Nice optimisation SOE

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Renko, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Renko

Seriously, one month for this ?

- High GPU temp
    - Crashes every 5 min
    - Hard to log in
    - Having to launch the game several times before getting it stable
    - Unreadable players names
    - Awful LAG
    - Desync while changing place with someone in a Lib

All these problems didn't exist before your f*****g optimisation ...
    I'm level 99, and I don't find the strenght anymore to play this game.
    There was some lack of content, but it was cool to play it. Now it just get me mad, and doesn't even make sense for me to launch it, since I know I can't barely play 15 min in an hour.
    And you reported all you others features for THIS ?
    You lost a premium user, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I'm not someone who like to whine, but your game now look like a pre-Beta ...

And for those who will say "upgrade your PC", it's an 8 core, 8gb DDR5, SSD, HD6990
    PS2 was running smoothly a month ago ...
    • Up x 4
  2. Scure

Whats the connection between the Performance update and High GPU temp? Maybe you have higher GPU temp, because the game utilizes your PC better. Isnt this a good thing?

They finally started to optimise this game and everyone started to cry. Before, everyone cried because of the performance. When the performance update was on test server everyone cried for the live version. Now, we are here. Seriously...
    • Up x 1
  3. Renko

I've never cried about performances. Now I can't even launch the game sometimes.
    Read the General Technical Support threads, you'll see I'm not the only one.

"Maybe you have higher GPU temp, because the game utilizes your PC better. Isnt this a good thing?"

So please explain me why I get less FPS ?

"They finally started to optimise this game and everyone started to cry"

Maybe because it's not an optimisation, but a ******* joke ?

Seriously ...
  4. RobotNinja

But hey...they're OPTIMIZED crashes!

You've got a high grade gaming PC and the game was working fine before the latest round of patches? Sounds like a problem with your computer.
  5. Renko

I don't any problems with any others games, and there are many people I know who have the same problems as me.
    Games constantly crash, freeze, lag, and bug. Didn't have any problems before their "optimisation".
    I've tried everything. My PC is up2date, clean, etc ..
  6. TomoB

That's odd, I can log in without problems and I played total of 6 hours yesterday without single crash and temps are the same. Performance on the other hand seem to be a bit degraded a bit since launch of PU1 but maybe that's because of dblXP and more people online. Or hotfixes slowly breaking the game...
  7. ironeddie

I'm confused as to how the game is worse for some people post optimisation. I've seen an increase in fps. The games running great & the only problems I've had recently is the server lag the EU servers have faced recently. But that's not an issue caused my optimisation.

Just seems odd that optimisation has helped so many & also ****** over a few people.
  8. Flavo

Oh my, and here I thought that DDR4 had only just become available for Haswell-E chipsets. Does your dad work for DDR?
    • Up x 2
  9. Noppa

- High GPU temp <-- higher GPU usage = higher gpu temps, makes sense dosnt it?
    - Crashes every 5 min <--- More like once every 3-5hours
    - Hard to log in <--- Not rly, just longer realod times.
    - Having to launch the game several times before getting it stable <---- Yeah some lag issues with the client that mostly go away after relog.
    - Unreadable players names <--- Nope, not here..
    - Awful LAG <--- thats true, been lagging alot lately.
    - Desync while changing place with someone in a Lib <---- Nope, still get the loading screen thought 90% of the time.

And for those who will say "upgrade your PC", it's an 8 core, 8gb DDR5, SSD, HD6990
    PS2 was running smoothly a month ago <---- Yeah well AMD is AMD, Crossfire still dosnt work that great and the game is running hell of alot better than it was before, i think the minimum FPS i have had after the patch is something like 50 @ ultra graphics, before it was 30fps(and i rly mean the minimun on massive fights).
    • Up x 1
  10. Renko

My bad, I've seen my mistake after I posted, and I can't edit.
    Thanks for your constructive feedback... it was really helpful.

So you know better than me what problems I got ? Amazing !

- Crashes every 5 min <--- More like once every 3-5hours => No, like all 5 mins ...
    - Hard to log in <--- Not rly, just longer realod times. => Don't talk about longer load times, just talk about INFINITE load times ...
    - Having to launch the game several times before getting it stable <---- Yeah some lag issues with the client that mostly go away after relog. => Yeah after 4 /5 reloads
    - Unreadable players names <--- Nope, not here..
    - Awful LAG <--- thats true, been lagging alot lately.
    - Desync while changing place with someone in a Lib <---- Nope, still get the loading screen thought 90% of the time. => I don't talk about loading screens (which are still awful) but about a Desync, which makes the Dalton shaking ...

Now, I'm also amazed by the community ...
  11. TomoB

Game ran amazingly well for me too right after PU1 so that I was able to up some settings even in big battles without fps suffering but now it becomes very choppy at times and lowering settings don't seem to help at all so I'm not sure if it's because of servers or what. That I can say it's not lag but pure low fps.
  12. vulcan78

As with many of us, your'e under the impression that SOE actually optimized PS2 for the PC, what they have actually done is made a Playstation 4 port with an auxiliary benefit going to those within the PC community that have a PC similarly configured, i.e. with a single AMD GPU.

