Yea, i'm still mad about wds

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by benedict, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Lueyja2

Or this?
    • Up x 1
  2. Meeka

Vanu Sniper w/ Semi-Auto Scout rifle can land 3-4 head shots at 500m in uber quick succession due to no bullet drop. This is superior to anything any other faction infiltrator has access to. Try that with an a TR semi-auto or NC semi-auto... it isn't happening.

Vanu Light/Heavy Assault w/ Shotgun + slug ammo + scope has a super accurate no bullet drop OHK rifle that any infiltrator can only dream of having. This is superior to anything any other faction light/heavy assault has access to. Again, something that just cannot be done with any other faction.

Vanu Lancer "pop out" immediate hit and hide AV weapons which take no time, no guidance, no standing still. This is superior to anything any other faction heavy as access to. Not to mention, it works great as an instant hit anti-air weapon too... The Phoenix, you're locked in place while you fire it. The Striker, again, locked in place while you use it... and has several counter meastures from flares to driving behind trees. With the Vanu weapon... if you can see it, you can hit it... immediately and without delay.

Vanu Rocketpods do much more damage in much less timeframe. TR and NC, share the same rocketpods.

Vanu vehicle weapons... again, no drop to account for, easy to shoot, easy to aim... superior.

TR and NC have some weapons with some slight advantages, but they also have their disadvantages. Vanu weapons... often have their advantages with no disadvantages.

I know all these weapons quite well, I own 'em all, I use 'em all. I play TR. I play NC. I play VS.
    I don't have any hatred or bias against the VS... I put a lot of time and money into my VS character... the reality is, Vanu weapons are superior and take less skill to use.
  3. treeHamster

To be ABSOLUTELY utterly honest, I've seen more whine from non-VS since the start of WDS than from from the VS. The number of ZOE whine threads is insane. The VS just gave up and decided the dev's wouldn't do anything about the pop imbalance for WDS. The devs changed their minds, but the TR and NC whine didn't stop about the VS.
    • Up x 2
  4. treeHamster

Ok WOW you are obviously trolling because at 500m, infantry won't render. Even if they do, with a 12x scope, they are only a few pixels. Even then, the VS rifle does the least damage and has the slowest bullet velocity.

The VS vehicles do have bullet drop. The only ones that don't are the nose guns on the Scythe, PPA, and Saron (which sucks balls at range anyway). Everything else has either as much drop or more than the other factions.

Slug sniping is a 3 shot headshot kill @ 200m (it's 2 shots after like 30m) and the rounds take around 1 second to travel anyway. If you stand there LONG enough to get slug sniped you honestly deserve the humiliation.
    • Up x 1
  5. Lueyja2

Well here we go...

6. -MJ12-

Yeah TR lost the WDS and got 5 boosts (worth 25 $) - sucks to be you, really.

VS won and what did i get so far? 1 Boost, yay.
    Decal and title? Keep it, thank you.

If anyone is to complain it's the NC, how are they supposed to win with having the North warpgate for like 3 days?
    • Up x 2
  7. DeadLamb

Yeah VS got trolled hard by this contest..
    The event started out as the poster child for "THIS is why population balance is important!" as TR's numbers stomped past everyone.. Then the event more or less got tweaked into a marketing move where they just handed over free points to make all the factions look "even" as the scores were now so much closer to each other..

but it worked.. VS should still be annoyed at the pop issues but mostly they seem happy they "won" I guess.

but on that note, happy to see people into the game and the event over all being at least on my server (Connery) I'm not sure much of anyone cared. Plus bonus points for SOE for at least trying to do something event wise.. As much as we all QQ about pop issues, it's not like there is they super easy fix or anything.
  8. Meeka

Why you can't render infantry at 500m, I don't know... that's about the disappearing point for me.

Also, it's much easier to calculate where the target will be if you only have to worry about "speed and direction" vs "speed, direction, and arc". If you think that adding an arc into anything doesn't make it more difficult, you're too stubborn to admit you're wrong.

Finally, you act as if I have something against the Vanu... I do not.
    I play Vanu... I have probably put close to $200 into my Vanu character for weapons, camo, armour, helmets, etc
    I wouldn't exactly invest in a faction I hate.
  9. Meeka

I see you've never played a sniper as a Vanu. There's a difference between bolt action sniper rifles and semi-auto sniper rifles... on the Vanu, you have access to semi-automatic sniper rifles... they are no bullet drop weapons, and depending on level of nanoweave, can 1-3 hit kill... and they can be fired from 100s of meters easily.

As for vehicle weapons, yes, the main cannons do have bullet drop (excluding laser like ESF and Renegade Vanu Shotguns on Flashes and some other odd exceptions), but nearly all Vanu specific weapons do not... meanwhile, on TR and NC, all secondaries have severe bullet drop.

Anyone who thinks only having to worry about "speed and distance" vs "speed, distance, and arc" isn't superior... as I said elsewhere, are too stubborn to admit they wrong.
  10. jak

You're acting as if it's actually hard to figure out bolt action bullet drop. It's not, plus you don't give the enemy notice of where you are should you headshot him (which is kind of important as a sniper...).

Your point about slug ammo would have been mildly entertaining prior to the nerfs to slug ammo shotties. Even then, it wasn't overwhelmingly hard to compensate for.
    • Up x 1
  11. Hoki

Shut up OP go play VS or NC.

TR guns fire bullets not tears.

Ten more bullets.
    • Up x 1
  12. Lucidius134

Rest is accurate but this simply isn't. OHK Semi-Auto Rifle? I wish. Also, did you factor in bullet velocity at all? Agreed the velocity to no projectile drop ratio's out of whack relative to other faction's options but i'de hardly consider Vanu Sluggers better sniper rifles. Better scout rifles, maybe.
  13. phreec

All that ghost capping for nothing? :oops:
  14. Regpuppy

It seems the only ones not foaming at the mouth are the NC here. Then again, many of us were wise enough to not care to begin with. Seriously though, it was just some event beta. Why do you people expect so much out of an event they had to throw together?
  15. DevDevBooday

So in other words, if team work and numbers gives people the win then you would rather be a loser? WELCOME TO PLANETSIDE thats how it works.
  16. DevDevBooday

Everyone got those boosts anyway to be used with any character, all you had to do was log in with TR once during the week and BAM 3 day boost for your VS character.
  17. Lueyja2

18. Bankrotas

All TR fire is popcorn.
  19. Tytos

The WDS was fair in the end, TR just failed there. If you have 40% of the population then you shouldn't be granted a win for holding 33% of the territory but at least 41%.
  20. teks

Gave thumbs up for disheartening TR players. Awesome
  21. Flapatax

What was the point of this thread again?