did else anyone hated the new HUD

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ZeroErrorz, Nov 13, 2013.

1. ZeroErrorz

especialy when centralized, its too bright and block off my vision and it kinda make my eye tired by looking at those shiny color ,at day light the color is fine but at nightfight combined with the amount off things to look and brighter bullet trail just make my eye tired a lot faster, this isnt much of a problem when on vehicle but on infantry the main problem is the ability hud and the ammo hud just block off everything, i hope that it can be smaller so that it wont block off evrything, the only thing about the new hud that is good is actualy the reload hud.

so tell me is it just me or everyone have the same problem as i do, give me your opinion a bit,as for me i hope SOE could add an option of making it smaller or less colourful as it is right now, otherwise playing infantry is really disturbing now
  2. vsae

Totally agree with you. Centralized hug is horrible bright.
  3. AnotherNoob

I actually don't mind it :S what is annoying me is the "glow" effect around the names of people, which make it hard to see around them. It was perfectly fine the way it was before :S
  4. ZeroErrorz

same thing man, really disturbing when aiming at things
  5. Bonom Denej

Well, I actually like better the new centralized HUD and I started using it since the latest version on the PTS. Before, I found it not enough visible for me and didn't use it. So yeah, it's brighter, but I like it better because of that. But I can understand why people that were used to the more "dimmed" version find the new one too bright.

Other than that, I liked the squared look of the old life/shield bars better, but the new one doesn't bother me, maybe appart from the color used, that seems more "neon".
    • Up x 1
  6. ZeroErrorz

idk maybe, but the brighter hud is kinda disturbing when looking at surounding but if your more into looking the new hud i think its just matter of prefrence,the only fix to this is to give option to pick beetwen the old hud and the new hud
  7. Bonom Denej

It probably disturbs you because you were used to the old one. I wasn't and I always failed to use the old one, and the new one suits me very well and doesn't distract me at all. It's the opposit actually, I find the new bars more visible and I don't have to look at them to see how down is my Resist Shield. But, again, this is indeed a matter of preference ;)
    • Up x 1
  8. Aktarus

i never used the centralized hud so i cant tell you anything about it , but i just hate the new health/shield bar design, the old one was easier to read imo
    • Up x 1
  9. ArmedGoose

Yes, I am having some issues with it, too.
    Too soon to tell if I can adjust to it or need to switch to side-mode sooner or later. But atm not pleased with it.
  10. Santondouah

If you read other threas before posting a new one, you would have the answer to your question.

If you were gone to PTS this would have been no suprise to you.

Hail the PS4 release !
  11. vsae

I dont understand why the heck health and shield bar must be derpy instead of what we had before, row of equal blocks building a small arc... Someone at SOE has put a kid drawing HUD with brushes?
  12. ZeroErrorz

jezz its not just the prefrence problem, for some reason my eye getting TIRED A LOT OF FASTER and i think this is a serious issue as it have the possibility of damaging your eye i think
  13. FocusLight

This, pretty much. I don't mind any of the changes in this patch, - the Magrider/Scythe changes (because they feel very weird to me) and the text funt being as bright as they are. I would not know why the platoon leader was was it not for knowing what his name is supposed to be under all that glow. I even had issues recognizing my own when *I* was platoon lead yesterday. Squad lead and many other cases are the same. This could need to be toned down a bit. Other than that, I actually like the new style they have implemented with the text - it's just that it's a bit to bright and unreadable.
  14. SinerAthin

I can't say I hated the new HUD, seeing as that would imply that it was no more; but I do indeed hate the new HUD.
  15. Sen7rygun

Its not too bad. It could use adjustable opacity though.
  16. Xasapis

I would like to see two changes in the new HUD:
    • A uniform width health and shield bar instead of this edgy bar.
    • A kill bar that is not flashing so bright, completely ruining my night view. Things are already hard enough with the flashing VS weapons.
  17. vsae

Those are exactly my thoughts.
  18. Prudentia

had a level up after the patch? i made a new toon and got to BR5 in a nightfight. Half of the screen ust just white and with all the stuff you get at that BR (BRup, title, decal, loadout, and what not) it stays forever :eek:
  19. 0ReferenceException

^this and I'd like to add:

• Option to display the old "blocks" within health and shield bar (or better yet: a small % or even <current-HP>/<HP-total> display next to/above the bar perhaps?). I'd like a way to more accurately see how much of my health I've still got remaining without using measuring tape up against my screen. ;-)
    • Customizable opacity for the centralized HUD elements
    • Or better yet: customizable colors and opacity for the centralized HUD elements (I have trouble with the energy bar going red when low - makes me think I'm under fire from the left lol)
    • Perhaps a customizable scale/size setting while we're at it
    With those changes I think it would be about 10 times better (and it's already better then before tbh).
  20. Bonom Denej

Nah brah, that's your brain being a moron right here. I'm an optometrist I can assure you that no UI change whatsoever could damage your eye, or in fact, even causing it to get tired significantly faster. It's just that you almost convinced yourself this way, and your brain is making you feel what you "want" to feel.

Exactly, that would probably solve the "too bright" thingy.

Yeah the old bars were simpler to read. I like the added brightness, but the blocks were easier. And for the kill bar, I actually like it more because now I actually notice it and look at it. I noticed when I was around BR10 that there actually was a kill bar and even recently, it never grabbed my attention, and whenever I killed somebody, I never really knew what BR it was ([insert ego boost reason right here]). But again, I can see why it's too bright for people that were used to it.

Back on what Sen7rygun said, an ajustable opacity would probably solve everything.