Lock on missiles still broken.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SNAFUS, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Hatesphere

I've had that before (3 times now to be exact, pretty annoying), you have to lock onto another aircraft to reset it, or swap launchers back and forth at a terminal. that worked for me anyways,
  2. SNAFUS

Jesus that is just all kinds of broke then.
  3. Astriania

Swapping launchers didn't work, nor did getting a lock, I think what finally worked was actually scoring a hit with a lock-on. It was pretty annoying since I was trying to shoot at tanks and things a lot at the time.
  4. Drasilov

Just had an interesting battle vs an entire armada of NC air units coming out of their warpgate - I was a lone Anti Air HA sat in a base nearby taking potshots with the VS cheapo anti-air lockon rocket - cant remember the name.

I found if I fired my rocket at or very close to when I see the flare pop it does sometimes ignore the flare.

Where the flare was deployed after I fired it flew straight up 100% of the time if I maintained LOS.

Interestingly, if I fired a rocket just before I lost LOS by the target moving behind a hill and they then pop a flare I did notice a lot of my rockets getting through.

I must have fired around 50 rockets and got a grand total of 2 kills. This was against at least 5 Reavers, 3 or 4 gunships and 1-2 Galaxies that were running back to the gate and back. I think even with the slightly broken rockets flares make air units largely immune to ground to air infantry (excluding burster maxes). The 2 kills I got were not due to me shooting them down but hitting with a rocket then the guy flew into a mountain. So basically I got 0 kills from at least 50 launches when taken as a direct result of rockets only as all the enemies had flares.
  5. Earthman

I suspect what the OP really meant to say was "lock on still exist!"

It's like those rightwingers who want to "reform" social safety nets and what they mean is destroy them.
  6. Cindil

So your only contribution to the thread is to put words into some else's mouth. Niiiice.

The bug exists; anyone flying regularly and using flares will easily encounter it.

I've had to deal with it and account for it in just about every play session in recent memory. Outfit mates are logging out of the game in disgust after losing multiple aircraft to it.

It's a problem.

It needs to be addressed.
  7. Earthman

And your condescension and whiteknighting is even more "niiiiiiiiiice".

I did imply a pretty important question: are we really talking about the bugs that lock on weapons have, or are you and yours demanding their outright removal?

If the bugs were fixed, by and large they would make the Striker a hint more effective. It bugs out in favor of whatever it's shooting at pretty often, too.
  8. Diamond Sword

What good are flares against those machine gun rocket launchers that lock on? That **** is annoying.
  9. Earthman

They're good enough to make most of the volley, if not all of it, go straight into the sky.

It's annoying but I accept it. Can you?
  10. SNAFUS

Again the main issue people need to understand is ESF rarely die to just one or even two forms of damage. You getting a hit on any of those aircraft took 45% of his HP making him a marked target for all other players in the area. The ability for the mechanic to fail and allow unavoidable damage upon an aircraft or vehicle is game breaking and simply no fun to experience.
  11. SNAFUS

Yes because me reporting and wishing for a broken mechanic to be fixed must mean I am attempting to remove the entire weapon system from the game........
  12. Earthman

So in short it must always take many people, maybe a dozen or more, to take you out because of your rare and elite choice of a low-resource-cost ESF lolpodding over them.

I'm all for making lockons not do supernatural or weird things, and for flares to work as expected, mind you. The sentiment that simply choosing an ESF making you the bane of small squads and that no weapon should ever challenge that is too much.
  13. Earthman

Then clarify. There's so many "LOCK ONS = NO SKILL" rant threads and posts on this forum, many demanding the outright removal of the mechanic.
  14. SNAFUS

You are really making things out of thin air here man. At no point are we even referencing that lock ons shouldn't be effective. But their very nature is to be a deterrent on a 1v1 basis. As many weapon systems from a individual soldier are not outright lethal on a 1v1 basis when used in groups they can be devastating. The issue here on which you are openly trying to derail is the mechanic is not working currently between flares and lock on missiles. If you want to argue lock on balance and other ESF debates I would prefer you actually make a thread with that as the topic.
  15. SNAFUS

Obviously you have nothing of worth to say or your simply to lazy to read my thread. At least try to add some depth to your troll man this was just a weak attempt at best.
  16. Earthman

I suppose you want me to go looking for needles in a few haystacks too?

Again, I said this didn't seem that much different than from a few dozen other lock-on weapon threads, and skimming the last page, it still looked like yet another one of these. Your attitude isn't very convincing either.
  17. SNAFUS

Blind accusations on your first post kind of set the tone for our current convo Earth. And why even bother posting if you are to lazy to even read the thread?
  18. Reaper018

And silence from the Zolton34 party....I'm wondering if he's busy firing 3964 hawks on his character to come back here and try to prove his point?
  19. Mikenuge

SOE's response

20. SNAFUS

Probably :)