New Magrider look - Why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wezdor, Nov 12, 2013.

1. MarioPIe

doesnt look too bad. the ones right now look kinda like weird alien sea creatures
    no offense
  2. Goretzu

Just wait till they make VS infantry as visable as the other two at night as well. :eek:
  3. TheIllusionKing

Balance has nothing to do with it. It's aesthetic, that has nothing to do with balance. If you honestly think that camos and coverage make THAT much of a difference when in actual gameplay, you're making excuses for yourself about why you didn't kill the guy who spent money on a pretty coat of paint.
  4. Oraculum

Yes I have definitely seen the scythe, looks like the Vanu have started using plastic to make production cheaper...

It does look like they forgot, but then again if they didn't have any plans for changing them at that exact moment, why remove the camo in the first place?
  5. Stadulator

Here's where you can thank all the whiners with crappy rigs. The had to dumb the game down so more could play.
  6. ST4LK3R

OP, I feel your pain. My Scythe is my favourite vehicle in game and it looks horrendous now if I put any camo on it. I'm gladly accept it if it was really necessary for OMFG and I needa know if it really is. I think they are being sloppy with Mag and Scythe camo coverage and the purple tone.
    • Up x 1
  7. RemusVentanus

if that is what it takes to make SOE change the mag and scythe back... yes (i know it is hopeless)
  8. Ice

I think by "color" you mean "texture" and you better believe textures affect performance. Notice how the camo looks less detailed? Notice how the magrider itself looks less detailed?

I'm no graphics coder but I'm certain the changes were made with performance in mind. Similar changes were made to other vehicles. I'll have to hope SoE takes the time to do a pass on cosmetics if they aren't matching up well anymore.
  9. Wezdor

You wut m8?

Are you serious? The Vanguard and Prowler still maintain around 90+% camo coverage.
    • Up x 2
  10. Flying Mug

The new default look is fine but the camo is terrible. Like they painted the front and back and ran out of paint in the middle. Looks ridiculous. Scythe looks a bit better considering the area camo isn't applied at least looks like a discrete part. On the Magrider it's just a silly pair of empty spots on the side of the tank.
  11. RemusVentanus

yea... without that faction specific colors i would totally not be able to tell a vanguard from a magrider or a prowler... hold on... im colorblind... fuuuuuuuu :rolleyes:

SOE give us an option to chose the design ingame for the magrider on the terminals!
  12. Ryekir

It's not about being able to tell what kind of tank is there, or what faction it belongs to (their profiles are entirely different), it's about being fair across the factions.

For whatever reason, they have huge yellow/blue areas on Vangaurds and red/black areas on Prowlers, so they now have relatively equal teal/purple areas on Magriders. Yes, this completely negates the value of camo in a lot of cases so you can easily spot the tank (which I assume is the reason it exists at all). I think everyone would be just as happy with eliminating or reducing the amount of faction colors on ALL tanks, but instead they decided to increase it on the Magrider to match the others.
  13. RemusVentanus

Im all for completely removing the faction colors on all tanks. I have not been in my vanguard lately, but my Prowler still got around 90% camo coverage with armor mod on it (the armor mod also has camo applied to it unlike in the pic Oraculum posted earlier)... now looking at the magrider in spliced armor... maybe 40%.
  14. nArc

What's wrong with the camo? It looks fine to me.
  15. Qaz

I can only assume there are some misconceptions here. To clear them up, I'll post how all tanks looked pre-patch.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]

There is no 'bringing them all the the same level' here. All tanks had almost full coverage before PU1 hit today. Now, the magrider looks like this:
    [IMG]

Unlike some others, I am not going to say that I want parity on all vehicles just out of spite. I want them all to look great with camo, and the current magrider decidedly does not do that.
    • Up x 4
  16. Danagaming

So SOE advertised to us that "GO ON PTS AND GIVE US FEED BACK", well we did give feed back that this was incorrect way to proceed with Magrider, and you know what happen... total ignorance from SOE.

"We listen to our community and we create game for them" - SOE

This is just laughable, nothing else....
  17. Selerox

The Magrider, Galaxy and Scythe are all new officially ****ing ugly as hell.

Everything else in the patch I understand. But not this.
    • Up x 1
  18. crazyoldfart

LOL, typical forumside response. There is plenty to see here and it sucks. Now that is live is the time to raise hell about all these

armor color changes that were not needed in the first place. SOE charges outrageous amounts for camo and after you spend the money you get this. After camo sales drop things will change.
    • Up x 3
  19. MavCooL

I don't really care
    Mine can still hover, and strafing, and go to the tallest mountain in Auraxis
    • Up x 1
  20. Wezdor