Why don't you destroy vehicles as an infiltrator :( ?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Darkelfdruid_LOL, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Darkelfdruid_LOL

[well you do use LA for literally 2-3sec]

Because I haven't seen anyone else on my server. And this is one of the easiest way to affect a battle of an area to a great effect (if the Sunday is very well hidden behind rocks an no tanks can get in line of sight)

I have seen few days ago a poor tr infi with c4 driving but he had maybe 10 on him.... He was like a Christmas tree so he didn't get far.

Why don't you do it mr infiltrators ? :(
    It is no better Lols when people start yelling In a Zerg that an "infiltrator" destroyed a sunddy -

I want to see fields of invisible c4 flying about making MBT drivers paranoid of any noise around them!

Do it :(
    • Up x 1
  2. ZillFattak

'scuse me, could you point me the way to the next VS sundy here on Ceres? ;)
    Reason is I am not sure that TR guys here would understand what I want them to do.
    Ceres seems a server with an exclusively mute/legasthenic population.
    • Up x 1
  3. Booface

My Wraith Flash with C-4 on the front is some of the most effective AV you can possibly get in this game. Point me at something and it will die (in about 3 minutes anyway, once I spawn the Wraith Flash, put C-4 on it, switch to infiltrator, and actually drive to the location).

The other day some poor tank driver thought I was hacking, didn't understand how I could kill his team's tanks with C-4 as an infiltrator.
  4. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Haha yeah last night I made a vanguard that had no ammo run away from me from snake rev to crown.

I just want to see more Infi using it as it is one of the best if not THE best way to take down a vehicle like Sunddy
  5. RovingDeath

I do have one confirmed tank kill with my Bolt Driver. Derping around the Crown when it was defensible, watched a TR put down AT mines, watched Prowler roll over said mines. Sniped mine, boom goes tank =D Of all the times I wish I was recording....
    • Up x 2
  6. Scan

That is quite an interesting concept.

When I happen to see tank mines, I do shoot them, and have blown up a few engineers who just placed them there.

Maybe, because as an Infiltrator, we can kill infantery, take out squad spawn beacons, and blow up mines, but I tend not to focus on vehicles at all, apart from trying to not get seen by them, use them as cover or as a sniping position on top of his roof. (the latter being absolutely fun and statisfying) So that might explain why I never spotted C4 stuck on vehicles. (or I would have shot them)

Something deffo worth looking out for.
  7. Stinneyt

this is one of my favourite moves.
  8. Biddion

I often pull flashes and ride around looking for infantry but if I see many tanks I'll pull up next to a friendly deployed sunderer, as heavy put to bricks of C4 on the back, change back to infiltrator, and ride around looking for parked or non-moving armor. I typically jump off the back 10 meters before reaching the target and aim for the seat with C4. BOOM!

I think I will use EMP grenade to detonate instead of SMG as I'd rather have ammo for taking out survivors. Additionally, survivors' shield should be down making for efficient take downs. It doesn't matter where you put the C4 as long as your flash is touching the vehicle so stick them where you think they won't be shot. Having max cloaking is great and stealth would be a good choice. If you want to take down sunderers you need a stick of c4 from a friend (3 bricks total) and that friend can detonate for you as well so you can mop up the area quicker.
    Bringing a heavy, too, would be smart.
    • Up x 1
  9. Astraka

Wait. So I can place C4 as an LA or Engineer, switch back to Infiltrator, and the C4 will still be there?! So many wasted opportunities due to ignorance. My god...
    • Up x 1
  10. BloodyG

Well i have no C4 ,
    but after reading this it's the next thing to unlock :D
  11. Booface

If you put a Fury on the front you can self-detonate by parking right on them and shooting off a round or two. You die, but it's a lot more of a sure thing than using an EMP grenade. And one death versus a a 2/2 MBT or a Sunderer is definitely worth it.

By the way, cert out utility pouches as an Engineer. You can stick 4 C-4 to the front of your Flash and take out even Composite Armor Sunderers instantly. It's as close to a sure thing as you'll get with Sundie hunting.

Other nice thing is, since it's an instant kill and nobody sees an invisible Flash driving up to them at max speed, if you spot a 12/12 Sunderer you can take it out easy before anybody has a chance to jump out. All you gotta do is drive alongside and boom.
  12. Booface

Yes. Also, cert utility pouches as Engineer. You can put 4 C-4 on the front, go back to infiltrator, and drive up invisible to a Sundy and blast em before they have a chance to react. Use the Fury to self-detonate. Best way to kill a Sundy (provided you have a nearby base where you can safely set up the Flash).

If you don't have the thousand something certs to set up utility pouches and C-4 on your engie, another method is to get a friendly couple of folks to stack 4 C-4 on the front. (For reference, 2 C-4 will kill an MBT, 3 C-4 will kill a Sunderer and a Vanguard using shield, and 4 C-4 are required to kill a Sunderer with maximum Composite Armor).
  13. Klondik3

^^ Thanks for publicizing this
    Inb4 nerf
  14. Darkelfdruid_LOL

^^ hey no problem! :D
  15. Biddion

Edit: EMP does not detonate C4. Too bad. And basilisk works better than fury for putting damage on the back of a sunderer before shooting the C4 on the back. Bring a heavy on the back or coordinate with a second infiltrator on a second flash to pick you up afterwards.
  16. Biddion

A friend and I played in VR training and he told me about the C4 as an engineer. 900 certs for the 3rd stick. Wish I had known before hand.
  17. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Just in case someone is still confused on how to =p
    • Up x 4
  18. Takoita

I would've certainly liked a C4 equivivalent that could deal damage to the vehicle's occupants without damaging the vehicle itself. Just in case hijacking a vehicle will make it into the game :D
  19. Stinneyt

I love this. I started doing it. Not quite as successful as yourself, but getting there.
  20. NeverSayDie

Only came across this trick recently - I'd always assumed C4 de-spawned when you switched classes to stop this kind of explo-*cough*-ingenuity. Haven't had a chance to try it out in combat yet, but tested the principle in VR and it seems pretty doable. There much of a success rate in combat?