Best class...the MAX

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ximaster, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Meeka

There are a couple level BR100 VS users who upon encountering any infantry whatsoever immediately pull a VS ZOE MAX (even if its 1v1) and claim themselves to be skilled... which is funny, because the same guys who killed me wearing a MAX suit three times kept gloating... completely forgetting that the previous engagement I destroy them as infantry when they had no MAX resources, I destroyed every tank they pulled, and I destroyed every piece of air they pulled... I just thought it was funny. I generally prefer to put my infantry resources into restore kits... MAXes are only for dire situations where I'm outnumbered, at least 5-1.
    • Up x 3
  2. Snoozzzer

"Even in death I still serve"
    - Dreadnought
  3. TheBlindFreak

SHHHHHhhhhh

Nobody tell him that maxes are not a class.
    • Up x 1
  4. SquattingPig

It's mostly a ZOE thing. I played a brand new VS character last week, got the first level of ZOE, a 250cert AI gun, and the first level of repair. Basically you can play it like a heavily buffed heavy assault.
  5. MilitiaMan

A VS.....Good with a MAX?

• Up x 1
  6. Ximaster

And the killer for cryers like u.
  7. John_Aitc

I agree with the OP's premise. If you find a 1v1, 1v2, 2v1 fight, those can be great fun. Dueling for a base can be very good. In those situations, I will never pull a Max unless I see a Max. I would rather switch to CQC Infiltrator or to a HA and try and fight it out.
  8. jak

We've had our 6 months of OP MAX time. NC got theirs at release. The TR OP MAX should be any day now, along with a ZOE nerf.
  9. Odin

Would love the developers (higby) to actually post the max stats now, from the introduction of Zoe till now. It would be the laughing stock of proper balance in a game. How this crap has gone on this long is laughable and I guarantee they will never post the stats because of how ridiculous it will look to the 2/3 of the playerbase that know how screwed up zoe is. Endless zoe spam is all you get now in every fight. our group starts a nice fight every time (infantry etc) and as soon as the vs is even close to losing 2/3 of the vanu switch to zoe and its a guaranteed win. The devs will kill this game eventually not because of performance but because of stupid **** like zoe.
    • Up x 2
  10. TheBloodEagle

ZOE

[IMG]

Honestly haven't played much MAX except to protect a Sundy from ESF's once in a while. But it's awe inspiring to see and hear the TR MAX with lockdown chainguns firing.
    • Up x 1
  11. Crackulous

I thought Cosmos were more accurate than Blueshifts in the past?
  12. SocratesEverywhere

People constantly denigrate NC MAXes. Yet, I remember a thread not long ago in which people stated they felt NC MAXes were the hardest to kill. Of course, it's an arguable point, but...

1. Hardest MAX to kill (debatable)
    2. Hardest Hitting MAX in Close Quarters (debatable)
    3. Can extend its effective range with slug ammo (debatable)

I'm not convinced NC MAXes are as bad as NC players make them out to be or that ZOE MAXes are lightyears above all other MAXes.
  13. Roll Fizzlebeef

I'm not a BR100... but what if I pull a MAX in every opportunity possible for the simple sport of Auraxium hunting?
  14. DrageonPL

I only came back to this game now since beta and I have no clue what a ZOE max is however, if its true of what you are speaking in this thread then I have an answer as to why the VS win every alert on Woodman.
  15. RobotNinja

Uh...when have you used MAX?
    https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428130184563012257/killboard
  16. Craftyman

Come to Connery, where its NC infantry versus legions and legions of ZOE MAXes. The NC MAX is only good for defending. ZOE MAXes can go outside and be just as effective on defense as offense. NC MAXes must camp corners to be effective. Slug ammo is absolute garbage.
    • Up x 3
  17. RobotNinja

The NC MAX is not the hardest hitting MAX in close quarters. It might be the hardest hitting MAX in EXTREMELY close quarters, that being less than 10m.

And this was before they dropped a couple more nerfs on the NC MAX. Yeesh. NC MAX gets owned at over 10m every time.
  18. Bill Hicks

Don't lie, you use the phoenix indoors like a pro.
  19. The Shermanator

I don't cry when I see a MAX. I acknowledge that they are part of the game; a crutch for bads, to be exact. They do not fulfill a specific role aside from just being better infantry.

An argument can be made for the NC max since its weapons capabilities and supporting abilities place it squarely in an intended role as a breacher and defensive bulwark. But the TR and VS MAX do these just as well and don't have any of the limitations that the NC MAX does.
    • Up x 1
  20. RHINO_Mk.II

I would if it didn't have gawdawful acceleration and starting velocity. It takes almost a second to reach the velocity of a dumbfire.