Better FPS... but a lot more crashes.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by haldolium, Nov 13, 2013.

1. haldolium

Most of the time I change into something that (apparently) has heavy load fighting wise/content wise (e.g. going from one end of the continent to the other via spawn menu, or even trying to get into a biolab I just flew over) the game crashes.

It has become way more unstable for me. In fact, before it ran like **** but I could count the crashes for my entire playtime on one hand... now it crashes on an almost regular basis.

That is excluding the loading issues me and a lot of other EU players encounter.
    • Up x 4
  2. Korban

Aye, I can agree to that.
  3. SirNinja

Same here, I hope the devs are going to do something about it.
  4. LibertyRevolution

Yeah, after this patch the game crashed so hard it completely locked up my entire computer, I had to hard restart.
    I have never had that happen before, and I been playing since December, with about 1800hours logged in.

I normally have 6+ hour session times, I had no issues other than the constant crash on exit before this patch.

That hard crash happened in VR training while pretty much alone, just driving around in a magrider of all things.
  5. Dalt Wisney

Same here - before: constant crash on exit only, now: crashes between 1 - 3 times / hour.
    And - bring back the old scythe - the new one is totally ugly.
  6. Croft

Last time this happened (My game crashing every 5 minutes) was on february April, it took SOE months to fix it.

And now is back, i cant get near any +50 fight because it will crash always.

What is worse is that there are many treads in this forum from people complaining about crashes that the new patch introduced, yet we get no response from SOE. I just want to know if they are aware that the game is unplayable to many (Though not enought to be noticeable i guess) i tried the pts and i got better fps, but i also noticed that it crashed sometimes, even when i was all by myself in the region.

I have been playing since november last year, i know is not my pc since the only time it crashed constantly was after some update in february April, it took them a coupe of months to fix it, but at least they did it, I just dont want to wait another two months to be able to play the game.
  7. Findric

Yeah, I am getting constant crashes now post patch. My gut feel is that by now SOE is aware of it and hopefully we will get a fix soon. At least I hope :)
  8. Kalashar

+1 Smoother play in some circumstances (moderate/heavy lag), but about 6 crashes in 2 hours tonight.
    Seems to be related to sound. Turned number of voices way down, but tough to play deaf.
  9. Yaj

*I get higher frame rates as well, "BUT" I'm also getting lag-spikes and stutter like crazy as well. And game is crashing non-stop and or no-response (game freezes).
  10. Eleo

Very good overall improvement here, but game is locking up like every ten minutes and I have to kill the process. I cant tell if the game really crashed but I dont feel like staring 15 minutes at my screen to see if it eventualy unlock.

Pretty frustrating cause the game is really smooth now, i dont even experience stutter anymore.
  11. PastalavistaBB

This video shows the exact same problems I encountered during those last few days:

12. Korban

I did not encounter the problems that you've experienced but i've encountered others that you may or may not have in the past few days.
  13. Gustavo M

I'm also having the same issues as you, OP.
  14. senorblanco

crashing every 10min. validated assets still having problems
  15. Nhoy

I have tried uninstalling and downloading the game, same issues. Sometimes Its shows G21 error, but most of the TIME the GAME CRASHES without any errors, especially looking at maps in-game. So what now for those who have subscription and boost who cant play because of those CRASHES?
  16. Gustavo M

It comes out that crashes have been severely lessened after I disabled virtual memory. Perhaps you guys should do the same.
  17. kadney

*sign*
    Would posting dxdiags help?
  18. ggallin

same here.... try warping to another cont ---- Crash, spawning a lib ---- Crash etc. etc..... no error window or something, crashing to Desktop....
  19. Fundada

Roger that.
    Previously, very rarely had a crash and if I did, it was a crash to desktop accompanied by an error of some sort.
    At the moment, I have roughly 2-3 crashes per day, and they do not dump me to desktop, just a hard crash which I need to CTRL+ALT+DEL to get out of game and task manager to shut down.
    They appear to be random, have had a couple on trying to spawn into congested 48v48 areas. One or two at deserted outposts trying to spawn vehicles. And the rest, just plain random.

Running Win 7, AMD 960T, AMD7870 & 8GB of RAM is that is useful.

Side note, FPS is much better now. (When it's not frozen that is.)
  20. BARBAK

Same here.
    Play 1 min then crash, re-log play 2 min then re-crash, re-log play...hu no play insta crash...
    ect

:(