Sensor darts need a nerf or a counter.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Snowfake, Nov 14, 2013.

1. EViLMinD

PLEASE teach this to the Waterson NC. The vast majority of the useless wastes of space who play as Infiltrators have yet to figure this out. Even after we chew out these dingbats in proxy/plt chat for failing the team - they still don't clue in.

It's baffling. The bloody things are so beneficial to any and every ground op; plus, they give experience for every enemy that dies inside the dart's radius.

Don't worry about Waterson NC abusing recon darts. We have too high a moron population for those things to EVER be op. Our enemies can just assume that 75% of the time we're radar blind. TR and VS LAs are free fly their c4 onto our vehicles with ease.
    • Up x 3
  2. Meeka

.... Don't worry, when the implants come there will be an "invisible to radar" implant, for sure.
    • Up x 1
  3. eufie

Yes. Darts are quite salient now on the minimap, so it was expected that someone will eventually come out and complain how "OP" the tool is, even though the usage frequency far pales the Med-tool or Rep-tool. The ability to see what the dart sees from up to 150m out (which I was not aware it was capped at 50m) was a great change.
  4. Admiralty

I suggest: Anti-sensor dart-darts.

Any area of the ASDD which is also covered by the SD is negated by its effects, usable by every class but infiltrator.

-Such a stupid idea, I know
  5. Astraka

I try my best to provide our forces with constant Radar, but I'm only one man. I can't be everywhere at once. Of course it's not just a Recon Dart issue... I have problems most of the time with getting Waterson NC to heal me, revive me, and supply me with ammo as well.
  6. RobotNinja

Actually, Infiltrator radar darts can be destroyed.
  7. eufie

Not really. It allows an Infiltrator to specialize in counter-intelligence by removing valuable information from the enemy minimap.
  8. Kugelfisch

They are hardly usefull uncerted, though. Few darts, slow pulse, short lifetime and bad range.
    Uncerted it's 25 meters and 20 seconds life, I believe; fully certed it's 50 meters, three more darts, 1,25 seconds faster pulse and 45 second lifetime.
    Quite the difference.
  9. Astraka

So I've learned. Not by any reasonable method that is likely to be employed, but it's nice to know regardless.
  10. Axehilt

To be fair, it's a bit much to claim they "clearly show" on your minimap. Those icons do a terrible job communicating whether you're up against 50m RADAR or 35m RADAR (or whatever the range is; but it's a big range and the icons don't communicate the radius at all.)
  11. HadesR

It's a small range compared to the invisible vehicle radar who's info is easily communicated via prox / voice chat / /re ..
  12. eufie

Actually, the recent changes actually show the pulses of varying sizes. I have yet to confirm if the pulse radius is congruent to the actual coverage radius. I'll do my investigation this weekend.
  13. eufie

Have to correct you here. You can have 10 people spam a dart in one area, but only one of those players will get that motion detection bonus following a kill. Not to mention it has to be active (delivered a pulse, which is not conveyed on the minimap accurately) at the time of the kill.
  14. Bill Hicks

I love it when the enemy has darts on me. I will run around then stop and wait for them to investigate. THEN MURDER THEM
  15. SpaceKing

You can lasher them to death I think.
    seriously get pics of that
  16. Sen7ryGun84

This should be used to finish off sentences and paragraphs far more often.

"Hey honey I'm just walking down to the corner shop to grab some milk and eggs. THEN MURDER THEM."
  17. Benton!

Everything need a nerf or counter, doesn't it?

Well, it does...if you suck...
  18. Axehilt

Don't really feel like there's a huge issue with dart balance at the moment, although the system isn't elegant right now.

Some fun ideas...
    1. Recon Dart radius is 50m at all ranks (allowing the minimap overlay to accurately show the radius.) Cert ranks just increase dart capacity (total cert cost to max remains the same, but the number of cert ranks probably reduced by 1-2.)
    2. (new tool slot opiton) Jammer Darts. Shot like recon darts, enemies in the 100m radius have their radar jammed (no red blips from RADAR, proximity, audio, etc.) Jammer and recon darts cancel each other out (recon darts don't provide radar benefit to a jammed player, but allow regular blips to occur within the radius (proximity, noise, spotting))
    3. Bolt action sniper rifle hits automatically spot targets. (Reduces the need for a sniper to spot normally, which can give away their position.)
    4. (new ability slot option) Shroud Cloaking. An ECM generator passively prevents the infiltrator and allies within its radius from being detected by enemy RADAR at all times. Also functions as a cloaking device but only has 75% of the cloak capacity of regular cloaking. Cert ranks slightly improve the radius (40/43/46/48/50m), and slightly improve cloak regen (5/10/15/20/25%)
  19. faykid

ok, lets do it!

sensor darts now cost resources. you cannot replenish them from an ammo pack. active sensor darts can be jammed and destroyed.

and while we are at it: HA resist shield should also cost resources, a flat amount for each activation + duration factor.

and since we are talking about abilities, we should definately nerf the engineer and medic tools. you can only use them while standing still, and those can be jammed too.

oh! and let's nerf AI MANA turrets as well! reduce the size of the guard shield, make it opaque with just a little slit to look through, and limit the fire angle to 20 degrees!

also, Q-spotting should be limited to 20 m

and the spotted target will only visible to people within 20 m radius of it

and then, i hope, the game will become challenging enough to please people like you
    • Up x 1
  20. Trebb

I may lack cunning, but I sure as hell use patients to out maneuver my foes:

"Hey I healed you up, go around that corner!"
    *watch as teammate dies again, I kill his killer while he reloads, then revive my patient again

/thanks doc, I think