RIP TR WOODMAN.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Graylin, Nov 3, 2013.

1. redsevenski

Looking at some of our more recent additions I don't think that's still the case or that the bar was ever set that high, but I'd have to check.
  2. Ganelon

Sorry, was BR25+

3. lilleAllan

a thing that i like about tr is that they arent constantly flooding chat with stupid nonsense like kotv are. maybe kotv members love to chat out of boredom because they grossly outnumber the defenders and dont have anyone to shoot?
    • Up x 1
  4. Ganelon

They're trying to make themselves feel good by telling themselves how skilled they are for outnumbering you 3 to 1.
    • Up x 2
  5. Astealoth

Waterson TR has a rep as being overpopulated, we went though a few months of like average 40-44% world pop. Last week or so I log in and NC has a solid 40%-44%. I hear TR whining about it left and right. I cheer when I see NC at 46% world pop. My dream is to play the under populated faction. I made this TR character on the first few days of Jaeger being open. When I made the character TR had like 20% world pop, I thought they'd be the under dog. I hope NC holds 40% world pop for a few weeks or months on Waterson. There is always so many targets to attack when fighting a larger force.

When rolling along in a column of 80 Prowlers and watching enemies log off instead of fight and you are uncontested it becomes a minigame of watching capture bars slowly count down. Even if TR is winning heavily I find myself going deep behind enemy lines away from friendlies to engage the enemy more than squadding up. Anyone who would rather be in a zerg than face a zerg is a walleyed moron and should go back to playing checkers in the park with their therapist. Or wait, maybe not because then I'd have no one to shoot :p
  6. Jaloro

Here is the story of Woodman. TR/NC feel free to copy it instead of crying:

a) A Vanu outfit, Lesbian Vampire Killers or whatever they were called, stumbled upon the fact that opening their squads to the general population and giving a little discipline and focus to them (without being patronising or idiots) was surprisingly effective. People flocked to join their squads and they were able to recruit in large numbers.

b) KOTV was born out of that outfit. I have no idea what happened but everyone moved one day.

c) KOTV moved from organised squads to organised platoons. In the meantime, other organised outfits like Iron Pulse, MAP and VVG started working together cohesively. Sure there was the usual abuse and spats in command chat but overall it was positive.

d) The organised platoons from KOTV were stupidly effective, basically turning the random zerg on other servers into something with direction and a plan. Even lone wolfs or small squads who didn't join the KOTVplatoons soon recognised this and would generally follow orders or the Attack/Defend markers on the map.

e) VS unsurprisingly won every alert, many crushingly. Repeat step (d) with more numbers.

f) At some point TR becomes the recommended faction for Woodman and gains a sizable population advantage of around 10% over VS/NC. VS crushes them anyway. New TR players switch sides.

f) Other TR/NC decide they aren't good enough to beat it so they join it. A sizable portion of them 4th faction at the beginning of every alert. Many of their alts join KOTV.

g) Now and then some TR come to the official forums and accept defeat. This is one such thread.

Basically, the VS on Woodman have won PS2.
    • Up x 1
  7. Nintyuk

And this is why Outfits should have a population/member cap, and their should be a in game system for outfit alliances.
  8. Jaloro

Lol, nerf organisation! We have no counter!
    • Up x 1
  9. KunzeWaldemar

Rarely you see two pages of public/open squads/platoons on TR side.
    TR on Woodman needs outfit merges. And better coordination (may come with merges anyway).
    • Up x 1
  10. Ganelon

Easier said than done.
  11. Campagne

It might as well when the rest of the "world's" total population is maybe 30 or so more players, across the other two continents. :/
  12. angeh

edit - you forgot the part where said zerg outfit drops 3 people for every 1 the enemy has . Tr get fed up of the ridiculous numbers and zoes being dropped on them -making the game boring as hell -. Large outfits dont need to zerg -kotv just do - and just swamp everywhere , its not fun playing with this style or against it.
  13. Ganelon

Managed to force a draw last Tuesday when I was leading the TAF operation. Was it ELME who resecured Freyr?
  14. ChickenCurrys

Just because you used the numbers you had as a coordinator extremly ineffective by spreading them over too many facilitys at the same times, doesen't mean you can sit here on the forum and cry about us, we fight to win and not to give you a "good fight".
  15. Aktarus

"4th factionners braindead kids registered trademark."

Anyway im not sure that zerging each sector with 70% pop and sit till its caped can be considered as a fight , i mean if you're a man .

4th factionners zerg KotV is , and 4th factionners noob zerg they will be till PS2 die.

They dont even have any good leaders , or any tactical sense , they just plant random beacons and tell their members GO HERE.
    and in every fights i've done vs them its quite simple , if they cant at least 2 vs 1 , they are totally lost.

Just prey for SoE that they never add a timer on the faction switch otherwise you guys gonna feel quickly what mean PITA
    • Up x 1
  16. Nintyuk

• Up x 1
  17. ChickenCurrys

18. ChickenCurrys

If we were so bad and still win with it, wouldn't that speak more against our enemys then against KOTV? When you can't even win against a outfit with bad leaders, no tactical sense and full of 4th factioners, how is it even possible to lose for you? How bad do you have to be? Don't be delusional.
  19. battlebrot

No you have not. Planetside is not about winning, its about the fight that earns you the victory. At least for me.
  20. Nintyuk

Because this game is easily won with numbers, and when we have the numbers we do win. And some times we have won in our own way by ensuring you dont get a dominating victory by defending any thing we have untill the last man. Plus whenever the numbers are even and/or under 48 on each side we regulary hold our own and beat you. But thats only untill you drop 6 galaxys on us or have a hundred people redeploy to a base forcing the hex pop from a 45/55 in your favor to 20/80 in your favor and the game performance dwindles. Your players don't get to play the game, they just log in and role play as a unit in a KOTV RTS instead of a actual FPS player.
    • Up x 1