under new management.
    • Up x 2
  6. Amundsenkalmah

Pounders agree
    Falcons are good just too slow
    Lasher is great WTF
    MCG is great WTF
  7. Pie Chasm

Can you produce a quantitative argument backing those statements up, because I can show the negation(s).
    • Up x 1
  8. Shadowyc

Optimization can be really complicated.
    Balancing is also complicated, as you have to look at everything in that field, and outside of it, and outside of that field.
  9. p1nkbr0

also everything diagonal, and below, and above, and between those fields, too.
  10. Shadowyc

Ooh, even underneath the fields, with a double-checking on an entirely unrelated field that borders on the heretical.
  11. Pie Chasm

It's both funny .. and sad. I guess I ought to stop being dumb and give up too, but my optimism rivals even the strongest mental handicap.
  12. DG-MOD-04

Thank you for the feedback though I am going to lock this one up as non constructive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.