Do you feel attached to your characters?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Poorform, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Poorform

I made FreedomSandwhich in Dec 2012 and I never thought for one second I'd actually care about a character that has virtually zero customization and doesn't even have a consistent look due to on the fly class changes...but yet here I am thinking I could never play another character because it would just feel wrong.
    • Up x 1
  2. DJPenguin

Attached in the sense that i don't feel like leveling up another character. Bring on the faction transfer tokens.
    • Up x 2
  3. RHINO_Mk.II

You betta not!
    • Up x 2
  4. DJPenguin

This faction is beyond boring anymore. You know it and i know it.
    • Up x 1
  5. SenEvason

Only because having to level up a character on another server is a pain.
  6. WaaWaa

Started out solo, joined TENC, stayed on this character for TENC plus my commitment to the NC from Planetside 1. Years of being an underdog engrained into my skull.
  7. Goretzu

A bit, but not like in PS1 or in another other MMO. Mostly because 1 toon can do everything for that faction, makes them feel less like a character and more just like a faction to me.
  8. Pikachu

At first I red "attracted".
    • Up x 2
  9. CL4p2p

A bit because of all the certs I spent and my stats ( Imma vehicule distructor \o/) but not as much as a char on WOW or other MMO... it is just a Fps and a character could play all class , it's not like a Rpg where 1 char = 1 class. So not really, that will just p--- me off if I loose all my upgrade...
  10. CptFirelord

Seeing how I first suggested that idea to SOE in a letter a month before the Roadmap rolled out... I second this notion. +1, can't wait to swap to easymode VS and troll around with my ZOE MAX.
  11. Shadowyc

Not really. I lost the ability to feel attached to things.
  12. daniel696

Course not, I can't even see it.
  13. NinjaTurtle

Know how you feel, I'd defect to VS if I were given the choice.

As it stands I'll stick with this gimped faction
  14. Sen7rygun

It's like theres an umbilical cord that comes straight out of my lady parts and plugs into my router then goes all the way to the Briggs server and nourishes my little red soldier...
    • Up x 1
  15. Tekuila

No attachment whatsoever too any of my toons.
  16. nooblet91698

You just need to find the right character and server. I had a TR character in June, got him up to BR30, then deleted him. Also deleted the BR10 VS and BR10 NC along with him. I started with another VS, hoping to be my main, and now I play him everyday, plus my other alts once in a while.
  17. pnkdth

No, my attachment is to my outfit. If they decide to play NC or TR tomorrow, I will follow.
  18. Kunavi

This ALWAYS happens. ALWAYS. I can't even make Alts on TorchLight2 or TSW because of this... It took me YEARS to finally give in and make a Crafter in UO FFS. Soul-Stones felt like a slap in the face after that! Combined with my tendency to pick the weakest, least populated or least liked Class/Faction/Skill/ETC this can be very frustrating.

Alts I've made on PS2 are more experimentation subjects than anything else, quite needed admittedly.
    • Up x 1
  19. ironeddie

Played VS in beta. Had one vs character since launch. I'm quite proud of my char. Attached to it because of the certs I've out in & the memories created through playing that one character.
  20. DrageonPL

I really feel attached to my TR character and I can't really play the VS or the NC because every time I do I feel very wrong, I also like to roleplay a lil bit with my character so that might be why, but in my opinion, if you are not able to immerse yourself into the game and not be attached to something then you will lose interest in that particular game fairly quickly. That's just my opinion though.