TR is blatantly OP. Here are some stats.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gnometheft, Nov 1, 2013.

1. gnometheft

I summon thee foul demons, most loyal of the TR defense squad. I have come to vanquish any notion you have left that TR is not blatantly overpowered. My weapon: The data, my ally the oracle of death. my shepherd: the fallen hair of Higby which first granted the TR their strength, now reclaimed for truth and justice.

BEHOLD THE STATS. (More detailed info in links, Kills per weapon, kpu's for different BR's)

ESF:
    TR:179,885
    NC:111,562
    VS:132,373
    MBT:
    TR:1,406,868
    NC:723,531
    VS:841,074
    HSR:
    TR:499,574
    NC:221,939
    VS:249,786

Oh yea, and the Kpu's for TR in the 4th Quartile(BR75-100) are also, higher for ESF's, MBT's, and HSR's. Basically any time that there has been a empire specific vehicle/ mounted gun, TR's is better.

Now I am of the opinion part of the reason the numbers are so much better for TR is the striker, but with so much of an advantage, I highly doubt it is the only reason. I think waiting to see how the striker nerf affects TR vehicle gameplay before outright nerfing the vehicles is the way to go.

Devs. You guys announced Balance passes are coming, and I'm glad, for we have dealt with an enemy that has a straight up advantage to us for too long. I post this in the highest hopes that these numbers will be evened out, and to bring awareness to the deviations between faction effectiveness.

On Waterson, where the Prowlers graze like livestock on the open meadows, the mosquitos swarm like the amazon mofugn' rainforest, and the red harassers abound the countryside free of strikers, all harvesting their daily kills on the weak few peasants that remain, we are all but completely demoralized. They out number us, they outgun us, and the amount of dominating alerts that feed them more certs, more upgrades, while we get monterey jack, has forced too many of our friends on our faction to the traitorous ways of the fourth faction.

The time has come. I'm calling for direct nerfs, and the stats are my reasoning. I'm sick of this imbalance, population is harder to tackle sure, but when you leave such imbalance between factions in a game that can easily switch sides, it's no wonder which side will be A) performing better and B) winning all the events.

The data and deviations are far too far from where total kills should be in an FPS genre, it's time for VS/NC to be brought up to par, or TR brought down.
    • Up x 22
  2. Flapatax

Your text is small and everyone knows TR has the best MBT and the best harasser weapons.

The ESF thing surprised me, but then again despite having the best one the NC is typically underpopped with underperforming players.

Not sure why this is breaking news for you.
    • Up x 1
  3. Giggily

I'll read your post in a little, I need to go find my magnifying glass real quick.
    • Up x 1
  4. ViXeN

Ah don't you just love stats and how they can "prove" pretty much anything you want when you don't look at the whole picture? :DWelcome to our world, TR... Its your turn now.
    • Up x 1
  5. Villanuk

Your stats prove nothing apart from the most kills per selected ( biased ) item you chose, with no details where you got them from or which dates and time period you selected, so quite frankley they mean nothing.

Not to mention only selecting 3 items makes no eveidence that a faction is op, this really is troll thread of the week and the most ill thought out thread to.

Have a prize

If your talking op, two words, ZOE MAX?
    • Up x 14
  6. phreec

TR has easiest to pick up arsenal so it's no surprise.

I'm not saying TR are noobs but their stuff has a lower skillfloor and are often more effective in general. Especially when it comes to farming. (Striker, Prowler, Marauder etc)
    • Up x 1
  7. ViXeN

So why do you think the ZOE is OP? Can you prove it? Hint: This is where you try to prove your point by doing the same thing this guy did... LOL
    • Up x 5
  8. Flapatax

Vixen, do you honestly think ZOE is balanced or do you just play devil's advocate in these threads?
    • Up x 19
  9. Villanuk

^^^ As Flap says,
    • Up x 1
  10. Dovahkiin

Obviously their harassers are OP because devs thought it would be a good idea to have a marauder and vulcan on it.

Their tanks perform better because they are far more forgiving due to the double barreled nature of the main gun and the deploy ability that allows crazy farms. Also access to the Vulcan and Marauder is OP. In addition, strikers decimate VS and NC MBT, so obviously the Prowler is going to perform better.

The mossie outperforms because up until a while ago, strikers would just r@pe scythes and reavers, whereas mossies never needed to worry about this OP instrument, so they could farm more without being taken down as quickly.

