HURRY! $5 Off SOE Game Cards Ends SUNDAY!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Ashlanne SOE Community Team Project Manager

[IMG]

Sunday November 24th 2013 is the last to purchase and receive $5 off on either a $15 SOE or a $15 PlanetSide 2 Game Card from any participating U.S. GameStop!

Don’t miss this opportunity to get a head start on your holiday shopping by taking a trip to your local GameStop! Grab a card for that special gamer in your life or hide it away for your own stocking!

*Offer valid from store opening on November 4, 2013, through store closing November 24, 2013, while supplies last.

**SOE and PlanetSide 2 Game Cards can only be used by US PC Players.
  2. R3dBeaver

Not applicable anywhere in Canada, regardless what the poster said.

I checked with EB Games and GameStop managers in Ottawa (Canada's capital) and they confirmed none of Canadian stores are participating.
  3. GeminiSol

Went to EB Games: Had $10 in my hand. All excited. Get the card, put it on the counter. Guy says ''I have nothing here saying its $10''. Try connecting to wi-fi, takes 20 minutes. Show him my email. ''Its for the U.S Only''. Leave, Get $3 for the bus. Wait 15 minutes for the bus. Get on. Go to EB games, get the card. Wait an hour in the freezing cold for a bus. Go home. Buy the viper helmet. I have learned my lesson, Always read the damn emails first.
    • Up x 1
  4. Wardark

I wouldn't buy anything from gamestop even if it was the last planetside only store on earth.
  5. DocCruel

Too bad. They have a great sale on old DS games going on now. Buy 2 used games and get a third free. Most of the games are real cheap too.

Got two of those $10 SOE cards too, and stuck them in my drawer. Now I wait till December and hope I get a double station cash day as a Christmas present.
  6. BraSS

When this first was announced I swear it said Gamestop US and EB Games Canada... Went to an EB games in Toronto put card on the counter... Nope its $15 ... Walked out without buying, Spend my cash on something else.
  7. Slib

I received two emails about this, and both clearly stated it was for both the US and Canada.
    I went in and showed them the ad after they told me they weren't told of the promotion.
    I went back in a few days later to see if they had gotten their sh*t together (I was an EB Games manager for a couple years, I know how much of a sh*tshow that company is first hand), and the manager said something along the lines of the Canadian distributor didn't agree to the promotion, or some such thing.

Sucky for us, but, whatever.
  8. Xelsia

When do we get something like this for Briggs players?
    Game companies always seem to ignore their oceanic players when it comes to promos like this. We're people too, location shouldn't matter in a digital world like this. Why don't you just shave $5 off buying $15 worth of SC in the ingame store? Is that too much to ask for?
  9. Broko

SOE community support crappy as always.
  10. ruan

How about something for the rest of the world, or don't we count?