The game is currently down for scheduled patching.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Diplocaulus, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Diplocaulus

"Status: 11/19/2013 5:59 PST - The game is currently down for scheduled patching."

Scheduled????

Thanks for the heads up. :confused:
    • Up x 1
  2. Scatterblak

Ah, I understand. This is some new use of the word 'scheduled' that I wasn't previously aware of.
    • Up x 2
  3. Diplocaulus

Suggestion to SOE: If you have advanced information on upcoming maintenance that will affect game play for all users, this forum is a great place to post that information--in advance. ;)
    • Up x 1
  4. VXMorte

Scheduled : included in or planned according to a schedule.
    Guess someone doesn't understand words or forgot to post it somewhere relevant, like their own forums.

Hopefully its not down for too long, and maybe its relevant to the double xp.
  5. Sliced

I would guess it's on some other website, like Twitter / Reddit or others. However when it comes to their own forum it's no where to be found.
    I would love to know what they are updating, but it will probably be on the forums in 2-3 days.
  6. Lazaruz

They probably posted a notice about the maintenance in a San Diego newspaper. It's not their fault we didn't read it.
    • Up x 1
  7. pirron

PU02?...
  8. TheAppl3

Scheduled =/= announced.
  9. Ttariel

HALF LIFE 3

no really i think it will be some server fixes......half life ....darling.
  10. VXMorte

• Up x 1
  11. lambusado

Scheduled in their side.
    So it is true and we just do not know it.
  12. Diplocaulus

Zen koan: If maintenance is scheduled and nobody hears it, does it bring the servers down?
    • Up x 2
  13. TomoB

They should add same kind of server up/down panel like on top of these forums to the launcher so that we could immediately see the status of servers and not wonder why it isn't working etc. Current server list behind the spanner button is more or less useless.
  14. Diplocaulus

I just wish SOE would give advance notice of scheduled server outages, especially those exceeding 2 hours (like this one has thus far).
  15. Zombekas

Scheduled means planned, that doesn't necessarily mean they have to announce it. For all you know, they could have a scheduled meeting with your mum, you just don't know about it.