Best CQC Option for TR? Hailstorm, Armistice or NS7?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by kadney, Nov 23, 2013.

1. kadney

I am getting envy after watching all those esl 1337 skilled infailtrators running around picking up single targets with their ubor smgz.:rolleyes:
    http://4.bp.************/-Qju9kYUCV8o/TpEGFWa3jHI/AAAAAAAABjg/jVn35vQ0_ko/s1600/do-want-beaver.jpeg

What's the best deal for TR? Or should I go for the HSR-1 or the SOAS-20?
  2. AnuErebus

For CQC where you're actually fighting enemies the Armistice is a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. It has the best TTK of any TR SMGs by a solid margin and once you learn to use its mag size it's easily the best SMG for close quarters. Hailstorm has a large mag but its damage output is pretty pitiful whereas the NS-7 is designed more for mid-range encounters and you'll get utterly shredded up close.
    • Up x 1
  3. DeathSparx

As a CQC infil myself, I find the shredding power of the armistice to be an auto-buy. TTK up close is really important considering that you have less HP than any other class in the game. Certed out with soft point ammo, extended mags (or adv laser sight), a suppressor, and a sight/scope of your choice.

However, the hailstorm is a decent smg if you want to use it on your other classes since they can make better use of the larger mag since they have a larger health pool but you lose a lot of dps if you give up the armistice and the infiltrator will suffer because of that.
  4. RRRIV

I find the NS a useful smg. though the armistice is a good choice, the NS has really good hip fire for those surprise encounters. have not used the hailstorm so I cannot offer an opinion on that
  5. Topher

If you can aim, Armstice, if you can't, Hailtsorm, a combination of the two, NS-7 with extended mag.
  6. TheRaptorFence101

Armistice for sure, once you get used to the magazine size it becomes a beauty. I roll with an adv laser sight instead of the extended mags, mostly because I found myself often lamenting the spread that it has outside of 10m. But that TTK...o_O just get used to only taking on 1-2 guys at the most at once. Even with an EMP grenade you'll be hard-pressed to not reload with more than that.

Hailstorm's just meh. It's lower RoF and high mag size isn't justifiable if I can't bring down an enemy before he brings me down. Haven't tried the NS-7 except in trial, I think my auto-scout does just fine.
  7. Paperlamp

Just don't get the hailstorm, I'd say choose between PDW for a more versatile weapon, Armistice for close ranges.

SMG balance is an area where the TR get a bit shafted, VS and NC both have considerably better ones(NC especially, IMO the Cyclone needs a nerf). I think the NS weapon is a real contender for that reason.
  8. vulkkan

Armistice. Be a true TR soldier, use the highest RPM firearm in the game.
  9. CNR4806

I use the Hailstorm as an actual PDW (read: last resort when my Lightning can't get things done / got blown up), as well as for very-occasional casual infiltrator play.

From my limited experience as an infiltrator, I can tell you that 60 rounds is simply overkill as I rarely even use half of that to kill someone, and my aim isn't that great to begin with. If you're confident with your aim being decent or better, I'd say stick with the Armistice.
  10. avery649

You sick cowards don't stick up to the true power of the Terran Republic.

Every real TR soldier knows the best CQC weapon ever made.

There is only one choice.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  11. Metalspine

After trialing them all, I went with the Armistice. Because of the RoF it just seems to have more stopping power than the others. Seems most here are in agreement.

I don't really use SMG much, only for small engagements, plays hell on my K/D :)
  12. DeathSparx

Ok. *primes automatic shotgun at your face* ...Come at me bro.

Remember kids, never bring a knife to a gun fight but always bring a gun to a knife fight. xD
    • Up x 2
  13. 0ReferenceException

I own all three SMGs for TR and agree with what most of the above posters said:

- Armistice is perfect for close range ganks and fits perfectly with the Infiltrator game play. TTK is pure win.

- Hailstorm is decent and works better for slightly longer ranges because you can usually spray someone down even at 15-20 meters due to the insane magazine size. But it's neither all that great for CQC and certainly not for mid-range so it's sort of meh.

- NS-7 is nice for close-medium-range battles even if I personally don't enjoy it that much on my Infiltrator. I simply feel too weak in CQC while still not being a true mid-range weapon.

I guess it's mainly up to play style but if you're looking for a tool to kill people quickly (perhaps even silently) then the Armistice is the way to go imo.
  14. OldMaster80

[
    To say briefly: one must be a complete ret****d not to score dozens of kills with an Armistice. Combined with Infiltrator is the no-brain weapon of Planetside 2. It's not versatile because you can't really do much at medium distance and you lack ammo to kill more than 1 at time, but when you get your target they don't have the time to say "Oh s**t!".

Since I consider that a weapon for complete noobs, I'd rather use scout rifles or semi-auto sniper rifles.
    • Up x 1
  15. Cromell

At first I used Armistice - it's a good SMG and I like it a lot. But when I had a chance to grab NS7 on sale, boy, I fell in love. Because of it I started using Infiltrator a lot more, and with greater success.
  16. ZillFattak

Mean, but accurate.
    Imo for TR it's either the Armistice for close quarter mayhem or the PDW for close to medium range. With the latter I get more of an "soldier with cloak" feeling than with all other infiltrator weapons. Feels interesting enough to occasionally use it.
    Don't like the Failstorm. For me it's a bad weapon.
  17. DarkInnocence

Well, I just picked up the Armistice 3 days ago and it has already become the weapon I score the most with. The first gun I got was the HSR-1 and I have been using it for a really long time and if you like a challenge in your game, it is a really good weapon to use. However, if you really like K/D or just want to kill everything ( which is pretty much you ) get Armistice. I have been extremely successful with it and I am not at all good at FPS's at all. I really suggest you get the Armistice. While I have not gotten the other SMGs ( why would I :p ), I trialed them and I think that the Armistice is the best of them all.
  18. ZeroErrorz

the thing about smg infil,THEY ARE GOD, as long u know how to get around away, best AI class imo
  19. Stinneyt

I bought the hailstorm and loved it. Then I came to the forums and heard the armistice was much better. So I tried it.
    much better is an understatement. Its awesome.
    If you're only going to get one, get the armistice.
  20. LownWolfe

I saw a guy say once, its a choice of the farmistice or the failstorm.