Will my scythe look like this after tonight's Patch?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ST4LK3R, Nov 11, 2013.

1. wolfva

Don't you just loooove the confusion of forums? <ROTFLOL>
  2. Karitori

Worst thing is that my fins are default color now :(
  3. nitram1000

Oh my god, words cannot describe how mad I am at what SOE did to all of my camos. I have spent so much on these camos now they look like ****. NEVER BUYING ANYTHING AGAIN.
  4. Thurwell

That new scythe is really really ugly. I think the camo makes it look even worse.
  5. BodyBagCowboy

I can't believe I have to log in to post on this topic, I saw what they were toying around with on test and on the forums and thought 'no way they do this, it looks terrible and selling cosmetics is supposed to be how they pay the bills.' It's shockingly bad. I own cosmetics on both Magrider and Scythe and give this cosmetic change an emphatic thumbs down. You non-VS guys need to speak up here too, they seem like they are planning on doing this to more vehicles/infantry. Also, I see quite a bit of speculation on why this is happening, does anyone have any definite statements from devs on the reasoning for this? It looks like hatred of money but that can't be it. Sony, you don't hate my money do you?
  6. Daikar

I made a ticket asking for refund for all my camos, this is not what I paid for and I would have never bought one single camo if they looked like they do now.
  7. Nasher

Hmm it's like they removed a whole layer of lighting and reduced the texture quality. Looks bad...
  8. FrAAnk001

the color is not bad, but how it was distributed that sucks. and then the camo does not cover the color. l 'assembly does throw up, I feel like crap at the thought. then I wonder, why only the ******* Vanu have been modified in this terrible way?
  9. nitram1000

I'm almost embarrassed to fly a Scythe, they look comical now whereas before with the camos I PAID FOR, I had it looking sweet. I even bought matching cockpit glass, lumifibres to match with certain camos and now they do this. I just don't understand it.
  10. Lazaruz

I feel sorry for the VS, the Scythe looks hideous...
    Don't think there was anything wrong with the camo coverage of ESF's, since they are designed so differently.

"Can't tell if that Scythe is VS or TR?" -said no-one ever
  11. Selerox

My framerate now seems a lot better than it ever has been.

On the downside, I can no longer bring myself to pull a scythe because I'm afraid I'll hurl all over my keyboard.

Ditto the Magrider and Galaxy.
  12. Thurwell

Oh man, I just got in game where I can actually test out the scythe with the cosmetics I own. It is just awful. There is no camo coverage on the cockpit, fins, or cosmetic fins, everything is this bright, flat purple. The only camo coverage that doesn't look absolutely awful is the loyalty camo. Why do I own all these cosmetics if I can't use them?

Come on SOE, speak up, tell us what's going on.

Why did you do this?
    Can you revert it?
  13. Thurwell

14. StayFrostyGents

yup , they ruined it
  15. StayFrostyGents

ugh why u do dis tray?
  16. StayFrostyGents

it looks like trash
  17. Lucidius134

I dislike the new black/gray poopy metallic colors but do like the camo changes.
  18. Ebon

Happy to jump on the "Scythe looks like crap" bus. The purple looks like it was painted on with a brush. The camo covers too much. It would look better if the purple were limited to trim areas. Let the bare metal show through elsewhere around the serrated bits like the fins (to match the external pieces you can purchase with SC) and the edge of the wings.

For the Mag, especially with the external armor addon pieces...wow. Freakin clown car. It's a jumbled mess of camo, metal, and purple/teal. It looks okay with all camo off, but that kind of defeats the purpose.

Thing is I doubt anything will improve. For one TRay has already said the old Mag is "gone."

Hell I don't want the old vehicles back necessarily, but the current look needs to go. Make them look like war machines, not something build by Mattel.
  19. Jacena

This is embarrassing for a texture job. Ok, optimization by halving the texture resolution (forcibly) on everyone, despite my computer previously able to run the game just fine. I'll unwillingly compromise ~ But what they did here is simply tragic. SOE just lost a ton of money in any future camo purchasers. Pure and simple.
  20. Riku

I know SOE staff will read this, so I voice my oppinion here and in an ingame ticket.
    The new Scythe design looks absolutely ridiculous - with and without camo alike.
    I bought the Esamir camo back then just to find out that today, half my vehicle will still be purple - not only does it look ridiculously stupid, but is also inefficient.
    I'm done buying camos. Fix it before more players decide the same.