Waterson TR/VS alliance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuxiMoron, Nov 11, 2013.

1. chrisbeebops

VS has an alliance with both TR & NC. In exchange for them attacking us, we farm the **** out of them. We are still baffled that TR & NC both claim they have the better of that bargain.
    • Up x 1
  2. Regpuppy

All this is, is VS being a swing faction. NC and TR have always had a hate/hate relationship between the outfits ingame. In some cases there's mutual respect, but we tend to fight each other often. Then there's VS, who are either a non-factor or randomly pushing hard into TR or NC. They're also the fickle "ally" of NC -or- TR depending on who's over-popped, who's more convenient to attack, or has more territory.

In other words, VS are the kingmaker on Waterson. Their whimsical desires decide if TR or NC get to dominate when populations are decently distributed. :p
    • Up x 1
  3. Boomotang

HAHAHAHAHAHA

The only thread which I've seen that actually SUGGESTED an alliance on Waterson was for VS and NC. The thread was actually SUGGESTING it. All other threads have just been dumb accusations.
  4. AuxiMoron

Well, I'd like to apologize for using words like "stupid" to describe Vanu...that's a bit unprofessional. In-the-moment type of thread. But you have to understand that from an NC's perspective in the two days I described, little teaming-up on NC has happened on such a scale as it did for said days. It's especially suspicious that this happened only a week or so after a boom in NC's pop and fourth-factioneers.

We got creamed in both alerts and on Indar afterwards because Vanu decided to solely engage NC territories and not care for their own tech plant or any lands right next to their wg, and that's something I personally haven't seen since NC had Indar back in April or May or whatever. It's not strategic or exploiting your enemy's weakness if you're giving up control of your own regions that could so easily be taken back. It's laziness and tactical inefficiency that you keeps you zerging towards our NC wg and leaving TR to besiege both of ours. Or perhaps it's some form of a treaty between commanders, which is perfectly legitimate reasoning, although it may seem like it never is.
  5. Lamat

He knows about the fifth faction... :eek:
  6. Boomotang

I've seen the VS do the exact same against TR many, many times. And I've seen NC do it to TR as well.
  7. -Synapse-

Haven't seen them on operation nights I take it.
  8. daniel696

As far as I know, in waterson the NC and VS are allies, where's your prove about VS and TR ? Here is my prove.
    [IMG]

Now shut up and close this thread.
    • Up x 1
  9. Badname707

Sure I have. At least they must have been, in their sundy bundle. Was not impressed. Nor do I find camping a rock particularly impressive, especially when they struggle with taking down one reaver.
  10. -Synapse-

Impostors I tell you!
  11. AuxiMoron

Agreed. Post is based on stuff that happened up to three days ago, and it certainly seemed suspicious then, but it can't be applied to current events anymore. No need to keep posting, thread is irrelevant.
    PS: We're not allies ; )
  12. icosta

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah. Thank you for the good laugh. Coming from one of the most active Platoon leads for Vs I can assure you TR is our rivals. No alliance.. at all. Anytime, anywhere.

This thread can simply be described as.. Q....Q
  13. icosta

Oh and just to add... we've let NC win on many occasion just so From wouldn't. Saying that we are an alliance is honestly an insult to me. Close, lock, and please burn this thread. Kthxbai
  14. teks

I'm sorry too. I don't know why its so hard for me to not be a jerk on forums.

Our outfit tries to coordinate with the other VS platoons the best we can, and if there was some form on TR/VS alliance we would know about it. Between the TR and NC, we push on the NC more often because you guys have lower pop, and less zerg.

When we push on the TR we generally avoid their main force unless we are specifically tieing them up. If 24 VS players can keep 48+ TR players occupied at a point its a net win for us. Its rare that we actually have the numbers to hit them directly.

Our general strategy, which has been working, is to carefully take points that will avoid us confrontation with the TR and NC. The biggest no-no would be taking territories between the two.

However an an esimir alert last night we ended up specifically helping the NC against the TR by ghost capping the ring from the TR (shame shame TR zerg), holding the ring with a squad, and cutting a hole into the TR by continuing to ghost cap alone that lattice. This forced the TR to split their once-zerg into several squads, and relieved both the NC and VS from tier 50+% pop zerg push.
    Thing is we have openly discussed the idea of cease fires with the NC in situations like this.
  15. QuarterPro

I was playing in this alert and until a squad or so of Vanu attacked the completely undefended tech plant on your border with TR, there was about 1 platoon total involved in TR-VS combat. There were about 3-4 platoons of TR and VS fighting for NC territory. At the end, the Vanu helped NC take TR territory to hopefully catch up and win. I can't remember the last evening continent capture alert I participated in that didn't play out exactly like this.

What's more likely going on is nothing planned, rather it just kinda works out that way:
    An underpopulated faction (A) benefits by not attacking one of the two other factions (B) because (C) has to defend against both, allowing both A and B to capture more territory. It is also beneficial for (B) to reciprocate with (A) for the same reason. If this continues until about 30m remaining, this effectively removes one of the higher pop factions from contention.

In this situation, even though A has lower pop, it will usually have more territory than C and can win if it helps C capture territory from A in the final 30m. If A had attacked both B and C, it would have virtually no chance to win in this case.

For faction B, things are even rosier because they have more pop than A and C has been all but neutralized.

If faction C notices this, they only have two options which can result in a win:
    1) Fight ONLY the higher pop of the other two factions until the "alliance" breaks down
    2) Leave the alert until the "alliance" breaks down
  16. SenEvason

Nothing new, and there are always alliances between all factions, not just between TR and VS.
  17. Ash87

AHHHHHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAH

HA...Ha...ha... *Pant*
    AHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAaaaaAAhahAHAHAHAHa...

Phew.... I needed that...

Tr... Vs... Alliance

Cool story.
  18. supernauttt

dont worry man same on matherson...1 for 1 tho the NC are probably better than the TR or VS now... we are consistently only a 30% at almost all major battles and yet we pretty much can hold our ground so yea it sucks, but its making the remaining NC much better than the mindless zergs attacking us