Some feedback on FPS and UI

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Bill Hicks, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Bill Hicks

I really like the UI esp the centralized one. Reminds me of the UI mod I used in world of warcraft.please allow us to customize it further. Like changing colors.
    Also please add a icon that tells me when my class ability is activated. This will help in laggy battles.

My specs

AMD vishera 6 core
    8 gigs of ram
    win 7
    Nvidia 9800 GT 512 vid ram
    Everything has been fully updated ( mobo card etc)

On live I play on lowest settings except for
    75 fov
    1600x 1000 res
    I get good fps even in super heavy fights. maybe dipping to 25 if there is a lot of dead vehicle debris

I fought on the crown with about a low to medium sized fight ( everything is on low). Decent FPS. Smoothing doesnt seem to have any effect

Hossin: No fights I could find but my fps was maintaining around 30 fps. I get alot of pop up. and I feel that its pushing my video card to the max.

Overall I think I did get a boost. I ll try the game on medium and see what happens. I know my major bottleneck is my old graphics card.
  2. daniel696

On Live server everything on ultra, huge battles = 15 - 25 (sometimes hits 30)
    On Test server everything on ultra, huge battles = 17 - 30 (sometimes hits 36)

I don't know but a felt that the hit detection became better, maybe just a illusion.

Specs
    ||
    \/
  3. notw2

While that is true yes that 9800gt is still a beast at that But try upgrading Sell that on ebay for meh $40 and then get a $100 that will be good enough to run this game
  4. Corruptlol

really ?

feels like hitboxes are a bit off and leading shots on running targets is a big difference to the live servers
    • Up x 1
  5. Bill Hicks

Im debating between the new radeon 260x or the geforce 650 ti boost.
  6. Bill Hicks

this is the same feeling I got. Hit was way off esp for a gauss saw.
    • Up x 1
  7. notw2

between the to....idk much about that new 260x but the 650 ti......the 560 ti is better then that card. As i have the 560 ti and a friend as the 650 ti with the same specs as me other wise and gets less frames by like 15 roughly. If there are sales like on newegg soon...
  8. Bill Hicks

I forgot to mention this is the boost version

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127728
  9. BatouSection9

Guess a AMD FX 4100 Quad Core aint gonna cut it this time around, I might just wanna upgrade the the Six or Eight core vishera version.

NewEgg don't fail me now!
  10. Bill Hicks

pretty cheap for the power it gives you. I was able to play BF 4 beta pretty decent.

The only problem is that you will have to upgrade your MOBO
  11. BatouSection9

12. Fredfred

fps is still up in the air for me. Need to test at a tech plant, biolab, amp station, but everyone just wants to fight at the crown for some dumb reason. :eek:
  13. variablez

windows 8 4 bit
    Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3970X CPU @ 3.50GHz (12 CPUs), ~over clocked to 4.5 Hz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    16 megs ram
    using razor game booster

Live I get 130 fps at warpgate, test server I get 200

Live in large battles would get 40 -50 fps. test server now get 80 fps.

live I used mixture of high and low settings (shadows off), Test everything on high (shadows off)

not fond of the new health and shield bars

overall awesome patch, hope it hits live asap.
  14. Bill Hicks

Yeah
  15. notw2

16. Bill Hicks

how so? 260x has only 128 bit

Anything higher than 192 bit is in the 250 dollar range . And i am looking to spend only 140 max
  17. NC_agent00kevin

The 1Gb models are great. My kids run those and to this day can still run high settings on everything. Slightly older titles they can max out. We had a Zotac 512Mb version and it was hot garbage compared to the EVGA 1GB models.
  18. NC_agent00kevin

19. notw2

Well I mean its alright but that is the speed of the Memory and it would struggle with some things.

Um look into benchmarks and such but how about this card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102998

Myself I am a NVidia guy but i have always wanted to try AMD this isnt a bad deal. And a friend of mine got it and gets about 20 more frames sometimes More then my 560 ti 1 gb I get 60-90 frames and then in battles roughly 30-40 depending for in this game...a game like bf3 he was getting 45-70 frames on some maps so eh it should do ya

or this
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150605