The main reason TR dominated:
    • Strikers
    • Vulcan
    • Marauder
    • High population

TR Harassers are still OP as ****.
    Prowler needs some adjustments, but overall it's pretty balanced.
    TR mossies are balanced.
  11. Konfuzfanten

Also called the Air-Striker ratio. If you checked the libs numbers you would properly get something like this.

Solution: Give NC+Vanu the striker and TR can get the GLancer or phoenix - dont care.

This one i dont get/cant explain. When you look at the numbers i dont see a score/min or number of hours played in the vehicle.

And you are missing the secondary weapon.

Cant surprise ppl, TR got a better AV and AI weapon. Needs to nerf them. You also got the striker working against the NC+Vanu harasser.

Im missing the score/min and number of hours played in the vehicles to pass final judgement AND you need to make account for the striker when talking non-TR vehicles scores.
  12. ViXeN

No, I just think most people on this forum have a habit of exaggerating everything. I don't think ZOE is completely balanced with the other two abilities but I also don't think its quite the "god weapon" that you guys pretend it is and there are countless other things in the game that aren't really balanced with others. The TR harasser is obviously better than the NC and VS when you add the vulcan but i'm not on here calling for nerfs because its not that big of a deal. The ZOE isn't either.
    • Up x 1
  13. Posse

Strikers, in fact, I think that's the main reason of the huge difference in all 3 cases, in the case of MBTs it probably has to do with the fact that the Prowler's main cannon is the best at AI (simply because of the 2 shots), and in the case of the Harrasser, the Vulcan and Marauder sinergy with it probably have something to do (together with the fact that TR spams Harrassers much more than VS/NC).

Anyway, as I said in the "ZOE OP" thread, I'd like to see KDR and KPM ratios in order to see how big the difference really is, total number of kills by itself doesn't mean much.
    • Up x 1
  14. Flapatax

I want nerfs to ZOE for two reasons. It's horrendously designed, giving speed and a damage buff to a class that's supposed to sacrifice one for the other at a negligible cost, and it would destroy the primary excuse forumsiders turn to for VS victories.

ZOE is easily obtainable by low-tier players and doesn't require very much talent to be incredibly destructive, just A and D keys. If the damage taken modifier was significantly higher or the speed increase significantly lower it would make sense. Right now though it is the best choice for every situation with essentially no downsides, especially if you rock kinetic 5 with an engineer somewhere in the vicinity (almost fully nullifying the damage penalty).

Is ZOE the second coming of Lucifer forumside thinks it is? No. Is it anywhere approaching balanced? Also no.
    • Up x 6
  15. Tragachinos

Actually this one is self explanatory. VS and NC have tanks, TR has infantry harvesting tractor. So it's no surprise Prowler has almost double amount of kills than VS/NC.
    • Up x 5
  16. Konfuzfanten

yea, thats why i want a score/min number. I dont really care of the Prowler is a infantry harvesting machine, if NC gets more certs because they farm other tanks...Not saying its like that, but i would like to know!
  17. WyrdHarper

Could you bring up stats for NS vehicles as well, please? Especially the liberator and lightning. It's my recollection that they followed a similar imblanced pattern, despite being identical. This could be due to a number of factors, however.
    • Up x 2
  18. Posse

Actually, asking the random scrub to use the strafe buttons in the middle of a fight is a bit too much :p
  19. gnometheft

You didnt even read the post. I have included much more than 3 items, and literally everything else on your list is in the links. Read with your eyes not your ***.

I have to thank you for being yet another TR who makes an ill informed post because they didnt want to read the stats.
    • Up x 2
  20. ViXeN

But there IS a downside. It already takes more damage, which is why they are so easy for NC scat/hacksaw and TR fracture MAXes to kill. Personally I would increase the damage penalty a little more but right now its still not as powerful as people think. Its just that the NC and TR MAX abilities aren't very good. Also, I already pointed out that ZOE 1 isn't very good and certing up to 5 is very expensive.

So tell me, after ZOE what is next on your nerf list? Does it ever end? This is the point I have been making in all of these threads. Once people start wanting to nerf, it never ends. If they get killed too much by something, then they want it nerfed. Once that thing gets nerfed then they find something else that kills them too much. Its just an endless cycle where the three factions take turns being nerfed. And the game is never balanced.
    • Up x 2