SLI or X-Fire (6990 HD is essentially 6990 X-Fire)?

Too bad.

Like PhysX/GPU Particles?

Too bad.

"Thanks for paying to test the PS4 Beta!"

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...when-will-sli-and-physx-be-functional.158394/
  13. Serpent808

@ Renko,

Quote:
    "Seriously, one month for this ?

- High GPU temp
    - Crashes every 5 min
    - Hard to log in
    - Having to launch the game several times before getting it stable
    - Unreadable players names
    - Awful LAG
    - Desync while changing place with someone in a Lib

All these problems didn't exist before your f*****g optimisation ...
    I'm level 99, and I don't find the strenght anymore to play this game.
    There was some lack of content, but it was cool to play it. Now it just get me mad, and doesn't even make sense for me to launch it, since I know I can't barely play 15 min in an hour.
    And you reported all you others features for THIS ?
    You lost a premium user, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I'm not someone who like to whine, but your game now look like a pre-Beta ...

PS2 was running smoothly a month ago ... "

High GPU Temperature could equate to higher GPU Loads. Meaning that the GPU does more work to process commands and push out graphics. In order to make the game less CPU bound, PS2 Devs push some of the work onto the GPUs. So this means more commands to process, by the GPU, to push out the same or better FPS and graphics. Workload goes up, temperatures go up with it as a result of that tweak.

@ 8GBs DDR5, this is not correct. One, this isn't system Ram. Second thing, this 8 GBs DDR5 isn't added up to your Ram Sticks on your Motherboard.

There is absolutely no setup on the market that uses System Ram at DDR5. All motherboards, on the market, only have support for DDR3 only. The upcoming Z97 aka Intel Broadwell and possibly Haswell-E, will have support for DDR4 Ram Sticks.

This DDR5 you're referring too is Video Ram (VRam). AMD 6990 Series, in CrossfireX, dedicated VRam isn't the sum of both cards. It's 2 GBs dedicated to a single GPU. You have 2 GPUs on each graphic card, for a total of 4 GBs. That's how it works. This 4 GBs VRam doesn't add up to System Ram, and your setup doesn't mean you have 8 GBs VRam because you have two 6990s in CrossfireX.

For CrossfireX, images are displayed in AFR 1. GPU 1 renders the first frame, GPU 2 renders the upcoming frame, GPU 3 renders the upcoming frame after GPU2, and GPU 4 tries to render an upcoming frame after GPU 3. So all 4 GPUs store the image of each of those frames in their 2 GB Frame Buffer. When GPU 1 sends it's frame to the monitor, Frame 2 from GPU 2 goes up to GPU 1, and so on. Eventually, the issue why GPU 4 might render a frame or not, becomes present. By the time it's being transferred up to GPU 1, the image might be an old image, and the CPU is telling the 4 GPUs it needs to produce new, updated version of the image. This is part of the reason why Quad-FireX or 4-way SLI is more for benching, and less for gaming.

System Ram is for the CPU, VRam is for the GPU. They are separate buffers. VRam is dedicated buffer to produces Frames or images from the GPU, System Ram is dedicated Ram for processing information needed by the CPU and others on the motherboard.

The part where you are crashing every 5 minutes could be from the fact that maybe not have enough System Ram on the motherboard. I'm talking about the Ram Sticks on your motherboard. You're probably using 8 GBs System Ram, DDR3. You need over 8.5GBs to sustain the game now. The game now runs in between 8.5 GBs and 9.7 GBs, depending on your settings. So a 12 GB DDR3 Ram kit would be enough. It's 8.5 GBs total. This includes the PS2-client, Windows OS, whatever Anti-Virus Program you got running in the background, other things like Razer-Boost or whatever processes you have up. Otherwise, you're going to experience a lot of crashes because the CPU doesn't have enough memory storage to write and hold information during the game.
  14. lambusado

You see my system?
    Yeah, that ****** laptop system. It has no problems with the game after the Optimisation, so it might be a you problem.
    Game launches fine to me, a bit slow, but fine.
    I do not lag. Only when I log in after a few hours at the PC but not that much.
    I played for over 5 hours without my cooling system the other day and my GPU did not go over 70ºc (It's a lot but not that much for this laptop)
    and that Dsync is because you have to load everything the other guy loaded, if it desyncs it might be you internet connection or your reception, or even you RAM.
  15. Bruiserdog

I'm fine with everything except the crashes that happen a lot, to the point where pulling a vehicle or aircraft gets you thinking, "Am I gonna crash within the next couple minutes?"

I do not know what causes it, its happened in large battles or just in a random area by myself. Everything running fine then all of a sudden I will get freeze then straight to desktop or "Server has disconnected you" notice.

