MAX Flamethrowers are back.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ned, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Pikachu

Because we all associate them with NC because in the trailer we saw an NC MAX using them. :p
  2. Madcat9

Need a light?
    • Up x 2
  3. Ash87

But the NC already have all the CQC options. So now we give them more CQC options? I thought you people hated CQC?
    • Up x 1
  4. Rogueghost

Lockdown with a flamethrower, sounds about useful as lockdown with scattercannons.
    • Up x 1
  5. Madcat9

Well in this trailer it was a TR max, and I kinda selfishly wish this was a TR ES weapon so we would have an interesting weapon. Come to think of it if that happened it would be one step closer to TR being like the Terrans from Starcraft. o_O
  6. Pikachu

0:48 :p Also notice the projectiles of the vanu MAX with his comets at 0:31. They look like vanu rocket launchers, having trails like... comets.
  7. The Shermanator

Every faction has shotguns. Every faction has SMGs. Every faction's MAX kills at roughly the same rate in CQC.

What are you even talking about.
  8. Lamat

But the flame thrower will work as an awesome supplement to the NC MAX shotguns, now you can hit hard with a shotgun and still have a constant stream of DPS while reloading it.
    • Up x 1
  9. Regpuppy

I think it's more of a general aversion to possibly giving the other two factions the exact same bonus in close quarters while leaving the NC max in worse predicament. Being CQC focused without really being considerably better at it.
  10. Lamat

If that happens NC should get autocannon arms.

The flame throwers can't be as strong as shotguns though or it would effectively break the NC MAX. they should be about a sustained low DPS for suppression rather than burst.
  11. Regpuppy

Regardless of the devs actual intentions, that's the fear that a lot of NC players have about the flamethrowers. Personally, I'm indifferent about them until I see how they work. Regardless, I still think they need to release a second generation of max AI arms that do it slightly different from their original ones.
  12. MisterBond

>Meet Chad's 2005 harley Davidson Roadster
    >Video footage of him cutting between cars in the middle of traffic

Only a matter of time before this man claims his Darwin award
    • Up x 1
  13. Bape

This will just make a lot of NC players rage giving TR/VS a CQC weapon and give NC another CQC weapon? They dam well better have a medium range weapon for NC or I will activate "RAGE YOLO QQ FORUMSIDER NC ALL DAY ***** MODE" lol
    • Up x 3
  14. Liewec123

all they need to do it make them work totally different, with very low direct damage but leaving a patch on the ground that causes damage over time to people standing on it, from the video it looks like thats what they're trying for.
  15. Izriul

There is no ZOE ADAD "exploit"

It has momentum if you didn't know.
  16. Izriul

I doubt (Don't know, but doubt!) that FT's will even have the TTK of a regular max AI arm upclose. I don't see why NC once again think the sky is falling and how it will affect them "more".

TTK of Nebulars / Mercies / whatever is pretty damn short at point blank or even up to 15m even without ZOE / Lockdown. I really don't think (again! don't know!) that flame throwers will instant gib.

I picture them of being more of a get in your face, blind you and be able to affect multiple targets while your health drops in rapid small numbers - which doesn't take away anything from any faction.
  17. faykid

i remember flamethrower in ME3 MP, everyone hated flamethrower users because you couldn't see anything in the same room with them
  18. Lagavulin

Because this game needs more cqc carnage :(.
  19. MykeMichail

Not recommended as a solution to low FPS.
  20. Skizzik_NZ

Because the NC need more in the <10m damage range...

This is essentially saying "I like how NC maxes are no threat outdoors, we should keep it this way."