Can we get the "If you crash or log off, you come back to game with vehicle/aircraft/max?" Now before you think people will abuse this, actually not, if a program is written to where you haven't taken aggression for a least 60 seconds you can spawn at warpgate with vehicle/aircraft/max for when you next log in.
    -Just really sucks with these crashes to lose resources for nothing.
  16. Serpent808

[IMG]

Look at this picture up above, Renko. This is a screenshot I took, with the Beta Version MSI AB this past Thursday or Friday, 11/24 to 11/25. DPSO, I think Jenk, T42, SVC, and others stormed Kwahtee Amp Station during a Power Station Alert (Grab all Amp Stations). We either took it from the NC or TR. I forget exactly who, but the VS won the alert on Connery. Look at the Red OSD on the top-middle part of my screen. You'll see 3 percentages. That's the load of each GPU since, now I have Tri-Fire R9-290x. GPU loads were changing on the fly. Look at the MEM2 1250 MHZ, 3395 MBs. This line right here tells me that my memory frequency for all three R9s, is 1250 Mhz each, and the total amount of VRam allocated for each of those cards. 1/3(3395 MBs) = 1131.5 MBs each Graphic Card. So each GPU is producing frames on the buffer, and is using only 1131.5 MBs each for frames. All three mirror one another. Look at the line below D3D9. It say Sys-RAM. That's the amount of ram used by the CPU on your motherboard. 9705 MB!!!! This supports my point earlier that you need to get a 12GB kit if you have insufficient Ram. If your system isn't pushing this amount of ram, you're not going to be able to play the game. Period. End of story. The RAM below Sys-Ram is the Page-file Size. The Page-file Size is almost 12GBs, and this goes to your Storage Drive. This isn't 12 GBs from the Ram Modules.

Screenshot was taken during the alert. Settings in game are set to Ultra with Motion Blur off. In the 13.11 v9.2 Beta AMD Driver, MLAA was enabled during this time, and I was getting a lot of video-jerking with MLAA on.
  17. Gary

I stopped Subscribing a couple of months back - Lack of real content and just pumping our weapons to sell with cosmetics and then they totally abandoned all content updates once they finally admitted that the game had performance issues.

This combined with Hossin being delayed with still no expected date going on 12 months after release which was originally slated for 6 months, It got delayed to 8 I called it then that we would not see it till after 1 year of release and hey presto a month or so later "development halted"

Their inability to hastily balance the game and what they implement - See ZOE (finally after months of the current state rumors of a balance pass being made on the ZOE (not just this issue though still many others) )

Basically until they can prove they deserve my Subscription they will not receive it, I specifically allow myself 1 Subscription for a game to be set up, For a while now CCP have earned it.
  18. Noppa

A bit overkill system for this game since everyone knows the game doesn´t rly support crossfire/sli that good(like ur setup proves 34/0/0%)... even on my setup and on ultra graphics the gpu usage dosnt hit 100% at any point.

U must be the one who has memory leak issues, my PS2 hardly takes 5gb system memory and around 1/3 of my gpu memory(around the same as yours do).

i dont even wanna know how loud those r9 are since ur temps are 94c(on the point of throttling), but well not my problem we all know they run hot as hell with the stock cooler.

Nice setup thought.. :p
  19. f0d

wow
    i have afterburner too and my system ram barely goes above 4gb usage while playing and i had zero pagefile usage because i turned that off because i have 16gb of ram and i have never come close to needing a pagefile

im not saying anything at all here, im just amazed at how completely different our usage is to each other
    • Up x 1
  20. Serpent808

@ Noppa,

"A bit overkill system for this game since everyone knows the game doesn´t rly support crossfire/sli that good(like ur setup proves 34/0/0%)... even on my setup and on ultra graphics the gpu usage dosnt hit 100% at any point.

U must be the one who has memory leak issues, my PS2 hardly takes 5gb system memory and around 1/3 of my gpu memory(around the same as yours do).

i dont even wanna know how loud those r9 are since ur temps are 94c(on the point of throttling), but well not my problem we all know they run hot as hell with the stock cooler.

Nice setup thought.. :p."

System was originally designed to be a workstation/coding setup, but I've used it more for gaming on the side.

The loads were changing at the time. They all changed from 100% to 0%. Ultra Low Power State (ULPS) doesn't force them all to be at 100% loads at 100% up time. CrossfireX does work, but loads will start to throttle... R9--290x is a little Overkill for the game, and I plan to future-proof my rig for Star Citizens. In the PTS, OMFG-PU1 would actually have 100% up time while showing over 100 FPS. Highet FPS on a 100+ fight was 80 FPS with MLAA enabled. If I disabled ULPS in that instance of time in that picture, then the loads will hit 99% s on your setup.

Well the MSI Afterburner is a beta version. I don't know if the System Ram usage is completely accurate in real time. I haven't checked. This MSI AB was reading my VRam usage on BF4 with two R9-290x at over 3000 MB per GPU, allocated VRam usage. That's Ultra Settings and 4xMSAA. Again, with MLAA enabled...

I have the target temperature set to 89 degs C, and the R9's fans don't really make that whining noise until they rev up past 60%, but it rarely happens. I've got a lot of high rev radiator fans running, so it makes the R9's sound like they aren't even there...